News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

The #AltWoke Manifesto

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2017, 06:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Chewing on this today. This was introduced to me as:

"#altwoke is to eris as redpill is to kek."

http://tripleampersand.org/alt-woke-manifesto/

Cramulus

#AltWoke™: Left Hand Praxis
Lawful Neutral
Infrastructure building
Stacktivism
Political reformatting
Rationalism
Urbanism
Globalism

#AltWoke: Right Hand Praxis
Chaotic Good
Disruptive compliance
Troll farm astroturfing
Hacktivism
Nonlinear cyberwarfare
Post irony
Memes as agitprop internetism

Ten Commandments of #AltWoke
1. If you're still 'Woke,' you're actually asleep.
2. Post-shame is the child of post-facts. Be immune to criticism.
3. Build the Cathedral 2.0
4. Read Baudrillard while scrolling Kim K's feed. Repeat until you understand.
5. If you think intersectionality is a numbers game, then you're doing identity politics wrong.
6. #BlackPopMatters
7. Be the amoral Leftists the Right thinks you are.
8. Let a thousand detournements bloom, make them viral, infect the Swamp.
9. Xenophilia. Love the alien, difference, and experimentation.
10.Be vague. Frustrate the critics, entice the curious.

MithridatesXXIII

Wokeness is a millennialization of having escaped Plato's Cave. Claiming as such is probably the best evidence that you bought and paid for a personal matryoshka-style matrix.

LMNO

Sounds nice, but that still sounds like a way to avoid the meaning of #woke.

As in, it's hard enough to make people respect the Other; this appears to be away of avoiding that, and going an easier, less meaningful way.

The Wizard Joseph

Something about embracing "post-truth" as such sticks in my craw. So does comparing Manning and Snowden as just two peas in this particular pod.

As a strategy "against" the alt-right I'm unconvinced that ensconcing Eris as an opponent of Kuk is wise. As much as they'd like to believe themselves to be steadily taking over the obsolete and toothless 'ol GOP they're NOT really anywhere near as successful at that as they might wish folks to believe. Shit if anything they could use an enemy in the shadows to galvanize their soft ass "coalition" and spur activity through a competitor.

That said I do agree in large part with some of the "LHP" methodology here as a means to gain leverage, particularly hijacking multinational corporatism.

There's a LOT to be chewing on here before I say anything defintive, but my impression for now is just this and that perhaps seeking to destabilize the "middle" and castle up like the guys on the other side of the board that have painted themselves into an ideological corner are doing is not in fact the best strategy just now nor Eris a wise choice of figurehead.

Now Kukmeht, the Night... mayhap.  :evil:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 13, 2017, 07:28:44 PM
Something about embracing "post-truth" as such sticks in my craw. So does comparing Manning and Snowden as just two peas in this particular pod.

I know, right?

But the other thing is - whatever choppy waters we're sailing towards in the good ship "post-truth".... to some extent we're already there.

I mean, Clinton lost the election because of Eeeeeeeeeemails

Trump now operates his own private e-mail server and nobody gives a shit.

What the fuck is the point of using facts in these discussions? In 2017 you either say whatever sounds like it'll work, or you lose to that strategy.

The hope, maybe, is that there are some decent, logical moderates out here who can be swayed.
Or that misinformation is repellant to honest people.

I think that hypothesis was tested in November and found wanting.

QuoteAs a strategy "against" the alt-right I'm unconvinced that ensconcing Eris as an opponent of Kuk is wise. As much as they'd like to believe themselves to be steadily taking over the obsolete and toothless 'ol GOP they're NOT really anywhere near as successful at that as they might wish folks to believe. Shit if anything they could use an enemy in the shadows to galvanize their soft ass "coalition" and spur activity through a competitor.

The GOP and Democrats as they existed in 2016 must adapt to the new landscape or die.

Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, & Cicero are all very old and on their way out. Gotta make way for the homo superior.

The #altright and whatever we're talking about here are not the new hotness, but they might be the new order's awkward teenage form.

Cain

Put down the diluted Nick Land and back away from the keyboard.

LMNO

We might also want to point out that more than 70% old white men voted for Trump, and less than 30% of young people did.

Trump won because of racism, disenfranchisement, and the electoral college's disproportionate weighting among the states.

Among other things, of course.  If you want to bring about change, what you need is #wokeseptuagenarian.

The Wizard Joseph

How about the #Alt-alt? It can be SO meta that it's actually indistinguishable from total normalcy and healthy social perspective.  8)

I fully acknowledge that the old methods have changed and the new are just discovering themselves, but I don't think the "old" is quite yet in useless dotage nor the "new" anywhere nearly as advanced as it's trying so VERY hard to seem.

The power is and will remain with whoever can win the mob, the whole mob. A solid humanitarian platform and an earnest and unpretentious spiritual revolution could do it. Playing strategic mirror games with The Dorkness probably will not. I could be wrong.

Note that none of that means I wouldn't happily lend a hand in this if for no other reason than that I totally despise the NAZI and Christofacsist elements gaining from all this mess.

Quote from: Cain on April 13, 2017, 07:50:20 PM

What is this?? :?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on April 13, 2017, 07:58:49 PM
We might also want to point out that more than 70% old white men voted for Trump, and less than 30% of young people did.

Trump won because of racism, disenfranchisement, and the electoral college's disproportionate weighting among the states.

Among other things, of course.  If you want to bring about change, what you need is #wokeseptuagenarian.

:lulz: :lulz:

#peestainednazis

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 13, 2017, 07:58:56 PM

What is this?? :?

To quote my permament facebook relationship status, "it's complicated".

Essentially, Nick Land is a British philosopher who went on a massive amphetamines binge and recoiled from the vast and implacable nature of the Universe by becoming the prophet of far-right, accelerationist technofascism.  He essentially invented the "Dark Enlightenment", which of course influenced the alt-right.  For some bizarre reason, certain left-accelerationists seem to be trying to rehabilitate his ideas.

But its really best to read around him yourself.  I can't do justice to his crazy here.

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on April 13, 2017, 07:58:49 PM

I think it's shortsighted to dismiss the right wing youth movement, whatever you call it

Milo and his cohorts aren't just gonna take a punch and then shut up and fade away

Re: the weaponization of irony ---
the people who've been "troll farm astroturfing" r/TheDonald might be onto something - after all, that's how stormfront injected /pol/

00.dusk

This was precisely my initial response to reading it, but as I kept going I realized that despite that knee-jerk reaction I had, it wasn't all trash. Most importantly I didn't have an ongoing, guts-churning visceral feeling of disgust as I got over the initial "Oh it's this guy's filth" feeling, but other important differences exist as well. Take, for instance, the criticism after the half-way point of Land's NRx movement -- which is about as true as it gets for the size of it, and they aren't actively being hypocritical and advocating the same garbage Land's current band of loonies are cooing about either.

It's admittedly far from perfect, and quite possibly even a more problematic thing as presented than the current situation being left alone is. But I think there /is/ enough good in it for what amounts to (as TWJ noted) essentially a first draft of a "post-truth Left". I think that's something which is very important to have, as the left wing (at least in the USA) has been a toothless spineless punching bag for what seems like my entire life.

Cain

Quote from: 00.dusk on April 13, 2017, 08:11:12 PM

This was precisely my initial response to reading it, but as I kept going I realized that despite that knee-jerk reaction I had, it wasn't all trash. Most importantly I didn't have an ongoing, guts-churning visceral feeling of disgust as I got over the initial "Oh it's this guy's filth" feeling, but other important differences exist as well. Take, for instance, the criticism after the half-way point of Land's NRx movement -- which is about as true as it gets for the size of it, and they aren't actively being hypocritical and advocating the same garbage Land's current band of loonies are cooing about either.

It's admittedly far from perfect, and quite possibly even a more problematic thing as presented than the current situation being left alone is. But I think there /is/ enough good in it for what amounts to (as TWJ noted) essentially a first draft of a "post-truth Left". I think that's something which is very important to have, as the left wing (at least in the USA) has been a toothless spineless punching bag for what seems like my entire life.

There is some useful stuff in there...but it's a very mixed bag, and I would say there are several questionable assertions or axioms those proposals rest on.  Also, fucking Nick Land.

When I'm not at work, I may dig in deeper and come up with a more substansive critique.

Cramulus

I had this horrible facebook thread a few weeks ago

the topic was "Should transwomen be allowed to compete in women's MMA?"

-A transwoman was making the case that Yes, Trans women are real women and it's transphobic to say otherwise.
-Another guy chimed in to point out that HRT doesn't represent a total physical transformation, there are still things like bone structure...

and I think there are some things worth discussing there, but the discussion rapidly deteriorated into camp politics and name calling. It was like neither side really had the tools to change anybody's mind.

I couldn't help but feel like this exact thing is playing out a thousand times a day. And the organic tumblr-fed "It's not my job to educate you" meme has really hurt us. I'm not saying the left is responsible for the alt-right, not at all. But the way these discussions play out definitely feeds it.

I want to be clear that I'm not signing up as champion of this #altwoke thing, I'm still chewing on it.

But let's look at how points actually get scored in the year of our lady discord 2017.

Why did Milo's book get pulled? Was it because people beat him in a theater of ideas? Was it because crowds stopped showing up for him? Was it because intersectional politics actually beats regressive shitlord politics? Not in the slightest. We just smeared him.

And it worked.

Should we feel bad about that?