News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2017, 05:20:30 PM
For what it's worth, I'm very interested in what's going on in Seattle with the min wage increase, from a science perspective. It's a real-world experiment, and I'm trying to be impartial.
The increase to $10 has Tucson's economy banging, so I can only imagine.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Half-Eaten Waffle on August 03, 2017, 08:41:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 02, 2017, 02:45:14 AM
Quote from: The Half-Eaten Waffle on August 01, 2017, 08:53:40 PM
Hiya people.

hola, un Silla Alta!

Thank you, and a very good high chair* to you too.

*I hope I got my Spanish right.

Close enough.

Anyway, I just suddenly and without warning to traded to some British company.  I'm in the same office, the pay is slightly better, but it would have been nice to apply or interview or be told before my first day on the job.  Apparently, my contract allows for this, and so I had to do another I9 and W2 to keep doing the same thing for the same people.

Trivial

Holy crap, the storms totally affect my blood sugar.  Fucking 1 slice to wheat toast was too much today, yesterday it was normal.  What the hell.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on August 04, 2017, 01:34:04 AM
Holy crap, the storms totally affect my blood sugar.  Fucking 1 slice to wheat toast was too much today, yesterday it was normal.  What the hell.

Are you taking metformin or anything?  Because I have this happen about once every two weeks, and I can only sometimes figure out what happened.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 03, 2017, 11:57:03 PM
Hiya people.

hola, un Silla Alta!

Close enough.

Anyway, I just suddenly and without warning to traded to some British company.  I'm in the same office, the pay is slightly better, but it would have been nice to apply or interview or be told before my first day on the job.  Apparently, my contract allows for this, and so I had to do another I9 and W2 to keep doing the same thing for the same people.

Is that because they're paying you in sterling and converting it to dollars?

Because you might want to get them to change that arrangement before March 2019 if so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 04, 2017, 02:52:42 AM
Hiya people.

hola, un Silla Alta!

Close enough.

Is that because they're paying you in sterling and converting it to dollars?

Because you might want to get them to change that arrangement before March 2019 if so.

No, they have an American subsidiary, so I still get paid in money.

Cain

Hey, it's money now. It just wont be in 18 months.

I'm actually keeping a stack of Euros and Swiss francs I bought pre-Brexit vote, just in case.

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 04, 2017, 01:38:17 AM

Are you taking metformin or anything?  Because I have this happen about once every two weeks, and I can only sometimes figure out what happened.

Nope, been avoiding medication, though now I might want to do that if I'm not able to have carbs at all.  Metformin one they offered I think.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on August 04, 2017, 03:26:58 AM

Nope, been avoiding medication, though now I might want to do that if I'm not able to have carbs at all.  Metformin one they offered I think.

Metformin is pretty good stuff.

1.  You can't overdose on it, really, because it stops working when your blood sugar reaches 80.
2.  The only real side effect is acid ketosis, and if it doesn't happen inside of 2 weeks, it will never happen.
3.  The first two weeks is a festival of explosive diarrhea, but then that stops. 
4.  It fucking works.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 04, 2017, 03:04:46 AM
Hey, it's money now. It just wont be in 18 months.

I'm actually keeping a stack of Euros and Swiss francs I bought pre-Brexit vote, just in case.

I expect it will tumble before the actual hilarity.

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 04, 2017, 03:31:24 AM
Quote from: Trivial on August 04, 2017, 03:26:58 AM

Metformin is pretty good stuff.

1.  You can't overdose on it, really, because it stops working when your blood sugar reaches 80.
2.  The only real side effect is acid ketosis, and if it doesn't happen inside of 2 weeks, it will never happen.
3.  The first two weeks is a festival of explosive diarrhea, but then that stops. 
4.  It fucking works.

Hmm, I have like 3 weeks to go, and have the opposite poo problem, so maybe not a bad idea.

EK WAFFLR

Hiya people.

hola, un Silla Alta!

Close enough.

Has anyone ever told you you  job is kind of weird?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Trivial

So happy about something that really isn't a good situation, but sister is finally leaving husband.