News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Look both ways before you cross

Started by Fallenkezef, June 27, 2017, 03:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on June 27, 2017, 07:31:51 PM
Expect an invoice in the next 60 business days.

You accept Bitcoin, right?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fallenkezef on June 27, 2017, 03:23:33 PM
I have a confession to make, I need to come out of the closet. I am a right wing Discordian.

I stopped right here.  I believe you.  I just don't like you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am putting "1 day" into the pool before we hear Norse Boi talk about the strength of homogeneous cultures.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 27, 2017, 11:08:45 PM
I am putting "1 day" into the pool before we hear Norse Boi talk about the strength of homogeneous cultures.
You're being extra generous today, everything ok?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 27, 2017, 11:16:12 PM

I am full of holiday cheer.

By which I mean "half the fucking state will die in DUI wrecks on Tuesday."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 27, 2017, 11:20:44 PM

I look forward to it. Anything that might thin out the traffic in Phoenix, even a little, is a good thing.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 27, 2017, 11:47:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 27, 2017, 11:20:44 PM

I look forward to it. Anything that might thin out the traffic in Phoenix, even a little, is a good thing.

Sorry, the cops are too busy murdering brown people to clear the wrecks, and you starve to death on Camelback Road.

Fallenkezef

This is summat that REALLY fucking annoys me. Racists, neo nazis and an assorted collection of extreme scum hijacked norse stmboligy and turned it into something it's not.

There is nothing about racial "purity" in either edda. All that aryan bullshit is the product of 30's pseudo-science to justify a political ideaology.

Norse paganism is about many different ideas, it's a poly-theistic faith that is no better or worse than any other religion. I follow it because thd old sagas and tales resonate for me. It is so tiresome to bd judged because of some skinhead fuckers who wouldn't know what Gungnir was if you bloody hit them with it.
Engage the enemy more closely

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fallenkezef on June 28, 2017, 12:15:28 AM
it's a poly-theistic faith that is no better or worse than any other religion.

Balls.

:bob:

Junkenstein

Well when you adopt a religion that white power groups are big on, what do you expect exactly? It's not a recent thing.

So  Varg, what myths "resonate" then? Ragnarok? Hanging from trees? The merry antics of Thor? Marvel films? Do tell.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 28, 2017, 12:21:08 AM
Well when you adopt a religion that white power groups are big on, what do you expect exactly? It's not a recent thing.

So  Varg, what myths "resonate" then? Ragnarok? Hanging from trees? The merry antics of Thor? Marvel films? Do tell.

Yeah, the thralls hanging from trees is so damn uplifting.

It's like the Norse version of Selma, Alabama.

Fallenkezef

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 27, 2017, 07:14:12 PM
Quote from: Fallenkezef on June 27, 2017, 06:53:25 PM
Ok, right wing. I am firmly against the "welfare state" concept taken to the extreme of the British labour party. I do believe the state has an obligation to the people but it works both ways.
A system in which the able bodied are fit to work but supported by the state is abhorrent to me. I believe in national service, note I do not mean military, the able bodied should serve the state in return for support from the state.

Of course the elderly and the disabled should be supported.

I belueve in more right wing, militant geo-politics but not the reckless "democracy or bust" crap that caused all this mess in the middle east.

Kinda hard to just list right wing beliefs to be honest, could be here all day making a list without context to said belief.

That kind of "national service" is ridiculous. It amounts to useless busywork meted out to the unfortunate just because productivity is somehow morally equated with the right to survive. The reason I say this isn't because we should "reward" laziness but because at our current level of technological achievement, increasing automation has caused general productivity to skyrocket while causing the ability of the average worker to contribute to it to plummet. The result is that we have masses of people who cannot really do anything of economic value because we have automated systems and machines doing a lot of the work. Requiring them to basically dig holes and fill them back up again just to prove they deserve a loaf of bread and a shitty apartment is a waste of resources.

Capitalist economies require growth in order to survive. Traditionally that growth has come from opening new markets, but soon there will be few "new" markets to open. If capitalism expects to survive, it will have to expand existing markets which means increasing the purchasing power of people inside already-capitalist zones even if those people cannot be productive enough to "warrant" that increased purchasing power. Otherwise, what we'll have is a ton of resources being created by increasingly automated systems, but no one who can afford to buy them, causing demand for everything from bread to yachts to first spike uncontrollably and then crash irretrievably.

The answer is obvious, but is anathema to traditionalists who have always (nominally) equated purchasing power with productivity somehow, despite the fact that that has never been the case (the most wealthy people have always been the least productive). Universal basic income which meets the fundamental survival needs of everyone without requiring anything "in return" leads to a workforce that is more healthy, more productive thanks to the availability of ongoing education, and able to purchase goods and services which would otherwise be out of their reach. Additionally, in the near future, failure to provide this baseline standard of living will put a society at a serious disadvantage in a global economy where other nations are doing it. Their people will not have the tools they need to compete with others, and the society will fail.

It's also worth noting that your "right wing" position would put you substantially to the left of just about every single Republican in America. Which is sort of off-putting for me.

In terms of your geopolitical stance, I actually agree that our nationbuilding in the Middle East has been a horrific disaster, but mostly that's because that region was designed intentionally to be unstable except under totalitarian rule by the British Empire a century ago, and it has been exploited, attacked, defamed, and insulted non-stop for that entire period. Ethnic and religious groups have been intentionally divided and provoked to violence specifically in order to prevent them from coalescing into a coherent empire (which they have been very good at for thousands of years). Democracy aside, it was the West that created the mess we have in the Middle East and it didn't start in 2001.

I'm not Anerican so honestly do not know much about Republicans or Democrats.

I agree with the comments on the middle east. It goes back centuries and British Imperialism created the foundation of the current issues. The communist-western proxy wars also turned the whole damn region into a military playground.

This is one of the problems, we ignore situations that justify the use of force and aggression. A perfect example is Kosovo. Yet use force for foolish adventurism and "regime" change

The Good Reverend Roger

Fallenkezef

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 28, 2017, 12:33:12 AM
Quote from: Fallenkezef on June 28, 2017, 12:28:51 AM

I'm not Anerican

Oh.  Never mind.

What is going on over there that following a nordic tradition evokes such a reaction? I'm genuinely confused here.

Got off on the wrong foot here, I've been interested in politics and Discordianism for 20 years, since I was 17. Started out as a lefty, a firebrand idealist. Used to post on a similar forum back before iron prison was put published. Got shot down allot and learned a few things.

Over the years I've grown, my views have changed and evolved. Raising a daughter and scared shitless about the future she'll inherit. Maybe my point was lost, maybe I've misunderstood some American cultural/political issues.

Main point is that some of us on the right side of this airplane care as much about free thinking and opening people's minds as those on the left and both sides have closed minded extremists to be wary of