News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Greetings, nice to meet your quaintenance!

Started by Mr. Gone, March 08, 2017, 03:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Gone

There was then a terrible crash that came from stage right.  That scaffolding that you thought had been strong and secure, it turns out was made of a type of cheese that resembled something other than swiss cheese.  I mean of course, because who would build with holy materials.  The kind that you can just see through.  This has always been mans folly, fully trusting in the eyes without the knowledge of the lurking deceit. 

How far shall we sink below until we know too late that we've been drowning since long before anyone can remember they forgot?

Wait, what was the question?

Five Tons Of Flucks!

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Salty

Hey new guy, maybe!

Quoteswiss cheese.  I mean of course, because who would build with holy materials.

:ffs:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mr. Gone on March 08, 2017, 03:40:58 AM
There was then a terrible crash that came from stage right.  That scaffolding that you thought had been strong and secure, it turns out was made of a type of cheese that resembled something other than swiss cheese.  I mean of course, because who would build with holy materials.  The kind that you can just see through.  This has always been mans folly, fully trusting in the eyes without the knowledge of the lurking deceit. 

How far shall we sink below until we know too late that we've been drowning since long before anyone can remember they forgot?

Five Tons Of Flucks!

Except that it's not Swiss Cheese.  It's concrete and steel, and it has not been properly maintained.  It's two and a half centuries of poor maintenance.  Sure, the blue print was good, but the work was just plain shoddy.  Now, it's probably better to stand there and pretend that it's not looming directly over your head, that those flakes falling are snow, and that the horrible groaning noises are just wind.

And certainly pay no attention to the tens of millions of jabbering loons bashing away at the foundations, hollering about how they're gonna make it all great again.  They're just reality TV, after all.  There are other, better things to pay attention to...Junkenstein's crowbar, for example.  He's not fucking around, don't test him.  Or EoC's smile.  It's a little Jurassic, and there are far too many teeth in it. 

In fact, think about LMNO, the last of the Big Gay Cowboys, strumming his guitar and singing his love of Devine.

It's better for you, really.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Five Tons Of Flucks!

Why u do dis
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, is that David Letterman frolicking in a field of poppies?

Cain

Cain

Sorry, I mean hi totally new guy who is hiding behind a proxy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2017, 04:09:51 AM
Sorry, I mean hi totally new guy who is hiding behind a proxy.

Yep.  Proxy server in Quebec.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

LMNO

Mr. Gone

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 08, 2017, 03:56:02 AM

Five Tons Of Flucks!

Except that it's not Swiss Cheese.  It's concrete and steel, and it has not been properly maintained.  It's two and a half centuries of poor maintenance.  Sure, the blue print was good, but the work was just plain shoddy.  Now, it's probably better to stand there and pretend that it's not looming directly over your head, that those flakes falling are snow, and that the horrible groaning noises are just wind.

And certainly pay no attention to the tens of millions of jabbering loons bashing away at the foundations, hollering about how they're gonna make it all great again.  They're just reality TV, after all.  There are other, better things to pay attention to...Junkenstein's crowbar, for example.  He's not fucking around, don't test him.  Or EoC's smile.  It's a little Jurassic, and there are far too many teeth in it. 

In fact, think about LMNO, the last of the Big Gay Cowboys, strumming his guitar and singing his love of Devine.

It's better for you, really.

Word.  And everyone is searching for that silver bullet.  That one, quick, easy-button solution.  Except, seems more often than not, we see some person as the silver bullet.  Obama, Trump, Winfrey... a modern Jesus who will tell us on the TeeVee from the comforts of our Cheeto-encrusted couches that THEY will deliver us to the promise land of low-priced milk and honey.  I mean, why get up and try to work for it.  Let's just sit here slack-jawed and wait for them to put it in our lap. 

Salvation in a Tempur-Pedic Wi-Fi enabled Hamster Wheel.