CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Introductions, Part VI: Welcome to Our PD Party

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 22, 2017, 02:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 20, 2018, 07:51:26 PM
Quote from: OS Not Found on January 20, 2018, 10:54:55 AM
1) Last fall when looking for post-modern and post-humanist books to read I found PD, the book, on a Wikipedia page for parody/post-modern religions. I started reading it, thought it was funny, but then stopped and moved on to a different pdf. Later I audiobook'd the Illuminatus! Trilogy and was provoked by the logogram/biogram theory of action. After finishing the trilogy, I looked for further reading on the subject finding only one journal article titled 'Dissipating the Logogram'. It was a good read, but I wasn't satisfied with his resolution... ended up on PD, the forum, several times in my search. Too many times and I am here.

2) From what I've read, the other Greek Gods weren't the best judges of character. But yeah, I'm askin' for it.

3) I cook practically, might add some recipes there but they aren't fancy. Here's an easy one for now.

0. If this is your first time working with pasta and you need extra luck, try throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder into the pot. If not, skip this step.

1. Make spaghetti. From scratch is cheaper but box works just as well. The key to knowing when the spaghetti is ready is a sudden change in the smell of the room. After the smell changes, let it cook a bit longer. If you can't smell the difference yet, do a flexibility test of the pasta and try it every now and then. It is essential the spaghetti gets a lot of water in it for this recipe. Also, I don't think it is important to boil the water before putting the spaghetti in as long as it is kinda hot.

2. Drain the spaghetti. While draining it is easy, if you mess up you can end up with sink-spaghetti a different, less desirable recipe. Also, it is important to pour it out of the pot when you drain it, so it gets airtime.

3. Here is the twist. Then freeze the amount of spaghetti you will eat. The goal is not to freeze it thoroughly, but to get a soft-freeze. Frozen spaghetti, as long as it is malleable, is very refreshing and enables many more pairings rather than just tomatoes and cheese. I recommend pickles in my frozen spaghetti, but I wouldn't eat pickles in hot spaghetti. Alternatively, frozen spaghetti can be a straight dessert as an ice cream substitute if paired with something sweet. Lastly, semi-frozen spaghetti is not as messy. Because it does not slip around and can be bitten into rather than slurped, frozen spaghetti is a better option for fancier meals, I'd imagine. I freeze spaghetti practically, not fancily, so I wouldn't know on that last pro.

I think you're looking for the Pastafarians.

:horrormirth: Quality post.

And welcome everyone. If you are going to flounce at any point in time please make it good.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

staktere

1.  Who the hell are you, and how did you find this place?  You're a cop, right?  Yeah you are.  Or you're wearing a wire.  I can smell that shit, and you are most definitely some kind of spy for government agencies that never heard of us and wouldn't care if they did.  Fess up.

I'm Iz, I'm an art student, a revolt-over-reform politics nerd, and I'm vaguely intimidated by your line of questioning. How did you know???

I used to tell people I was a Hellenic Pagan when I lived under a rock and hadn't met a lot of those, but they're pretty not nicetm a lot of the time and so I've kinda just... veered off from that. That's all the pertinent stuff, at the moment anyway.

2.  Why on Earth would you join a religion that worships a Greek God...And not just ANY Greek God, but the one all the OTHER Greek Gods thought was a troublemaker?  You're just asking for it, you know.

I always liked the underworld gods more as a whole. They weren't bail-out gods or saviors or anything like that. In Ancient Greece people would avoid even saying their name to avoid getting their attention. Eris is the Goddess of Discord and Strife and such, and I can relate to that. I've been called a "Sower of Strife" by a few religious types in my home town because I would argue with them, and I never saw how that was a bad thing. So to worship the Goddess of Strife seemed... suiting.
also I liked the book I'm not supposed to quote

3.  Do you know any good recipes?  Because we have a section for that, and I'm trying to learn to cook.

I know a lot of recipes for Mexican food if that's what you're into.

ReverendJesus

Oooooh, like Tex-mex, Calimex, or actual traditional Mexican food?
'Cause I'm down for all 3, but Cilantro tastes like soap.
~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!

staktere

Traditional Mexican, my friend.

I'll have to get the official recipes from my mom though hehe

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cramulus

Hello staktere! Welcome to PD. If you like that Oldschool Religion, you'll like this place -- but only because we are an ancient forum community. We've been around since early pagan times, except that I mean the early 2000s.

Quote from: staktere on April 29, 2018, 06:44:20 AM
I used to tell people I was a Hellenic Pagan when I lived under a rock and hadn't met a lot of those, but they're pretty not nicetm a lot of the time and so I've kinda just... veered off from that. That's all the pertinent stuff, at the moment anyway.

Pagan Reconstructionists are a weird bunch. I could never dig about them is their forgiveness for classical-world values. The ancient world was cool in some ways, but WHACK AS FUCK in other ways.

LMNO

Hi, new person! 

Anyone who uses epazote when the cook is OK with me.

Cain

Hellenic Reconstructionists are weird and not in a good way.  And I say that as someone who did two years of Classical Studies.

But at least they're not Nordic pagans. That stuff is just cringeworthy, even when it isn't fantastically racist.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2018, 04:08:32 PM
Hellenic Reconstructionists are weird and not in a good way.  And I say that as someone who did two years of Classical Studies.

But at least they're not Nordic pagans. That stuff is just cringeworthy, even when it isn't fantastically racist.

Nordic Pagans are dismal.

Except Waffle, but he doesn't identify as a Pagan.  He is just fundamentally unsuited for the modern world.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, Waffle is actually a Viking, so he has an excuse.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 01, 2018, 12:53:50 PM
Yeah, Waffle is actually a Viking, so he has an excuse.

And it actually DID get him the hot chick, so yanno, "not a Pagan".
Molon Lube

staktere

I've also been around since the early 2000s, so old-school religion is great :>

Honestly, this place is very labyrinthine and I'm kinda intimidated by the whole forum, so I'll go get a few recipes from my mom and buy my way into the hearts of the PD masses with food.

And yeah, I like the myth, mostly, but a lot of it just outright unpleasant. I may be working on a vastly cynical and licentious myth-reworking because I somehow think I'm qualified to dismantle the Hellenic afterlife.

EK WAFFLR

Fuck pagans. When I do my duties for the gods, I do it proper like.

There has to be blood. And screaming.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

trippinprincezz13

Like so?

There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on May 10, 2018, 08:15:59 PM
Fuck pagans. When I do my duties for the gods, I do it proper like.

There has to be blood. And screaming.

And gigantic Goddamn Norwegians stuffed into mini Coopers.
Molon Lube