News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Introductions, Part VI: Welcome to Our PD Party

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 22, 2017, 02:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diamond_Lights

Has the party migrated elsewhere? All the links to discordia books are broken, any leads?

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Diamond_Lights on October 28, 2021, 05:33:43 PM
Has the party migrated elsewhere? All the links to discordia books are broken, any leads?

Naw, Discordia hates each other and fucked off to Facebook.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Diamond_Lights

awww facebook... so you guys are that kind of crazy  :cry:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Diamond_Lights on October 29, 2021, 02:06:05 AM
awww facebook... so you guys are that kind of crazy  :cry:

Well, yes.  There just isn't enough validation on old school boards, I suppose.

But it really was more of an implosion, just shy of 6 years ago, aka "The Great Seriousness of 2015," wherein many many old beefs all popped to the surface at once.

The simple fact is that everyone's discordia is different from everyone else's discordia, and after 13 years it just kinda went boom.
Molon Lube

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 29, 2021, 01:59:50 AM

Except for me.  Facebook won't let me join.  :cry:

So, here I sit, all alone, refreshing the forum endlessly, hoping that someday everyone will come back.

...well, maybe not everyone.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 29, 2021, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 29, 2021, 01:59:50 AM

Except for me.  Facebook won't let me join.  :cry:

So, here I sit, all alone, refreshing the forum endlessly, hoping that someday everyone will come back.

...well, maybe not everyone.

I'll be around more often.  I can only fuck off here at the new job.
Molon Lube

Diamond_Lights

I feel like I literally need to start ALL of my learning over with this new heuristic.

PS Do ya'll want to make a server on Discord as it only seems appropriate...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Diamond_Lights on October 30, 2021, 10:21:06 PM
I feel like I literally need to start ALL of my learning over with this new heuristic.

There is a Disco Discord, I think Cram has the link

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 01, 2021, 05:08:39 PM
Quote from: Diamond_Lights on October 30, 2021, 10:21:06 PM

There is a Disco Discord, I think Cram has the link

But Cram is a bad person.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Link to the Aftermathematics Research Cabal discord server available on PM request.

Our weekly video meetings have also tapered off a bit, would be nice to get some new blood over there.

I've been a little bit of an absentee landlord since I had the baby, but I go back to work next week so I'll be there a bunch more.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2021, 04:53:07 PM
Link to the Aftermathematics Research Cabal discord server available on PM request.

Our weekly video meetings have also tapered off a bit, would be nice to get some new blood over there.

I've been a little bit of an absentee landlord since I had the baby, but I go back to work next week so I'll be there a bunch more.

If you've been an absentee landlord, I've been an absentee tenant. Is there a link to info regarding the Aftermathematics Research Cabal? I don't know what that is and I'm interested to see if I'm interested to see it.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cramulus

long story short:

• those of us who used to hang out in #discord, our community IRC channel, were increasingly frustrated at IRCs lack of tools to keep out dedicated trolls and assholes
  • Meanwhile, facebook is getting worse and worse, it's actually making us all stupider, so I made a personal pledge to spend less time there.
  • So I started a Discordian Discord server which functions as a cabal. The intent is not to become big or popular, but to have a cool nucleus of people who enjoy sharing cyberspace together.
  • As a Discordian cabal, we welcome people to share their wacky niche interests. It's kind of a sharing/learning vibe where we are interested to hear about the cool things you're reading about / doing
  • We used to have a bunch of crazy subcabals with their own meeting schedules. Like, at one point we had a Gurdjieff book club, a movie watching club, a meditation group, a deleuze focused philosophy chat circle, and an occult workgroup. And I'm forgetting a few!
  • other information should be discovered in-game

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2021, 05:01:48 PM
long story short:

• those of us who used to hang out in #discord, our community IRC channel, were increasingly frustrated at IRCs lack of tools to keep out dedicated trolls and assholes
  • Meanwhile, facebook is getting worse and worse, it's actually making us all stupider, so I made a personal pledge to spend less time there.
  • So I started a Discordian Discord server which functions as a cabal. The intent is not to become big or popular, but to have a cool nucleus of people who enjoy sharing cyberspace together.
  • As a Discordian cabal, we welcome people to share their wacky niche interests. It's kind of a sharing/learning vibe where we are interested to hear about the cool things you're reading about / doing
  • We used to have a bunch of crazy subcabals with their own meeting schedules. Like, at one point we had a Gurdjieff book club, a movie watching club, a meditation group, a deleuze focused philosophy chat circle, and an occult workgroup. And I'm forgetting a few!
  • other information should be discovered in-game

Do you think it's worth it for someone who can't video chat? Kinda limited to keyboard communication at the moment.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"