News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

The Problem with You People

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, June 17, 2017, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

There is a problem with You People, it's plain to see. You're nothing like us. You're taking up too much of the space we want to be taking up. You're really making a mess over there in your area, which is terrible by the way. You're the wrong color, you love the wrong people and you kill the wrong people, you speak the wrong language, you worship the wrong gods, eat all the wrong foods, drink the wrong wine, and smoke the wrong kind of grass. You read the wrong books and you write — oh, the books you write aren't just wrong, they're abominations. There is, I'm sorry to say, a problem with you people. And really, we have no choice but to do something about it.

Look at you. You're savages. Look at the way you dress, or don't dress, or overdress. It's embarrassing. We are embarrassed for you. On your behalf, because there's a problem with you, and you're not able to be embarrassed for yourselves. Too busy being embarrassed for us, maybe? No matter. Take that off. Put this on. Who wears animal skins that way? It's stupid, it's out of style. It's offensive. Think of the children, won't you? You're insufferable, you're wrong, and there's a problem with you people, and we're going to have to clean up your mess.

Good people don't look like you. They look like us. They speak, act, think, believe, walk, and live like us. Not like you. No one who looks or talks or lives like you will ever be taken seriously by one of us, and that's what counts. Believe me, that's what counts, because if people like us don't like you, then where will you be?

I know that I, for one, would never want to be on the outs with us.

Because that's where you are.

And there's a problem with you.

People.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

:mittens:

This seems to be an Arizona night.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

00.dusk

It occurs to me that when I start hearing this spiel (in its many variations), I get a raging, furious need to become /even more wrong/.

If what I do is Wrong, then nothing Right is worth saving.

Excellent post vex.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 17, 2017, 11:21:36 AM
:mittens:

This seems to be an Arizona night.   :lulz:

An Arizona night it is. Maybe it's the heat.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: 00.dusk on June 17, 2017, 11:41:40 AM
It occurs to me that when I start hearing this spiel (in its many variations), I get a raging, furious need to become /even more wrong/.

If what I do is Wrong, then nothing Right is worth saving.

Excellent post vex.

Thanks. It's probably still a rough draft. Trying to hit a particular nail on the head, this is close but not quite it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."