News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

ITT: Confess your WOO!

Started by Chelagoras The Boulder, June 26, 2017, 05:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

Quote from: Faust on June 30, 2017, 06:59:50 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 30, 2017, 06:58:43 PM
Quote from: rong on June 30, 2017, 05:47:18 PM
I find it ironic that the simulation hypothesis implies a creator and is, therefore, not compatible with atheism

I suppose they get past that by not defining the programmer as a god, which, really is just moving the goal posts. The end result is the same. Some entity outside our universe created this one.

Simulation does not imply a creator, we could be a biproduct of another system.

I think I follow what you mean, but I think our difference of opinion lies in the meaning of simulation - if its not on purpose, is it still a simulation?  I would say no
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Brother Mythos

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 30, 2017, 08:06:15 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 30, 2017, 08:04:22 PM
So, all of this begs the question: If The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension was so bad in our limited dimensions, how bad could it have possibly been in the 8th Dimension?

You shut your whore mouth about Buckaroo Banzai!  :rogpipe:

Stop blowing it out of your ass, and answer the question. Inquiring minds want to know.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 30, 2017, 08:10:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 30, 2017, 08:06:15 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 30, 2017, 08:04:22 PM
So, all of this begs the question: If The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension was so bad in our limited dimensions, how bad could it have possibly been in the 8th Dimension?

You shut your whore mouth about Buckaroo Banzai!  :rogpipe:

Stop blowing it out of your ass, and answer the question. Inquiring minds want to know.

Buckaroo Banzai couldn't possibly have been any better in ANY dimension, you mongoloid freak!  How the writers didn't get the Nobel Prize for literature is fucking beyond me.  Clear bias on the part of the Belgians who run that Goddamn back-patting society.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Buckaroo Banzai is probably the only character I've liked so immediately that the knowledge he wasn't real made me a little disappointed. I was like, dammit, I want to be that fictitious person's friend like practically everyone in this movie.

Also one of the characters reminded me of ECH
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

I like to think that Peter  Wellers characters are all in the same continuity, that robocop led to naked lunch, which led to Buckaroo Banzia
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Faust on June 30, 2017, 11:29:00 PM
I like to think that Peter  Wellers characters are all in the same continuity, that robocop led to naked lunch, which led to Buckaroo Banzia

I now have an in order movie list

Nephew Twiddleton

He was also an anti extraterrestrial terrorist in Star Trek Enterprise

Brother Mythos

I like Peter Weller, but I can not find it in my heart to ever forgive him for that excruciatingly long 'piano playing in the lounge' scene. And, I still had patience back in those days.

I really thought you guys were a lot cooler than this, I really did. Words can not express my disappointment in all of you.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 01, 2017, 09:25:22 AM
I like Peter Weller, but I can not find it in my heart to ever forgive him for that excruciatingly long 'piano playing in the lounge' scene. And, I still had patience back in those days.

I really thought you guys were a lot cooler than this, I really did. Words can not express my disappointment in all of you.

We're like a factory of disappointment and regret.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Discordia isn't about cool, son.
The sooner you learn that the happier you'll be.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 01, 2017, 02:18:00 PM
Discordia isn't about cool, son.
The sooner you learn that the happier you'll be.

:lulz: Scandalous lies! I've learned that and have not seen any happiness uptick.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I'm not a Discordian and never have been. I'm just interested in The Goddess Eris and her doings and happened upon an agreeable Discordian Society here. I'm not an Atheist, bit I definitely don't qualify as Christian by most modern definitions as I don't think Jesus was God even if he was the Messiah... a big if that. I try to put God and the stories we tell ourselves here on this world into proper context regarding the now obvious age and immensity of the cosmos. This wipes out a LOT of the bullshit common in the popular faiths and serves up a whole new plate of bullshit, but more of it and fresher. Yay.

Things I still believe in or have recently come to believe:

Possession is a thing, but not much like the movies. It's subtle and has much more to do with ideas than "demons". I like the Greek idea of "eudaemons" and "cacadaemons", good and bad thoughts respectively. I suspect STRONGLY that memes reach a sort of critical mass and can acquire a sort of independent reality and even consciousness, though still dependent upon people for sustenance so to speak. I'm not the only one that shares this concept ITT, but I'd propose to call them "Animemes" from animus (or spirit) and meme. Note this means that our "gods" are actually our own children or mental offspring and as such we make a horrible mistake in putting them in charge of our lives.

I'm pretty sure time travel is not only possible but has been utilized in a fashion that has had truly disturbing consequences. I don't buy most of the speculation about what caused the "Mandela" effects, but they're real as it gets. Folks remember things differently. Shit, just this Christmas I got a card with Star Wars characters on it and C-3po had two golden legs instead of the silver one. Someone drew that image from memory. In addition I can vouch personally that somehow the text of the King James Bible, standard of fundies everywhere, is not as it was. Not going to be exhaustive, but the changes are quite significant.

I believe in Chi, Qi, Orgone, or whatever you like to call it. I believe it to be the same substance upon which Animemes feed and grow. It is shaped by the mind and produced by the body in breathing and similar metabolic processes. If you're unfamiliar with Kirlian photography look it up.

I suspect that humanity is an engineered species and a hodge-podge one at that. The 23rd chromosome is rather an odd duck, but what really makes me think this is how different we are in scope of capability from every other critter here. I don't buy into Sitchin's tale of alien sky lords from "Nibiru", but I'm not discounting the possibility entirely either.

I'm certain that ancient technologically advanced human civilization existed on this planet before and that a great cataclysm buried most of it. I'm pretty sure that the theory about Apollo 18-20 has at least some basis in fact and that they found things on the moon that could not be explained easily and would undo history as we know it.

That's all for now. Take with a grain of salt the size of Bootes Void.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

tyrannosaurus vex

Wait what silver leg? C3PO has 2 golden legs, there's no silver leg.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 01, 2017, 06:50:48 PM
Wait what silver leg? C3PO has 2 golden legs, there's no silver leg.

your mind is about to be blown

Nephew Twiddleton