News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2017, 04:15:58 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 14, 2017, 02:24:11 AM
I love Billy.

Billy, I suspect, is the only person that keeps us all from murdering each other.  Seriously, I have never had a crew as whiny, bitchy, and hateful as this one.  The only person nobody hates is Billy.  He's like having fucking Dondi on the crew.  Nobody wants to disappoint him.
OMG, Billy is your Captain Carrot. this makes you the Samuel Vimes of Tucson.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2017, 04:17:42 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on November 14, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
And my doc got me worried about 6.1 A1c  :argh!:

You should be worried if it's above 5.7.

You can now act like a diabetic most of the time, or let it slide and BE a diabetic ALL the time.

Fortunately, since I got that result we've had to eat like diabetics anyways because my wife got the whole gestational diabetes thing.

LMNO

I love Billy.

Billy, I suspect, is the only person that keeps us all from murdering each other.  Seriously, I have never had a crew as whiny, bitchy, and hateful as this one.  The only person nobody hates is Billy.  He's like having fucking Dondi on the crew.  Nobody wants to disappoint him.

That's an honest shame, since it seemed like you had found a good place for you, after the disaters what befell you with Jim, et al.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on November 14, 2017, 12:48:54 PM
I love Billy.

That's an honest shame, since it seemed like you had found a good place for you, after the disaters what befell you with Jim, et al.

It's still good, work-wise.  I am constantly having to stretch, to learn new things.  I have increased my knowledge of water chemistry and discovered the joys of the SQL/SCADA databases.

The people - with a few exceptions - being a bunch of whiners is just one of the drawbacks caused by God not letting me have nice things without Him pooping on them first.  On the plus side, he's apparently pissing in the chilled water tanks.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 14, 2017, 06:16:48 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2017, 04:17:42 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on November 14, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
And my doc got me worried about 6.1 A1c  :argh!:

You should be worried if it's above 5.7.

You can now act like a diabetic most of the time, or let it slide and BE a diabetic ALL the time.

Fortunately, since I got that result we've had to eat like diabetics anyways because my wife got the whole gestational diabetes thing.

Continue those habits.

You'll be amazed what happens - if you already haven't noticed it - to your senses of taste and smell when all the corn syrup is out of your diet.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 14, 2017, 05:34:12 AM
I love Billy.

OMG, Billy is your Captain Carrot. this makes you the Samuel Vimes of Tucson.

Somehow, I never viewed myself as a protagonist.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Faust

SQL is a beautiful monster, that gets progressively more complex the deeper you look into how it works until eventually you've been looking through index execution plans and you see Azathoth looking back.

SCADA is amazing, when it's not being managed by a single point failure running on some 1970's mainframe that the only person who knew how it runs died in the dot com bubble burst, which has been the only kind I have ran into in industry.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 14, 2017, 07:58:03 PM
SQL is a beautiful monster, that gets progressively more complex the deeper you look into how it works until eventually you've been looking through index execution plans and you see Azathoth looking back.

SCADA is amazing, when it's not being managed by a single point failure running on some 1970's mainframe that the only person who knew how it runs died in the dot com bubble burst, which has been the only kind I have ran into in industry.

Our two SQL geeks won a staring match with the abyss.  Seriously, they're both wrong, and have no business in our universe.

Our Scada system is Delta.  We're basically running a gigantic operation on air conditioning software.  You might think this would be a dumb idea.  And you'd be right.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Single point failure is the entire situation I inherited.

Fortunately, the new bosses are all about spending money.  I can fix anything, if you give me money and time. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2017, 09:31:07 PM

Fortunately, the new bosses are all about spending money.  I can fix anything, if you give me money and time.

Anything?

Don Coyote

So the vile taste of rootbeer helps with the vile taste of stevia. That does not mean I will buying this shit, but at least now this fucking can of hell juice will stop screaming at me like the BRIDGES.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on November 15, 2017, 12:52:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 14, 2017, 09:31:07 PM

Anything?

We don't fix that which isn't broken.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 16, 2017, 04:00:12 AM
So the vile taste of rootbeer helps with the vile taste of stevia. That does not mean I will buying this shit, but at least now this fucking can of hell juice will stop screaming at me like the BRIDGES.

Wait, what? Don't tell me you're drinking Mug Root Beer?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Sad to say, after many years, The Frost Heaves have broken up.  No acrimony, just run its course.

I'll be curating and uploading various albums, demos, remixes, and the like over at http://frostheaves.bandcamp.com.

Current mood: sad, but resigned to it.

hooplala

Sorry to hear that LMNO.

That wasn't the only band you were in though, was it?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman