News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Introductions, Part VI: Welcome to Our PD Party

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 22, 2017, 02:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not_larry_bud_melman

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 09, 2019, 01:53:50 PM
DID YOU REMEMBER TO GO THROUGH THE INITIATION RITE?!

I don't think I did. Nobody is here to do that.

altered

Nonsense: you're there, aren't you? And you're Pope, after all. You can just initiate yourself.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

best of all: you can decide what the rite is, as a pope. also, greetings!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

not_larry_bud_melman

Utmost Roast Beef

I tried very hard to have an original thought in introducing myself, but found the effort taxing. In any case, my proper name is Felix. I stumbled upon Discordianism when I was... 16? I think? I was caught up in the typical high school attempts to be interesting and stumbled into an unrelated cult, but in researching things for that unfortunate project I found the PD and determined I liked it a lot.

I'm a Greek Polytheist proper, but I'm kind of... bad at it? I make pretty good honey cakes though, if the occasion calls for it. I smeared spaghetti sauce on my face once as an offering.

I've been lurking on the board for a while, and may continue to just do that. I figured if I was gonna be here, you might as well know who it was sniffing their way through your political commentary and ideological drubbings. It only took me so long because I'm an idiot and didn't realize the aforementioned rules were listed delicately within the registration agreement.

I'm not sure I'm clever enough to overcome my intimidation, but understand nothing in this world makes me laugh as hard as this forum. Thanks.

altered

Hmm. You seem fine. Stick around, say something once in awhile. Something about your writing style tells me you have the right mental damage to keep up, and I like to have new faces around.

Pool's on the roof; don't buy any cults from Cramulus, medical procedures from Dok, or drinks from LMNO. I don't think I missed anything there, but if I did I'm sure it will be fine and no one will end up in existential dread until the end of time.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Utmost Roast Beef

Quote from: nullified on October 07, 2019, 02:28:05 AM
Hmm. You seem fine. Stick around, say something once in awhile. Something about your writing style tells me you have the right mental damage to keep up, and I like to have new faces around.

Pool's on the roof; don't buy any cults from Cramulus, medical procedures from Dok, or drinks from LMNO. I don't think I missed anything there, but if I did I'm sure it will be fine and no one will end up in existential dread until the end of time.
Thank you for your kind words.

Also, existential dread is my mental damage. How else could I survive Law School?

altered

Just don't go infecting anyone here with it. We tolerate that sort of thing, or else Cain would have been the core of a bitter civil war, but we won't accept excuses or "mistakes". It's just like anywhere else: if you make the bodies, you clean them up.

Utmost Roast Beef

I'm pretty sure it isn't contagious. Or... if it is, I have some explaining to do to my boyfriend. I may have to see a doctor about that.

altered

It's definitely contagious, but there's certainly a difference between primary infection and secondary infection as well. Only a primary infection "spreads the word", secondary infections provide limited immunity at the cost of Knowing Too Much. If the boyfriend doesn't hoot, gibber, or read off "funny legal facts" to people, he's fine.

However! If he does do those things, we recommend a portable incinerator and a 48 hour quarantine of the entire site. Anyone exposed to "funny legal facts" needs to be confined for up to one week to make sure they aren't showing symptoms.

A final warning. Attempts to escape to Massachusetts must be stopped at all costs: the camps of afflicted individuals at Harvard have reached critical mass already, you can't throw a rock without hitting someone talking about a court date while wearing a bad suit. Take precautions, we've done all we can on our end.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on October 07, 2019, 03:04:45 AM
Anyone exposed to "funny legal facts" needs to be confined for up to one week to make sure they aren't showing symptoms.

The United States Supreme Court ruled that tomatoes are vegetables in Nix v. Hedden (1893).
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Utmost Roast Beef on October 07, 2019, 02:15:48 AM
I tried very hard to have an original thought in introducing myself, but found the effort taxing.

Hi, new guy!  :wave:

altered

It has been too late for everyone here for YEARS, CNO. If someone drops dead from this post though, you know the drill: you clean it up, or Cain unhinges his lower jaw and releases the apocalyptic bugs of wrath on you.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on October 07, 2019, 03:17:21 AM
If someone drops dead from this post though, you know the drill: you clean it up,
Of course.  I'm not one to waste food.

Utmost Roast Beef

Quote from: nullified on October 07, 2019, 03:04:45 AMAnyone exposed to "funny legal facts" needs to be confined for up to one week to make sure they aren't showing symptoms.

I thought you meant the existential dread. I was afraid I would have to act like I was in church and my depressive episodes were possession again.

Fret ye not! I'm immune to Funny Legal Facts Syndrome. I don't find laws funny, I find them wonderfully exploitable. At least, when they aren't benefitting the bourgeoisie. Then it's just tragic, and I have to drink copious amounts of milk to overcome my sorrow.