News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Sermon for the Weird Times

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, February 28, 2017, 03:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Yeah, without specific instances listed, nothing here is more then hypothetical.

The closest it would come is if someone said "Punch every Nazi you see" which could be construed as incitement of hatred which is handled differently in Germany/Ireland than it is in America (The server, hosting company, registered domains dont have any ties to America). And even then it would be a stretch, the worst that happens is you get a letter to the effect of "Would you please take this down"
Even with that said Germanies laws on Volksverhetzung (governing hate speech) aren't exactly all that Nazi friendly.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

bugmenоt

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 01, 2017, 04:05:18 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2017, 02:12:45 AM
At this point they'd have to shut down half the internet if that were probable cause.

Look out Facebook and Reddit, the Nazi-puncher police are coming to shut you down.

They have lawyers.

Also:

tyrannosaurus vex

We clearly have protection as a religious organization, anyway.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing is, he's not even a good troll. He's just reposting shit he saw work on some other shitty forum.

We get maybe three decent trolls a year, and they are banned as soon as people start having fun with them, while garbage like Weltburger just suffers on endlessly posting stupid, unfunny bait.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Weltbürger (NSFW) on March 01, 2017, 10:54:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 01, 2017, 04:05:18 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2017, 02:12:45 AM
At this point they'd have to shut down half the internet if that were probable cause.

Look out Facebook and Reddit, the Nazi-puncher police are coming to shut you down.

They have lawyers.

Also:

Again,
:sotw:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

bugmenоt

I think you seriously need a Snickers or something.

LMNO

I'm not 100% sure you realize exactly how awful that was to say.

bugmenоt

How so?`I was trying to nicely tell her to calm down. What did I miss?

EDIT: A search for Snickers gives a shitload of results. I was not aware of this and I'm still not sure what it means. I was referring to the advertising in which people are given a Snickers to calm down.

EDIT2: Alright, that reference was dumb.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Weltbürger (NSFW) on March 01, 2017, 05:14:33 PM

How long ago was it that you were adding swastikas to Khara's kids faces here on PD, Weltburger?

And now you're "concerned" that "this board might get in trouble" if we keep being mean to Nazis.

The fuck outta here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 02, 2017, 05:11:03 PM

How long ago was it that you were adding swastikas to Khara's kids faces here on PD, Weltburger?

And now you're "concerned" that "this board might get in trouble" if we keep being mean to Nazis.

The fuck outta here.

Funny enough, that was probably 10 years ago.

Jesus time flies
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on March 02, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 02, 2017, 05:11:03 PM

The fuck outta here.

Funny enough, that was probably 10 years ago.

Jesus time flies

Something like that.

But I'm not in the Jesus business.  That's Payne.  I'm more of a Samuel kinda guy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on March 03, 2017, 12:06:23 PM
Not swastikas dicks

There was at least one swastika.  I remember the dicks he drew on her kids.  She got a swastika.

Cain

Given where Weltburger lives, he might want to be careful about drawing swastikas on people. That kind of display of Nazi iconography in a public place, which includes the internet per case law, can have very serious consequences in several European jurisdictions.

MMIX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2017, 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: MMIX on March 03, 2017, 12:06:23 PM
Not swastikas dicks

There was at least one swastika.  I remember the dicks he drew on her kids.  She got a swastika.

Wow, I didn't remember there being a swastika, shit. 
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber