News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Attn: ALL HOLY NONSENSE AUTHORS

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, July 10, 2017, 03:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I would like to launch a patreon to subsidize my work on Holy Nonsense and the flyers, QGP art, and related stuff and nonsense I get up to. Nothing is going behind a paywall. I'll still be releasing Holy Nonsense on PeeDee and distributing things as far and wide as possible, and patrons won't get to dictate anything getting into the book. The only difference would be that I get slightly less shit for doing this instead of taking work on fiver or whatever.

In the unlikely event that I get filthy rich on this, money will be thrown at PD costs and other causes the contributors request.

I think this is still within the non-commercial license all HN authors agreed to, but I would feel better if folks chime in and let me know if this is okay.

Q. G. Pennyworth

This is not live yet, but here's a preview of what I would be asking and offering.

hxxps://patreon.com/preview/d98e94f53726499baf72668a0999f070

Please note nobody on PD has to sign up to ask for flyers and shit.

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

LMNO

You can keep using whatever of mine you may have used.

The Wizard Joseph

I like the write-up and reward by custom images support tiers. I have a feeling that this will do well indeed!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

my shit is all kopyleft, all rites reversed
ergo 169% cool with me

hooplala

I don't think I have anything in Holy Nonsense, but if so, it's kopyleft.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Eater of Clowns

Can't remember if anything of mine is in there, but I'm cool with this.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Hoopla on July 11, 2017, 10:08:56 PM

I have Cabbages and Greyfaces, Dear Muddy, and Give You The Beeps all listed as yours in my spreadsheet. The first two are credited on the page, the latter was kind of a throwaway line and is not credited.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 11, 2017, 10:10:25 PM

The only thing I have listed as yours is Tucson is Lost, which is not credited on page.

I did the best I could to match up stuff with original authors, but a lot of these were never credited in the books they appeared in (BIP was a major contributor to this problem). If anyone wants to help match up essays to authors I have a stupid google spreadsheet you can be horrified at.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Having spoken individually to Nigel and Roger as well, I'm gonna call this critical mass. If you wrote stuff and have a problem, please let me know here or on the bookface or whatever and I will leave out your material.

hooplala

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 11, 2017, 10:20:18 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 11, 2017, 10:08:56 PM

I have Cabbages and Greyfaces, Dear Muddy, and Give You The Beeps all listed as yours in my spreadsheet. The first two are credited on the page, the latter was kind of a throwaway line and is not credited.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 11, 2017, 10:10:25 PM

The only thing I have listed as yours is Tucson is Lost, which is not credited on page.

I did the best I could to match up stuff with original authors, but a lot of these were never credited in the books they appeared in (BIP was a major contributor to this problem). If anyone wants to help match up essays to authors I have a stupid google spreadsheet you can be horrified at.

Have at it!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

Dammit, I keep forgetting to kick your Patreon a few bucks for all your good and holy work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO on July 12, 2017, 12:42:59 AM
Dammit, I keep forgetting to kick your Patreon a few bucks for all your good and holy work.

Dunno how it's "keep" when I literally hit the go live button yesterday :)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Here's the link to the live thing: https://www.patreon.com/qgpennyworth

edited new vanity url