News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

The company you keep

Started by Junkenstein, February 22, 2017, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Friends are important, and who you choose for your friends can have a major impact on the trajectory of your life. "It's not what you know, it's who you know" isn't just a mindless platitude; who you spend time with, talk to, and associate with has a strong hand in determining what you talk about, what you learn, who you meet, and how you interpret your experiences. These, in turn, have a strong influence on what opportunities you find in your life, whether intellectual, vocational, or romantic.

Choose your friends wisely. Choose the people you want as part of your support system in the life you hope to lead. Choose people you respect and admire, people who inspire you. People who encourage you to pursue your ambitions and grow into a better person. People who admire YOU, and are inspired by you to be better people.

You can judge a person's character by the company they keep.

You can predict their future, too.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

tl;dr show me a man whose friends are all scumbags and losers, and I'll show you a scumbag loser.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."