News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Introductions, Part VI: Welcome to Our PD Party

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 22, 2017, 02:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 22, 2017, 03:15:23 AM
For the love of all that's holy, do NOT send a recipie to Roger.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen air spontaneously combust. Which means you haven't seen Roger try to make an ego waffle.

It's been like 4 years, so I thought I would point out these atrocities against the English language.

Also, there is nothing wrong with me.  It is just that wildly improbable events occur TO me in the kitchen.  I'm the victim here, buddy.
Molon Lube

Lord Batwing Candlewaxxe

Quote from: Cramulus on April 13, 2021, 01:24:56 PM
Hey newcomer.

Since you mentioned Zen Without Zen Masters, I wanted to mention -- I've got a discordian cabal that meets on Discord, and next Wednesday (April 21) we're going to meet at 8PM EST to discuss Zen Without Zen Masters.

Sounds like a lot of fun; unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to attend.  My employer tends to get a bit tetchy when I spend too much work-related time doing non-work-related stuff.
"You know those days when things keep getting worse faster than you can lower your standards?" - Carrie Fisher

Perhaps the damned horse can fly.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lord Batwing Candlewaxxe on April 14, 2021, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on April 13, 2021, 01:24:56 PM
Hey newcomer.

Since you mentioned Zen Without Zen Masters, I wanted to mention -- I've got a discordian cabal that meets on Discord, and next Wednesday (April 21) we're going to meet at 8PM EST to discuss Zen Without Zen Masters.

Sounds like a lot of fun; unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to attend.  My employer tends to get a bit tetchy when I spend too much work-related time doing non-work-related stuff.

Stick his head on a pike.  Pour encourager les autres.
Molon Lube

serendipity

Hey, I'm new. Well, I've lurked here on and off for a while, but new to saying anything (not that I'm likely to say very much, I suspect).
I found discordia five or six years ago, thought it was funny, and kept coming back to it for some reason. I have trouble expressing why it seems important, maybe I'm just scared of never doing anything that matters.
At the moment I'm into theoretical computer science and stories that are wholly metaphorical, but part of why I'm here (other than probably needing to get some social interaction somewhere) is that I keep running into the same ideas and it seems like being here might make it harder to let myself get stuck.

As far as recipes go, all I've really got to share is my housemate's halloween drink, consisting of lemon juice, sugar, peach schnapps, green food colouring and as much shredded mint as will fit in the bottle.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: serendipity on April 16, 2021, 12:10:45 AM
Hey, I'm new. Well, I've lurked here on and off for a while, but new to saying anything (not that I'm likely to say very much, I suspect).
I found discordia five or six years ago, thought it was funny, and kept coming back to it for some reason. I have trouble expressing why it seems important, maybe I'm just scared of never doing anything that matters.
At the moment I'm into theoretical computer science and stories that are wholly metaphorical, but part of why I'm here (other than probably needing to get some social interaction somewhere) is that I keep running into the same ideas and it seems like being here might make it harder to let myself get stuck.

As far as recipes go, all I've really got to share is my housemate's halloween drink, consisting of lemon juice, sugar, peach schnapps, green food colouring and as much shredded mint as will fit in the bottle.

Welcome to the time sump.  There's a ton of short fiction, a novel or two, enough recipes to give you gout, and we have a Cramulus issue.

Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: serendipity on April 16, 2021, 12:10:45 AM

welcome!

you say you keep coming back to Discordia, but why? what's next? what's it leading you to?
you're right that it's more than just a ha-ha --- but what else? we desperately need new popes to tell us

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 16, 2021, 04:00:39 AM
Welcome to the time sump.  There's a ton of short fiction, a novel or two, enough recipes to give you gout, and we have a Cramulus issue.

you have a cramulus issue, old man  :argh!:

I have a Cramulus SOLUTION

LMNO

minuspace

altered

Quote from: Cramulus on April 16, 2021, 01:36:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 16, 2021, 04:00:39 AM

you have a cramulus issue, old man  :argh!:

I have a Cramulus SOLUTION

I have a Cramulus issue too, and the solution makes it worse

Most recently we tried the thermite surgery but the explosions killed like five people.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I don't dislike you, Cram, it's just that your business methods are unscrupulous, and you teach people that it's okay to have an MBA.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 17, 2021, 04:35:07 AM
I don't dislike you, Cram, it's just that your business methods are unscrupulous, and you teach people that it's okay to have an MBA.

I wish you'd stop harassing people about their Micro Ball Awards though. The institute has been trying to comfort these people by giving them awards. They have nothing else but their tiny, tiny, award winning balls.

Doktor Howl

Witty response when this vaccine thingie gets its claws out of me.
Molon Lube

Maëlig

Waouh de la musique toute la journée avec les gens qui sont des gourous de la musique !  :lulz: :lol:
J'suis moi !
À manger !

Diamond_Lights

Hi I am new and found ya'll through a wild chain of events, that right before finding this site went: "randomly" reading a pdf from a dump of text documents i got from some Tor site (Prometheus Rising) -> asking RAWilson(s twitter) where I could go to for help / more. Is there an order in which I should read things and what are they? I believe that this is what I have always been looking for.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Diamond_Lights on October 27, 2021, 09:45:27 PM
Hi I am new and found ya'll through a wild chain of events, that right before finding this site went: "randomly" reading a pdf from a dump of text documents i got from some Tor site (Prometheus Rising) -> asking RAWilson(s twitter) where I could go to for help / more. Is there an order in which I should read things and what are they? I believe that this is what I have always been looking for.

There is no particular order.  You're about 10 years late to the party (this forum's golden age was 2006-2011).

There's a ton of good stuff, spread more or less equally throughout the forum.  This subforum has a lot of the gold, but so does Think For Yourself, Schmuck and Bring & Brag.
Molon Lube