News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 20, 2017, 04:56:28 PM
I'm filling out a job application, and one of the questions is "Tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!"

Am I wrong in interpreting this as "Make up some outlandish shit about yourself"?  I mean, how could something factually accurate be "creative"?

I'm thinking of saying something like "I was born in a dirigible, and can communicate telepathically with creamed corn."

All you put down is "I am very discreet".

Refuse to elaborate if they ask what you mean by that.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bruno

Quote from: Faust on July 25, 2017, 07:58:25 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on July 20, 2017, 04:56:28 PM
I'm filling out a job application, and one of the questions is "Tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!"

Am I wrong in interpreting this as "Make up some outlandish shit about yourself"?  I mean, how could something factually accurate be "creative"?

I'm thinking of saying something like "I was born in a dirigible, and can communicate telepathically with creamed corn."

All you put down is "I am very discreet".

Refuse to elaborate if they ask what you mean by that.

Ohhhh... too late. I just finally sent in my application, like, 2 hours ago after alternately struggling with, and willfully neglecting and forgetting about it for 5 days. On the plus side, I am now into season 5 of Smallville. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I eventually went with what now seems like the obvious choice of talking about that shooting gallery I've been working on for two years; 2 microcontrollers programmed in 2 languages, a sensor array, talking animals, a shit-ton of wires, etc...
Formerly something else...

Vanadium Gryllz

In the deep heart of Ireland, where it rains a whole day's worth of rain in 5 minutes and the internet comes from the early 2000s...
Three men stand in a warehouse wondering what the fuck is happening. How has a job that was supposed to be some simple process optimisation turned into buggering about with wrenches and paper towels and pump ratios and waiting over an hour for resin to cure when it's supposed to take 15 minutes?

Answer: Airlock in the catalyst pump. Probably. We'll see if everything's still sort-of-fixed tomorrow.

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

QueenThera

I haven't posted here in forever, and few of you probably remember me.

But like. I wanted to say this place, among others, confirms how obvious I was.

I found out this year I'm a transwoman, and this avatar itself is of a transwoman. All my avatars for years were women (save one video game character just recently).

It's just so fucking weird how long it took me to realize this. So naturally I want to tell Discordians about it.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Pergamos

Quote from: QueenThera on July 27, 2017, 01:38:34 AM

I found out this year I'm a transwoman, and this avatar itself is of a transwoman. All my avatars for years were women (save one video game character just recently).

It's just so fucking weird how long it took me to realize this. So naturally I want to tell Discordians about it.

Oh no,  prepare to decide that the majority of Discordians are transphobic.

(hint, they are not)

Trivial

Thing that was broken earlier in thread in broken again and server gopher nowhere to be found.

Also today I learned that these devices used to reside in this building but were moved for reasons that no one can articulate.  They can't even say it was for money. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

I do remember you.

I've heard that's how quite a few people have realised they are trans, incidentally.

QueenThera

Quote from: Cain on July 27, 2017, 08:49:52 AM

I do remember you.

I've heard that's how quite a few people have realised they are trans, incidentally.
Yeah. Pretty much how I found out. I kept talking to trans folks via Discord, and then realized I made more sense this way.
Quote from: Pergamos on July 27, 2017, 04:50:01 AM

Oh no,  prepare to decide that the majority of Discordians are transphobic.

(hint, they are not)
I'm glad they're not but well. If they were, I technically could excommunicate the fucking lot of em. For all that's worth.

Incidentally, gender is so so so weird and nebulous and I wish it wasn't entirely up to me.

Also I wish I didn't find out I was trans in this presidency.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

LMNO

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: QueenThera on July 27, 2017, 10:01:04 AM

Also I wish I didn't find out I was trans in this presidency.

1.  Welcome back.

2.  You can judge your worth by who your enemies are.  Right now, your enemies are murder clowns.  With bad hair.  Could there actually be a better time to be alive?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Hey Thera! I remember you, too! Your avatar, mostly.

QueenThera

Hi all! Wait, so...I'm Batgirl, if my enemy looks like that, right?

...I look good in glasses anyway.

Also yes my avatar is neat! I put my old username in my signature!

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: QueenThera on July 28, 2017, 02:03:38 AM
Hi all! Wait, so...I'm Batgirl, if my enemy looks like that, right?

...I look good in glasses anyway.

Also yes my avatar is neat! I put my old username in my signature!

I think I remember you under that name.

Welcome back regardless!
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Sorting through my holiday snaps.  Not as many duds as I thought, though I'm probably not going to win any Pulitzers from this stuff.

I assume PD would like to see some?