News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Banning Nazis from PD

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 14, 2017, 01:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Supreme Dingus on May 14, 2017, 11:49:15 PM
Quote from: Faust on May 14, 2017, 08:58:07 AM
Quote from: Supreme Dingus on May 14, 2017, 12:22:16 AM
Oh I'm just a White tribalist. I denounce violence and hatred.

You know...like a moderate Muslim.
White tribalism just means you have found a support group of other racists, its not an ethos, and becomes less relevant now that the biggest threat to your livelyhood is a fragile white simpleton in a bad toupee with too much power.

The moderate muslim comment is sad, it clings to the few terror attacks of the last few years, and pretends there arent 2 billion muslims in the world who are sickened by violence. If you are going to jump through hoops to find reasons to hate muslims, do it better.
Right? It's like I'm assuming normal Muslims are extremists.

Everyone engaged in White identity politics is a racist White supremacist though.
Just because you joke in a tone of snide condescension, it doesnt make it more true. For example lets be generous and say every muslim in the US UK, Syria, Afghanistan Iran are all extremist (they're not but its an example). That still leaves Malaysia and huge parts of India, which has a very different brand of Islam, they are incredibly gentle hospitable people.... who just so happen to make up a billion and a half of the previously mentioned muslims.

The world is a bigger place then you think.

And yes anyone engaged in white identity politics is a racist, or sheltered beyond the point of relevance
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

QuoteAnd yes anyone engaged in white identity politics is a racist, or sheltered beyond the point of relevance

It's depressingly easy to prove as well. Lets just look at some groups concerned with white identity crap:

The KKK.
National Front
EDL
BNP
Front Nationale
r/The_Idiot
UKIP
German versions of the above.
Dutch versions of the above.

etc. etc. Hordes of cretins, to a man. I can't name a single group that associates with this shit that isn't involved in racist stupidity. I assume it's a waste of time pointing out that the respective leaders of such movements are blatantly racist (And usually sexist for good measure) because this spag is either of a similar ilk or thinks its doing some very clever trolling. The sad reality is it just marks you as an irredeemable shitneck.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2017, 04:19:53 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 14, 2017, 10:26:51 AM
Why is it the ones I say hi to first always turn out to be racist dickheads? Studies must be done.

You are an uncouth Englishman with a crowbar.  They see that and think you're one of them.

You really have to find a way to make 'em sorry.

I do try. Suggestions for how to ramp it up welcome. All ideas I have at the moment would likely result in a stint in the clink.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 14, 2017, 01:30:39 AM

:retard:

On the plus side, for you, that sort of shit is tolerated here.  For reasons that escape me.
Is it tolerated here?
There's you, Cain and ECH(when around),  if you and Cain vote to ban him then what's to stop you, pretty much the exact same as the way RP was done.

Junkenstein

Suggestion:
Revise the signup rules page thing to include something like "If you're a nazi fuckwit, don't bother. It's boring and won't end well".

Saves any kind of discussion when the next brother nihil wanders in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 15, 2017, 02:06:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2017, 04:19:53 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 14, 2017, 10:26:51 AM
Why is it the ones I say hi to first always turn out to be racist dickheads? Studies must be done.

You are an uncouth Englishman with a crowbar.  They see that and think you're one of them.

You really have to find a way to make 'em sorry.

I do try. Suggestions for how to ramp it up welcome. All ideas I have at the moment would likely result in a stint in the clink.

Take them around to the pub.

Not that pub.  The other pub.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on May 15, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 14, 2017, 01:30:39 AM

:retard:

On the plus side, for you, that sort of shit is tolerated here.  For reasons that escape me.
Is it tolerated here?
There's you, Cain and ECH(when around),  if you and Cain vote to ban him then what's to stop you, pretty much the exact same as the way RP was done.

Both Nazis were actually banned for spamming, not for being odious pieces of human-shaped shit.  I recall the first incident well.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

What I am saying is, because its just you and Cain for the most part setting policy, ECH when he is here, instead of saying "the board tolerates x" why not just do something about it?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on May 16, 2017, 08:51:52 AM
What I am saying is, because its just you and Cain for the most part setting policy, ECH when he is here, instead of saying "the board tolerates x" why not just do something about it?

Well, I did, on Pope Ludicrous.  It didn't end well, as I recall.  In fact, it went SO badly that my wife commented, "One of them will call you a Nazi within 6 months, just to piss you off."

She was wrong, of course.  It only took 5 months.   :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 17, 2017, 01:00:36 AM
Quote from: Faust on May 16, 2017, 08:51:52 AM

Well, I did, on Pope Ludicrous.  It didn't end well, as I recall.  In fact, it went SO badly that my wife commented, "One of them will call you a Nazi within 6 months, just to piss you off."

She was wrong, of course.  It only took 5 months.   :lulz:

The Manson comparison from some of your off-board "fans" linked to Uncle BadTouch was pretty epic. I just had an image of you in my head of you lopsided GRIN'n with the "Dobbshead" carved into your brow...

Hey, would you consider being this era's antichrist? I believe that you could take the position and mythology into fresh, new places. I can get you all the proper form work and then everyone gets to shit in Nihil's cereal directly. Waddayasay!? :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 15, 2017, 04:03:01 PM
Suggestion:
Revise the signup rules page thing to include something like "If you're a nazi fuckwit, don't bother. It's boring and won't end well".

Saves any kind of discussion when the next brother nihil wanders in.

I once suggested making being a racist fuck a bannable offense, as in adding it to the rules, but he doesn't want to change the rules, he wants to spend year after year repeatedly whining about it not being a bannable offense and implying that it's somehow everyone else's fault, as if it isn't basically just him and Cain in charge at this point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

I assume you're referring to Roger?

I wouldn't say he's constantly whining, as this shit tends to only occur to a severe degree every 3-6 months or so. And to be fair he's stated his stance that's not changed every time and it's usually one I agree with. I see no reason to give the kinds of people we're talking about a platform, but most (rp-esque) don't even last a week anyway. I'm a judgemental little fucker so would probably be even harsher than what may be fair. I'm also sick of the terrible luck I get when I say hello to new meat, so that factors in to this too.

Or, Roger, as this is about you and, you know, kind of shitty to talk around you, if you can, just change the thing? I'd support this being banable. Faust does not seem averse. I forget if there's a fifth (maybe lmno?) Or whoever has kicked in the most cash to server shit. I for one am not averse to seeing less of these fuckers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 17, 2017, 05:45:48 PM
I assume you're referring to Roger?

I wouldn't say he's constantly whining, as this shit tends to only occur to a severe degree every 3-6 months or so. And to be fair he's stated his stance that's not changed every time and it's usually one I agree with. I see no reason to give the kinds of people we're talking about a platform, but most (rp-esque) don't even last a week anyway. I'm a judgemental little fucker so would probably be even harsher than what may be fair. I'm also sick of the terrible luck I get when I say hello to new meat, so that factors in to this too.

Or, Roger, as this is about you and, you know, kind of shitty to talk around you, if you can, just change the thing? I'd support this being banable. Faust does not seem averse. I forget if there's a fifth (maybe lmno?) Or whoever has kicked in the most cash to server shit. I for one am not averse to seeing less of these fuckers.

I didn't say constantly, I fucking said repeatedly. As in every 3-6 months for years on fucking end. And I suggested making being a racist turd, or at least posting racist turd sentiment, bannable years ago. I suggested it because integrity is important to me, so banning people for actual rules they knew about in advance and violated anyway would be a way of maintaining integrity while ALSO getting to ban racist turds. I also disagreed with it in principle, as IMO it was, at the time, counter to the general ethic of the forum to have a list of rules that basically came down to "agree with us or we ban you". I disagree with the general tactic of finding excuses to ban people we don't like. I think that every time there's a troll, instead of trolling them back until they have a wobbler and ragequit, someone "confirms" that they're from the same city, state, rainshadow, or geographical region as Poptard and they're banned. But times have changed, the board is not what it was, and if the modmins want to make being a neonazi a bannable offense, they fucking should have that conversation in PM and do it already, or don't. Without the recurring cycle of passive-aggressive whining.

I don't talk to Roger, and I rarely talk about him because he's rarely relevant to me. But this topic affects the whole board, so there's my two cents.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Crying out to ban a Nazi and then being called a Nazi is pretty standard for admin staff, it's a thankless, awful, time consuming job.

You try to decide the rules which are entirely subjective and apply them fairly and a hold over from the dark days that people wanted differently was an emphasis of free speech. It has its positives and its negatives.

At least we have only had a handful of people try to dox us over the years, reading about the something awful guys experiences is pretty depressing:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/fuck-you-and-die-an-oral-history-of-something-awful

If the problem is the decision needs to be made by a larger pool of people again maybe that's what's needed, we're fairly active again, certainly a lot more then last year which is nice (thanks Trump, for making Discordianism great again, one by one all the disagreeing, bickering popes are climbing back in to the clown car).

I'm sorry I can't give more energy to the site, I prioritise the other aspects so I removed myself from the forum decision making process, the only rule I enforce is "If your photons representing information result in me getting legal threats, I reserve the right not to process those photons in the server"

Faust

But yeah, I thought I had to say something because "we tolerate racists"  isn't something I agree with in any form so I did not like the thought of being considered part of that "We", though banning them isn't the only option to show you don't tolerate it.