News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Discordians Anonymous

Started by Cainad (dec.), October 01, 2009, 03:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Quote from: Captain Utopia on February 08, 2011, 02:25:50 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on November 27, 2010, 05:51:41 PM
More later if anyone gives  a rats arse, on "How I learned to ride roughshod over the forces of Law 'n' Order,  subsume bucketfuls of LSD and eventually learned to love Lady Eris, and embrace her lulzy Discord"

:lulz:  :fuckmittens:

Did you ever write that followup?  I recall trolling my teachers, before I knew that it had a name, but I didn't take it to the heights of awesome that you did.
I didn't, no. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about this post. So thanks for the bump. Reading it again, I can see how it really needs a next installment. So it's moved right up on my "Shit to to do" list. Right after the entry titled "Make appointment with Chemical Ally" and just before "Guess I got my Swagga back". Probably not today, maybe not even tomorrow. But one day soon, certainly.   :lulz: 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 01, 2009, 03:20:59 AM
My name is Cainad... and I'm a Discordian.

I don't really know how I got wrapped up in all of this. There was a time when I was just another bored kid, a bored Army brat to be precise, who would read anything for an intellectual kick. Fiction, occult literature, pseudo-occult literature that's dumbed down for typical teenagers and other soft-headed types, and eventually the nigh infinite supply of jokes and weird crap known as the Internet.

When all your friends are "new friends" and you know they'll be gone in a few years at most, you start to get desperate, you know? Without the craziness of hanging out with buddies to satisfy your need for novelty and excitement, you look to other sources... and I found them. Internet humor sites, mainly, but somewhere deep in the underbelly of the Weird, I found something different. Something called Discordianism.

"A joke disguised as a religion, or a religion disguised as a joke" was the soundbite description I got. "Perfect!" I thought. I'm not religious, and the guys who wrote this silly holy book, the Principia Discordia, seem to have a sense of humor that parallels mine, so why not mess around by pretending to be a Discordian?

Here's the thing, though: pretending to be a Discordian and actually being a Discordian are not all that different. Some would probably tell you that there's no difference there at all. That's how it draws you in, see. First you think that you're just part of a ridiculous joke, and then you get so into the joke it seems real, but then it's a joke again, and then Reality is the joke and you forget where the hell you were going with this nonsense in the first place.

Once I found that there were active Discordian communities online, I started hanging out with them. Swapped a few jokes and ideas, listened more than I spoke (or rather, read more than I wrote), and the rest, as they say, is the future.

This is amazing and I'd like to steal it if possible.

Cainad (dec.)

Sure, just change the name to Jake.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 05, 2016, 03:44:24 PM
Sure, just change the name to Jake.

Hey I'm gonna be posting this to the website. Do you want it under Cainad for authorship and the link here for the first published?