News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Let me tell you something about your damn Zarathrustras and such!

Started by The Wizard Joseph, October 29, 2015, 04:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

I'm not going to waste 50 pages establishin my mental peen like your various famn Germans philosophers, no. I'm telling you that this whole assumption about whether or not god is real or whether The Soul is shite we made up along the way to becoming what we're currently being is a wast of A Good Time!
You DO wan teh be serious anout having A Good Time don't ya?  Didn't we build the whole civilization racket around ensuring A Good Time for ourselves and future generations eh? There's your damn moral axis!! Does this or does this not ensure that all shall have A Good Time? That's the only truly relevant question we should be asking as we sit here on out lawn chairs and suck down beverages laden with agreeable bacterial excretions while hurtling though the void.

See problem is there's a whole lot of folks out there that believes in the lie that they can have A Better Time if only they dispense with concerns to the costs to themselves,  othets, and the future! Who the hell ever said "OH, You can just go on and do that."? HUH? Fuckin' assholes is what. Assholes that swallow worse things than LIES, letme tell ya!!

A Good Time is Fuckin sir as hell nor guaranteed just by happening to drop onto the good Earth. If anything can be absolutely guaranteed herr o  our sweet world it's that things can always get shittier. So what!? The spinning atons and molecules in your goddam cells represent if aught else a signal that managed to overcome the void of time and space to bellyache about your damn  sense of purpose or God or whatever Ism you fret with.

You could be having A Good Time right now if you could just stop being so fussy about the things is all I'm saying!!

Goodnight, I'm going to be paying me heavy for A Good Time come
morning.
Hail Eris.
I guess.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Oh? Well if you put it like that ill see if I can squeeze a little more out of these fuzzy ald neurons for you! See the thing about the stupid fucin' idea of A Better Time is the damn hubria of assuming that yer own experience is superior in value to others'. Like somehow if you can manage to cram a few more orgasams or chuckles into your own cracked cup you get to be better off than the other suckers. You just forgot you're a fuckin sucker too asshole! Nobody gets a free ride, fee's always the same damn total. There is literally no way to EVER actually have A Better Time. It's shit. The shiniest shit that ever fell out of the sky and got 5aken for God's personal turd. The promised shiny shite!

That's all it is. And so could you please stop being an arse and stomping on other folks' one chance in a bazillion years at having A Good Time please? Or should I get a shovel and have a good time ensuring a good time for as many as I can, excluding all assholes in the room?? Your call really.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 31, 2016, 02:30:55 PM
Joe, what's your preferred copyright/kopyleft policy?

Well I'm very cool with sharing pretty much any given rant to page or stage freely. Much of my poetry also. Credit T.W. Joseph.

Actual stories and characters I generally reserve my rights, but I want to start expressing more and start integrating elements with pieces of story here. The Assault On Christmas has been heavy in my mind but much of the work gummed up when it came time to actually get out of exposition. Part of this was that I felt uncomfortable in portrayal of the scattered ultrablack remnants of a certain orbital bombardment service as it's few still active personnel scramble in the shadows when one of their weapons is hijacked, and didn't know where or even how to draw the lines. Add a bit of actual hellish holiday workplace fuckery and I just let the project slide, but I've kept chewing on it in my head for months now and minus a few rather large plot gaps have a pretty good batch of story materiel built up.

I REALLY NEED to get over my expression anxiety. I'm starting to think that worrying about my rights and about how others may receive what I do with their works needs to go. I'm just not sure how.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

That's amazing! Thank you very much for making it   :)

I'm going to have me A Good Time writing stories and figuring out life from the bottom up. Rereading my own words in that format somehow sparked the realization that I'm still hindering myself as surely as any fat-headed philosophy major by unduly over-concerning myself with the presumed consequences and costs of doing and expressing what I really want to. A piece at a time I'm going to change that.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Seems we've had a rash o little shites that think they've got things all locked down and can laugh off all of the effort to having for everyone A Good Time because they just up and decided that "There ain't no truth, no witha capital T onit!" like that  just e that's some kinda excuse for acting like an awful shit to folks and ruining I t for everyone you can! FUCK YOU I GOTTA BARSTOOL!! IT HATH YOYR NAME ONIT!!!

So you believe that your shit can hold up to some scrutiny do ya? That because some long winded fuckwit witha hard to spell name and obnoxious taste for intricate rationalism decided to drop a turd or two not worth the paper it's written on againits utility as toiletry you can smugly decry whatever you please in your dank little memepits or whatever? FINE! How about we take a look at the Stoics and see good old Freddy glossed over with a few trite little lines to get himself a nice little niche carved out in things? Let's unpack that a wee bit eh?

So you don't think that anything matters because there ain't nothing exactly True, so you can do whatever you will or whatever's clever or som shit? Guess yoy haven't reall been close enough to death then have ye? It's the Ultimate Barstool and everyone has a date with it coming upside their big, fat schnitzel stuffed melon soon enou eh? Can we at least agree on that or will you be needing a moe immediate demonstration?.. NO?? Ah... good then. Less mess for me to clean up.

See you sit there in your nice, privileged, spare time havin' existence and ponder how to justify having a thumb up yar arse perpetually. Wasn't none of that in the day boyo. Still ain't none of that for the VAST majority of the folks still trying hard as hellitsself to reasonably eke out A Good Time for themselves and those cared for folks as they may while you sit and ponder your highlymighty position on things and bemoan the death of the Truth or God or whatever keeps you feeling justified in sittinon ass and lappin up fucking bollocks Germanic tripe like it's a fine steak you cut from the very cow yerself!! Did you not wonder WHY the Greeks got the gloss in it? No!? I guess I'll be telling you then.

See the Stoics were nothing if not GREATFUL for every little bit of easement from suffering afforded to them. Everything that was good was built up by the folks previously dealing with worse things AND THEY KNEW IT! A Good Time wasn't the Truth. The truth was that nasty death was the lot you drew sooner or later. There wasn't never amy cause for alarm or despair init! You just had to get acquainted with the REAL WORLD some and it would all come crystal clear to ya.

The Real World is a horrible cunt waiting for you and everyone and everything you may cherish with a knife and a new your daily itinerary in hand. No way out of the deal. That's the damn Truth! The ability to have A Good Time is predicated on understanding this. All old Freddy ever did was convince a bunch of impressionable sods that it could be otherwise by permutating ad nauseaum until it seemed like the very Idea of 
The Truth could be put to question. But it can't. There ain't no Overman. That's just a sad echo of the same old Messiah image sans "God" or whatever you have like It. He scraped up a new-formed pile of the same old shite for you and called it a schnitzel worthy of consuming. Sorry to break your high minded delusion down like that, but it's still what it is. Ses and so having A Good Time is about working with the real shit that you have rather than the pretend shit that you justify yourself with.

FUCK my head id gonna hurt in the morning, but I'm GREATFUL for the chance to sleep it off without bugs in my ears and bullshit philosophy spamming up my neurons.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 05, 2017, 03:21:55 PM
:mittens:

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure my conscious mind can take credit though.

I remember writing this as an act before I passed out, but the actual content didn't make it to my brain other than a vague sense of "fuck you Schnitzelface".

Here in the painful light of the day aftermath... I'm pretty comfortable with that. Apparently drunk as fuck Joe has a bit of an axe to grind.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 05, 2017, 03:52:18 PM
Nice work for a drunken rant!

Thankee! Just as soon as I get myself rehydrated I'm going to be feeling better about the cost, but I liked it too. It's kinda weird to see something that I made without remembering the making exactly.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl