News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

ABSOLUTE CHAOS

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 11, 2017, 02:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

I dislike technology some days. :|
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 17, 2017, 12:49:47 AM
Test post because "message body left empty" warning when message body field was not in fact empty.

Happening to me too. Rather odd.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

[/quote]

Why would you want to?
[/quote]

Considering that I'd probably be under the care of Sherrif Joe shortly after I appear, "want" may not come into it.

Seriously, I doubt I could last 30 days in AZ without jail being on the cards given how I usually behave.

And what the fuck is this empty field shit? getting that too.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Seems to be something to do with the quote function?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 17, 2017, 01:10:07 AM

Yeah, but here I'm quoting you just fine
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 15, 2017, 02:56:20 AM
It turns out you can run the entire utility plant from a smartphone.

Which is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard of.  A triumph of technology over brains.

Testing Captain Pike

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

When I tried to reply to the message string that I originally experienced the problem with it happened again. Weird as fuck.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 17, 2017, 01:23:25 AM

But can I quote you quoting me?

eta - yes.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 17, 2017, 01:33:25 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 17, 2017, 01:23:25 AM

But can I quote you quoting me?

eta - yes.

Can I quote you noting that you quoted me quoting you... yes.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 17, 2017, 12:53:00 AM
Test post because "message body left empty" warning when message body field was not in fact empty.

Attempt to re-post original reply.

... failed.

Attempt to re-post original reply portion only.

Right without all those sweaty plebian activities like walking and opening access hatches, or taking readings and manually PUSHING BUTTONS. The advanced primate has no need for such base concerns.   

Point of order:  If there's only one guy present, he should in fact rely on automatics.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 17, 2017, 04:01:03 AM

... failed.

Right without all those sweaty plebian activities like walking and opening access hatches, or taking readings and manually PUSHING BUTTONS. The advanced primate has no need for such base concerns.   

Point of order:  If there's only one guy present, he should in fact rely on automatics.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by automatics. Really.  :?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Why would you want to?
[/quote]

Considering that I'd probably be under the care of Sherrif Joe shortly after I appear, "want" may not come into it.

Seriously, I doubt I could last 30 days in AZ without jail being on the cards given how I usually behave.

And what the fuck is this empty field shit? getting that too.
[/quote]

Sheriff Joe is gone.  He got chased out of town a month ago.

And in Tucson, English behavior only stands out a mild bit.  We're crawling in Brits, actually, they've even taken to the Mexican soccer leagues.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 17, 2017, 07:31:24 AM

... failed.

Pressure reaches X, valve Y opens.  If valve Y does not open, an alarm sounds and the operator engages valve Z, etc.

The Good Reverend Roger

Anyway, shitpocalypse delayed at the last minute because division vice president is here next week and she wants to see it.

I have nerd blueballs.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 18, 2017, 01:47:47 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 17, 2017, 07:31:24 AM

... failed.

Pressure reaches X, valve Y opens.  If valve Y does not open, an alarm sounds and the operator engages valve Z, etc.

Oh..  you mean the system. I had a brainfart.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl