News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

ITT we summon RWHN

Started by Ben Shapiro, June 26, 2017, 05:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Here's a good way to summon RWHN

https://www.revealnews.org/article/they-thought-they-were-going-to-rehab-they-ended-up-in-chicken-plants/

QuoteMcGahey had heard of Christian Alcoholics & Addicts in Recovery. People called it "the Chicken Farm," a rural retreat where defendants stayed for a year, got addiction treatment and learned to live more productive lives. Most were sent there by courts from across Oklahoma and neighboring states, part of the nationwide push to keep nonviolent offenders out of prison.

Aside from daily cans of Dr Pepper, McGahey wasn't addicted to anything. The judge knew that. But the Chicken Farm sounded better than prison.

A few weeks later, McGahey stood in front of a speeding conveyor belt inside a frigid poultry plant, pulling guts and stray feathers from slaughtered chickens destined for major fast food restaurants and grocery stores.

There wasn't much substance abuse treatment at CAAIR. It was mostly factory work for one of America's top poultry companies. If McGahey got hurt or worked too slowly, his bosses threatened him with prison.

And he worked for free. CAAIR pocketed the pay.

"It was a slave camp," McGahey said. "I can't believe the court sent me there."

Soon, it would get worse.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2017, 10:48:40 AM

https://www.revealnews.org/article/they-thought-they-were-going-to-rehab-they-ended-up-in-chicken-plants/

QuoteMcGahey had heard of Christian Alcoholics & Addicts in Recovery. People called it "the Chicken Farm," a rural retreat where defendants stayed for a year, got addiction treatment and learned to live more productive lives. Most were sent there by courts from across Oklahoma and neighboring states, part of the nationwide push to keep nonviolent offenders out of prison.

Aside from daily cans of Dr Pepper, McGahey wasn't addicted to anything. The judge knew that. But the Chicken Farm sounded better than prison.

A few weeks later, McGahey stood in front of a speeding conveyor belt inside a frigid poultry plant, pulling guts and stray feathers from slaughtered chickens destined for major fast food restaurants and grocery stores.

There wasn't much substance abuse treatment at CAAIR. It was mostly factory work for one of America's top poultry companies. If McGahey got hurt or worked too slowly, his bosses threatened him with prison.

Sure, it sounds bad. But the Constitution clearly condones slavery, as long as the slave has been convicted of a crime first. They don't even technically need to be guilty. Just convicted.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Except, as the article notes:

QuoteLegal experts said forcing defendants to work for free might violate their constitutional rights. The 13th Amendment bans slavery and involuntary servitude in the United States, except as punishment for convicts. That's why prison labor programs are legal. But many defendants sent to programs such as CAAIR have not yet been convicted of crimes, and some later have their cases dismissed.

Anyway, I mostly bring it up because RWHN always said he preferred addiction treatment to prison, when it sounds like the two aren't very different at all.

tyrannosaurus vex

If they weren't guilty, they wouldn't be accused. As for RWHN, he was the wisest person to ever visit PD and his abandonment of this community is a severe loss to us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on October 07, 2017, 03:48:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2017, 10:48:40 AM

Sure, it sounds bad. But the Constitution clearly condones slavery, as long as the slave has been convicted of a crime first. They don't even technically need to be guilty. Just convicted.

In most cases, the person has not been found guilty.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2017, 07:21:29 PM

QuoteLegal experts said forcing defendants to work for free might violate their constitutional rights. The 13th Amendment bans slavery and involuntary servitude in the United States, except as punishment for convicts. That's why prison labor programs are legal. But many defendants sent to programs such as CAAIR have not yet been convicted of crimes, and some later have their cases dismissed.

Anyway, I mostly bring it up because RWHN always said he preferred addiction treatment to prison, when it sounds like the two aren't very different at all.

They are different.  If your hand gets crushed in prison, you see a doctor.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I did think that, but I also thought the US may be having the same problem as the UK, where the prison service is so understaffed and overcrowded you could probably present with signs of ebola and not see a doctor for over 6 weeks.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 08, 2017, 07:20:14 PM
I did think that, but I also thought the US may be having the same problem as the UK, where the prison service is so understaffed and overcrowded you could probably present with signs of ebola and not see a doctor for over 6 weeks.

So you should move to Arizona, because it would be an improvement.

TGRR,
Will never bitch about Bastard City again.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 12, 2017, 03:53:36 AM

TGRR,

And then he actually died.  :fnord:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 12, 2017, 06:09:42 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 12, 2017, 03:53:36 AM

TGRR,

And then he actually died.  :fnord:

Fuck yes he did.
Molon Lube

Mr. Gone

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2017, 07:21:29 PM

Well it certainly doesn't sound like Club Med.