News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

ITT, We shit all over the future for SOCIAL JUSTICE!

Started by Chelagoras The Boulder, June 22, 2017, 04:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Apparently, rather than trying to get people to be decent to each other and stop fucking their own habitat up, social justice advocates actually hate all humanity and have no hope for the future whatsoever, is what I'm getting out of this.

That, and also the big glaring question of why an abusive, manipulative pathological liar known primarily for his remarkable ability to carry a grudge over shit he imagined has mod powers on this forum, which at one point in time was great due to its focus on critical thinking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 24, 2017, 07:59:46 PM
I think I'm going to assume that the thread title chosen reflects the new tenor of the forum.

Have fun with that!

If I made it to reflect the new tenor of the forum, it would say "Nigel has rotten shit to drop on everyone who fails to agree with the worst parts of tumblr, in some strange primate dominance frenzy.  No hats, pls.  Now, here's why none of you are as valuable as a vent worm."

Or better yet, "ITT, You agree with Nigel until you can't 100% agree, then you're the lowest common denominator, worst friend ever, libertarian1, etc."

OR SHIT, how about "The Virtue Signalling Olympic Tryouts!  Go for the Fraudulent Gold!"

1 You will politely ignore it when she links to Reason magazine.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 24, 2017, 08:03:53 PM
Apparently, rather than trying to get people to be decent to each other and stop fucking their own habitat up, social justice advocates actually hate all humanity and have no hope for the future whatsoever, is what I'm getting out of this.

Yes.

QuoteThat, and also the big glaring question of why an abusive, manipulative pathological liar known primarily for his remarkable ability to carry a grudge over shit he imagined has mod powers on this forum, which at one point in time was great due to its focus on critical thinking.

As opposed to a manipulative, drunken asshole who starts a "gaslighting" thread less than a day after gaslighting someone by claiming her horrible fucking behavior was all in his head?

:lulz:

Like that?

You're a piece of work, scumbag.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

"All in his head?"   :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Let's just examine that, shall we?

"IF YOU ARE VOTING FOR SANDERS, YOU ARE A RACIST AND WORSE THAN A LIBERTARIAN."

"CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE?  HUR HUR"
\
:redneck2:  <--- literally every abusive shitstain ever.

"YOU'RE THE WORST FRIEND EVER."  (1.5 pages of this.)

Over in the bar thread at the time

"I think Roger's issues are in his head."

in Apple Talk

"Here's how bad people gaslight."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

And let's not forget "giving out dangerously inaccurate information so that Roger will be wrong, even if it means saying out loud, with your bare face hanging out, that osmosis and irrigation are not a thing."

Yes.  So tell me how *I'm* a pathological liar that holds a grudge.  Please.  I am a captive fucking audience.

Freeky

That, and also the big glaring question of why an abusive, manipulative pathological liar known primarily for his remarkable ability to carry a grudge over shit he imagined has mod powers on this forum, which at one point in time was great due to its focus on critical thinking.

I have feels about this and I'm not sure whether being snarky or explaining them in a truthful, honest way would be better.

I like it here and don't want to be run off, like everyone else who's been on the shit end of Roger's behavior and called him out publicly has been done, except for Nigel.

All I know is that I am furious with keeping my mouth shut.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on June 24, 2017, 09:45:36 PM

I have feels about this and I'm not sure whether being snarky or explaining them in a truthful, honest way would be better.

I like it here and don't want to be run off, like everyone else who's been on the shit end of Roger's behavior and called him out publicly has been done, except for Nigel.

All I know is that I am furious with keeping my mouth shut.

And nobody gives a fuck.  Remember Hat's Game Store?  Remember every other thing you destroyed with your whimpery bullshit and misery aura? 

Neither do I.   Neither does anyone, because it's gone.  Fuck off.  :lulz:

Freeky

Don't bother PMing me roger, I'm not going to read it, or anything you care to say.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on June 25, 2017, 12:41:13 AM
Don't bother PMing me roger, I'm not going to read it, or anything you care to say.

Oh, dear.  :cry:

:lulz:

Roger,
Fears he has lost the pajama-clad hobo vote.

The Good Reverend Roger

But to save you some time, it was just more mockery, really.

The Good Reverend Roger

I guess I have learned to fear Freeky finally speaking up.   :lulz:

Fucking pathetic.

Chelagoras The Boulder

I think I'm going to assume that the thread title chosen reflects the new tenor of the forum.

Have fun with that!
says the conductor of the new tenor. You cry foul at the discourse around here going right down the shitter when you seem to have made it your mission to make just about every thread you post in a a little meaner and nastier. I left because you yourself were making every discussion suck to be in,and now you're the one complaining that meanness and nastiness have become normalized. You bemoan the supposed drop in critical thinking around here, when you were the one attacking anyone who brought up a different idea than yours with sarcasm and snark, because rational discussion and debate with us barbarians was somehow now beneath your dignity, and insults were the only thing our puny minds would comprehend apparently. ANd the worst part is you're so insulated from the fact that you may have crossed a line, that the only reason no one's brought this up before now is that you so stubbornly refuse to even contemplate that you could be an asshole IN ANY context, and occupy any position other than that of supreme moral authority and knowledge, that its easier to just scroll on past your attempts to bait whoever happens to have irked you today rather than deal with your constant shitflinging. You sowed these seeds, enjoy your harvest.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 25, 2017, 02:01:59 AM

Have fun with that!
says the conductor of the new tenor. You cry foul at the discourse around here going right down the shitter when you seem to have made it your mission to make just about every thread you post in a a little meaner and nastier. I left because you yourself were making every discussion suck to be in,and now you're the one complaining that meanness and nastiness have become normalized. You bemoan the supposed drop in critical thinking around here, when you were the one attacking anyone who brought up a different idea than yours with sarcasm and snark, because rational discussion and debate with us barbarians was somehow now beneath your dignity, and insults were the only thing our puny minds would comprehend apparently. ANd the worst part is you're so insulated from the fact that you may have crossed a line, that the only reason no one's brought this up before now is that you so stubbornly refuse to even contemplate that you could be an asshole IN ANY context, and occupy any position other than that of supreme moral authority and knowledge, that its easier to just scroll on past your attempts to bait whoever happens to have irked you today rather than deal with your constant shitflinging. You sowed these seeds, enjoy your harvest.

The thing is, if she starts a thread about social justice, it's so she can kick people.  Go look.  Each and every one is the same, and they are not about education or debate.  They are about waiting for a sucker to whup on.  And you can just about set your fucking watch to them (which is what makes her earlier comment about shit happening every 6 months gratuitously hypocritical.

It's worth mentioning that kicking actual MRAs/Richard Spencer types is too much of a bother, so why not kick people who might feel that it's inappropriate to kick back.  The first 20-30 times, anyway.

Once you realize, though, that she has no remaining moral authority, it just becomes offensively funny instead of offensive and hurtful.

Chelagoras The Boulder

What I find funniest, is its not like this place is especially crawling with rightwing nut jobs and Trumpets, and we're all ostensibly Discordian here, so she's going around demanding we all agree with her despite this being a place where the only thing we have in common is not having to agree with one another.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 25, 2017, 03:28:15 AM
What I find funniest, is its not like this place is especially crawling with rightwing nut jobs and Trumpets, and we're all ostensibly Discordian here, so she's going around demanding we all agree with her despite this being a place where the only thing we have in common is not having to agree with one another.

You were around for the Mysticwick days, right?

Chelagoras The Boulder

I think I might have missed those. I remember having to ask just what it is those were about.