News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

The Parable of Sal the Insurance Clerk

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 18, 2017, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 24, 2017, 07:59:42 PM
Maybe... "Truth" as a heading (or removed) and the first "Just like" removed. Credit vexati0n

Liquid perfection.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on March 23, 2017, 04:18:37 PM
Which is interesting, in that there's a parallel argument that if welfare is abolished, charity groups (widely assumed to be religiously based) will step in to cover.

"Are there no workhouses?"
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on March 23, 2017, 04:18:37 PM
Which is interesting, in that there's a parallel argument that if welfare is abolished, charity groups (widely assumed to be religiously based) will step in to cover.

Well, we had this before the modern welfare state.

That we went ahead and developed the modern welfare state anyway suggests that it was insufficient.  Or cultural Marxists convinced us to do it, one or the other.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 30, 2017, 04:13:15 PM

Like so?

This is amazing. Quick, inspire me to write more things that are worth this kind of treatment.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I could really use some connective tissue between the Racism essay and everything else? It could tie in either to the larger theme of perception vs reality or The Revolution, or maybe off with the "don't be a dick" stuff?