News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

EK WAFFLR

Time for those damn transhumanists to follow through on their promises to give all of us biomech bodies.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 19, 2018, 01:00:19 PM
You need to get a replacement body.

Just a replacement spine.  I shall have my disloyal maintenance techs draw straws.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 19, 2018, 02:16:31 PM
Time for those damn transhumanists to follow through on their promises to give all of us biomech bodies.

It's hard to describe how much I hate transhumanists.  They are the libertarians of science, only dumber.  For every geek thinking up new extreme body modifications that serve no actual purpose, there are five Rachel Haywires bilking the gullible.  Most of them have a hard core belief that they will benefit from this sort of shit because they support it, the same way libertarians think if they just believe hard enough, they will one day be admitted to The Club.

They are all worthless, and we will one day march on their stupid, entitled bones.  Well, you will march.  I will ride my Captain Pike wheelchair thing, blinking "YES" every time I get a wheel on one of their pelvises.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on September 19, 2018, 08:20:49 PM
Fuck Roger, that's rough. I'm sorry.

Worse things have happened at sea.  I'll be fine for at least another 10 years, and during that ten years I will be a walking mass of altered chemistry and horrible glee.  I have decided to stop worrying about the future because it has sort of arrived.

I am in fact the face of the 21st century, and if you see me coming, you should run.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 20, 2018, 03:19:27 PM
Why?  I'll only die tired.

The most horrible thing about Howl is that I might not kill you.  Maybe you just wish for death, but death doesn't answer. 

I mean, seriously, LMNO...There's work to be done.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Imma gonna go put sum face-sucker xenomorphs un dees Predator's faces till they cough up something fitting.

—Kirk Lazarus

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2018, 03:43:55 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 13, 2018, 02:12:56 AM
Man, fuck cancer

Yes.  That.

Her prognosis is once again promising.

I've been out of town for a while, and I'm just catching up.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Dok. I hope the M.D.s are right about her prognosis.

Also, I can sort of sympathize with you about your back problems, as I'm going through a similar thing. However, very fortuantely for me, I have no pain. According to the M.D.s, P.T.s, etc., I should have pain, but I only have very mild numbness in one leg, and I walk with a noticeable limp most of the time. But, that's another long story.

Anyway, good luck, if you believe in that sort of thing, to both your mom and you.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 19, 2018, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 19, 2018, 02:16:31 PM

It's hard to describe how much I hate transhumanists.  They are the libertarians of science, only dumber.  For every geek thinking up new extreme body modifications that serve no actual purpose, there are five Rachel Haywires bilking the gullible.  Most of them have a hard core belief that they will benefit from this sort of shit because they support it, the same way libertarians think if they just believe hard enough, they will one day be admitted to The Club.

They are all worthless, and we will one day march on their stupid, entitled bones.  Well, you will march.  I will ride my Captain Pike wheelchair thing, blinking "YES" every time I get a wheel on one of their pelvises.
Hey, I wouldn't count them out entirely. If recent events have taught me anything it's that not only is Transmetropolitan possible, it's probably inevitable by this point.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

So, for those of you wondering what is going on with me and work...

I basically get made redundant at the end of this week.  There is a severance package, and because the company is dumb and tried to lock me into a stupid contract with a ridiculous notice period, they have screwed themselves on that front.

I have 12 weeks in which to find a new place to live.  During that period, I get £2000/month, with deducations for NI and rent.  After that, I then get £1500 tax free, and a £7,500 taxed sum.  So all in all, it's about £14,000 the company is having to pay to get rid of me, and I'm squatting on one of their studio flats until the New Year, meaning they can't rent it out to anyone.

Incidentally, only two staff members have agreed to stay on, so they don't have night cover.  And the amount of fucks I give about this is precisely zero.

LMNO

Cain

Yeah, that I don't spend on rent and food will go towards the PhD fund, which is actually looking pretty healthy.  I may have to buy a house instead if property prices crash post-Brexit.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on September 24, 2018, 08:16:19 PM
Yeah, that I don't spend on rent and food will go towards the PhD fund, which is actually looking pretty healthy.  I may have to buy a house instead if property prices crash post-Brexit.

The American housing market is about to bubble again. Dunno how much that affected prices across the pond last time.