News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Cain

Roger, you might want to watch out.  Your sig might make Roy Moore start stalking you  :p

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 11, 2017, 02:56:08 AM
Roger, you might want to watch out.  Your sig might make Roy Moore start stalking you  :p

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Welp, on top of the recent death in the family, and the stress of applying to the only program that can get me away from my shift family on a decent timeline, i've also got diabetes now, which may or may not compromise the whole ,"get a job in another country to get away from your shit family" plan. I'm pretty certain this whole last month has just been Eris screwing with me.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 13, 2017, 03:28:56 AM
Welp, on top of the recent death in the family, and the stress of applying to the only program that can get me away from my shift family on a decent timeline, i've also got diabetes now, which may or may not compromise the whole ,"get a job in another country to get away from your shit family" plan. I'm pretty certain this whole last month has just been Eris screwing with me.

Welcome to the cult of horrible people.  We meet on Tuesday, and prank call Cramulus.

I have some simple rules which have gotten me back into the normal range, if you're interested.  What was your A1C?
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 13, 2017, 04:33:14 AM

Welcome to the cult of horrible people.  We meet on Tuesday, and prank call Cramulus.

I have some simple rules which have gotten me back into the normal range, if you're interested.  What was your A1C?
I was feeling real optimistic about getting into weightlifting to combat this whole situation, but my sister is going on about how i NEED to get the lap band surgery now, and pointing out how every attempt to get fit before this one has failed miserably. isnt it great to have the support of family?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 13, 2017, 04:39:53 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 13, 2017, 04:33:14 AM

I was feeling real optimistic about getting into weightlifting to combat this whole situation, but my sister is going on about how i NEED to get the lap band surgery now, and pointing out how every attempt to get fit before this one has failed miserably. isnt it great to have the support of family?

I started at 8.6, you aren't gonna go blind or lose a foot this week.  So here is what you need:

1.  Get the damn metformin.  It's cheap as hell, and it works.  Put up with the horrible 2 weeks of OH MY GUTS.  If you projectile vomit or spike a killer fever, though, stop and see your doctor.

2.  LOG EVERY PIECE OF FOOD THAT GOES IN YOUR FACE.  EVERY SINGLE MORSEL.  Keep a diary on it, and put your blood numbers in it (check FIRST THING when you wake up, and an hour before bed).  Try to stay under 110 in the morning and 130 at night.  Nothing with corn syrup, nothing with more than a few sugars. Raw veggies, meat, no fruit.  Potatoes, rice, and bread are suspect.  Your blood numbers and your diary will tell you what's good and what's not, outside of the obvious (junk food, etc).  No booze ever, drink coffee or tea instead.  Diet soda is fine, don't even THINK about normal soda.

For example, I can have bread and some rice, but NO potatoes.  It's all in which digestive enzymes get busy.  One scrap of potato sets my blood sugar on its ear for 3 days, whereas my wife can have some potatoes but NO rice.

A good general rule is to eat foods with less than 4 sugars per serving and low carbs. 

And if you're full at the end of a meal, you fucked up.  Get used to being hungry.

On the plus side, I lost 35 pounds in 6 months.  So will you.  More, if you behave.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Okay, so Billy and I are looking at this jockey pump that keeps pressure up on a few larger pumps. It's pumping from a tank system at 200 gallons per minute, for 8 hours or so a day.

Problem: None of the tank levels are going down. We checked, both in the system, and by physically climbing up on the tanks and looking in to verify their levels.

Billy: "I think we should quit, this place is haunted."

Me: "Nonsense. This is just one of those reality cracks we have in Tucson from time to time. Water is probably just leaking in from another universe."

Billy: "Or water is somehow getting back into the tank."

Me: "There are no other ways for water to get in. Look."

Billy: "Okay, haunted. We should quit."

Me: "People sometimes PAY for this kind of shit, you know."

Billy: "I didn't. This is spooky, and I don't like it. Who ordered this?"

Me: "This is all nor..."

Billy: "NO, IT ISN'T NORMAL. WE'VE GOT GODDAMN ELDER GODS IN OUR TANK FARM OR SOME SHIT. THIS IS NOT NORMAL."

Me: "This is all ftang, Billy."
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 14, 2017, 02:24:11 AM
I love Billy.

Billy, I suspect, is the only person that keeps us all from murdering each other.  Seriously, I have never had a crew as whiny, bitchy, and hateful as this one.  The only person nobody hates is Billy.  He's like having fucking Dondi on the crew.  Nobody wants to disappoint him.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 14, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
And my doc got me worried about 6.1 A1c  :argh!:

You should be worried if it's above 5.7.

You can now act like a diabetic most of the time, or let it slide and BE a diabetic ALL the time.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2017, 04:17:42 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on November 14, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
And my doc got me worried about 6.1 A1c  :argh!:

You should be worried if it's above 5.7.

You can now act like a diabetic most of the time, or let it slide and BE a diabetic ALL the time.
the latter one is literally how this happened to me. Beat prediabetes one time and i thought i had it made. learn from my hubris.