News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Look both ways before you cross

Started by Fallenkezef, June 27, 2017, 03:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 28, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

Of course, there's LMNO, who "lives" in the Boston area, but he never hits the mod button.

Consider me a Historical Object Lesson. Them that knows what I did, know.

Chucklemaster

GDP is useless anyway.
also, this entire thread  :lulz:
blah blah blah the rest of the song

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 29, 2017, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 28, 2017, 11:02:36 PM
Quote from: Fallenkezef on June 28, 2017, 07:36:36 PM

You make the assumption that brexit is based on xenophobia.

:lulz:

This fucking thread.

I've spent 6 hours threatening to feed various people into a conveyor belt. Gods, I needed a laugh like this thread is providing.

If you think I may be laughing at you, I assure you, I probably am.

Gulp!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

This fucking thread.

I've spent 6 hours threatening to feed various people into a conveyor belt. Gods, I needed a laugh like this thread is providing.

I mean, for fucking real?  Brexit could be argued to not be inherently racist (which, yanno   :lulz: ), but it is by definition xenophobic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2017, 12:12:45 AM

Of course, there's LMNO, who "lives" in the Boston area, but he never hits the mod button.

Your evil isn't ancient enough.  I have left instructions for my great-grand kiddies to tell the story of what you done.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chucklemaster on June 29, 2017, 12:36:30 AM
GDP is useless anyway.
also, this entire thread  :lulz:

GDP/GNP/Average income are all just metrics to distinguish the wealthy from the peons.

Seriously, the median yearly wage in the USA is $65,751, but the mode wage is $18,500.  Which means the rich are really, really fucking raking it in.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Hoopla on June 29, 2017, 12:46:34 AM

This fucking thread.

Gulp!

Rest easy, citizen. I'm laughing with you.

Total number of people in this thread I'm laughing at - 1.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2017, 12:51:50 AM

Your evil isn't ancient enough.  I have left instructions for my great-grand kiddies to tell the story of what you done.

YOU UTTER ROTTEN BASTARD

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2017, 03:30:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2017, 12:51:50 AM

YOU UTTER ROTTEN BASTARD

Evil is only really fun if it's got an inch of dust on it.

Fallenkezef

Allot, sorry, a lot of food for thouggt here. Set down and did some homework on American politics, can understand some of the vitriol.
Engage the enemy more closely

Q. G. Pennyworth

Yeah shit is fuckin awful here right now.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

MMIX

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 29, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
Yeah shit is fuckin awful here right now.

Its pretty shit over this side of the pond too. In no small measure because of the staggering political ignorance of the vast majority of the electorate.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Vanadium Gryllz on June 27, 2017, 03:57:44 PM
Disagree with freedom of movement? You are racist, doesn't matter your reasons, you are racist, islamaphobic scum.

People can be quick to judge but I have yet to hear an argument against freedom of movement that doesn't play on fear of the other.

What about cheapness? A lot of people pretty openly also seem to be worried that immigrants will benefit from social welfare programs, the cost of which might possibly cause people's taxes to go up a penny
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on June 29, 2017, 11:27:54 PM
Quote from: Vanadium Gryllz on June 27, 2017, 03:57:44 PM
Disagree with freedom of movement? You are racist, doesn't matter your reasons, you are racist, islamaphobic scum.

People can be quick to judge but I have yet to hear an argument against freedom of movement that doesn't play on fear of the other.

What about cheapness? A lot of people pretty openly also seem to be worried that immigrants will benefit from social welfare programs, the cost of which might possibly cause people's taxes to go up a penny

So the immigrants that aren't coming over to steal our jobs are coming over to shit up our social welfare? Still seems based in fear rather than empathy.

I don't know the numbers re how many immigrants end up on welfare vs. in paid work though.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."