News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

A note from your Friendly Neighborhood Propagandist

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, July 03, 2017, 06:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

External validation helps me keep moving. If you see threads with pdfs or images you like, mittens and/or constructive criticism are encouraged.

Please clap.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 03, 2017, 06:14:41 PM
External validation helps me keep moving. If you see threads with pdfs or images you like, mittens and/or constructive criticism are encouraged.

Please clap.

I was much the same with my writing.  Things didn't go well.  So I stopped.

I like your stuff, so I will in fact clap.  Fuck the haters.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Eh, I don't think anybody's hating. Just that kinda "Good Ol' QGP" thing. I mean, it's not like people asked me to take on dumb projects in the first place.

Thanks for getting it, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 03, 2017, 06:31:12 PM
Eh, I don't think anybody's hating. Just that kinda "Good Ol' QGP" thing. I mean, it's not like people asked me to take on dumb projects in the first place.

Thanks for getting it, though.

Cain has been there, too, and I am just as guilty as the next guy.  He'd write a fascinating analysis, and I'd read it and enjoy it and move on.

And I hollered about conversation on pieces the loudest while I was doing it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Zenpatista

I'm usually lurking. It's a lame excuse, but it's at least part of why I don't login and contribute more. However, you should know I've happily posted some of your propaganda. This one resides on the microwave in the prep lab of my teaching lab. Strangely, none of my TAs have said anything about it.
https://ibb.co/dtAbpa

I've also read some essays out loud to family members. Teenage boy likes them although I edit a few of the four letter words out. And I'm taking a print version of "Holy Nonsense" as a gift for my 30 year old daughter.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Zenpatista on July 09, 2017, 06:03:40 AM
I'm usually lurking. It's a lame excuse, but it's at least part of why I don't login and contribute more. However, you should know I've happily posted some of your propaganda. This one resides on the microwave in the prep lab of my teaching lab. Strangely, none of my TAs have said anything about it.
https://ibb.co/dtAbpa

I've also read some essays out loud to family members. Teenage boy likes them although I edit a few of the four letter words out. And I'm taking a print version of "Holy Nonsense" as a gift for my 30 year old daughter.

:cramstipated:

This is the most exciting thing!

The Wizard Joseph

I definitely am guilty of not saying enough when I see something cool here. I also tend to get about half through things and get distracted but although I'll think about it never quite get back to it. You do some very fine work QG!

Unnecessary mittens are not unnecessary
:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl