News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 17, 2017, 07:44:15 AM
Stoics are dumbasses.

Their philosophy is sound, but they are not sound. There's just as much dumbasses in Stoicism as in any ism.

I take what I like from Stoicism, and tell the rest to go fuck themselves.

Background?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Bruno

Quote from: Trivial on July 17, 2017, 06:00:06 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on July 17, 2017, 05:55:04 AM
The Doctor Who people have just announced that the new Doctor is going to be a woman. "The Fandom" immediately shat itself, and has been rolling around in it all day. Having been a fan since I was like 14, I have never given a single fuck about "The Fandom" until now. This shit show is glorious.

I like how people were complaining about liberals and political correctness when the show had a lesbian dinosaur woman.

I guess they're ok with having "exotic" characters around, but The Smartest Person in the Universe should be a man, dammit.

Also, I think a lot of the women who are upset had a crush on the Doctor, and now that he's a woman, that's just not working for them, which is hilarious.
Formerly something else...

Faust

The Doctor Who people have just announced that the new Doctor is going to be a woman. "The Fandom" immediately shat itself, and has been rolling around in it all day. Having been a fan since I was like 14, I have never given a single fuck about "The Fandom" until now. This shit show is glorious.

I like how people were complaining about liberals and political correctness when the show had a lesbian dinosaur woman.

The fandom are the worst and I know how this will go; If the stories are good no one will complain, if the stories are bad thry will blame the fact that it's a woman in the role.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 17, 2017, 01:57:52 PM

I guess they're ok with having "exotic" characters around, but The Smartest Person in the Universe should be a man, dammit.

Also, I think a lot of the women who are upset had a crush on the Doctor, and now that he's a woman, that's just not working for them, which is hilarious.

Two hearts? Totally fine. Vagina? Blasphemy!

People are insane.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

Quote from: Hoopla on July 17, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on July 17, 2017, 01:57:52 PM

Two hearts? Totally fine. Vagina? Blasphemy!

People are insane.

I remember the old Target books had an introduction by some goober which gets into how he went to a sci-fi convention, and there were all these people dressed as Jedi and Klingons or something, and he got up and told them how stupid they were and that Dr. Who was the best show ever, and Teh Docter was the best most special person ever for ever in all of time and space. It was a little disturbing, actually. I wish I could find a copy of it. It's a perfect example of the pretentiousness that has infected "The Fandom" since way back.

Cain

Important breaking news: Beer in Prague is still cheap and good, food in Prague is still cheap and bad, and Whovians are bitter nerds who obsess over a lacklustre program.

More at 11.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2017, 07:07:36 PM
Important breaking news: Beer in Prague is still cheap and good, food in Prague is still cheap and bad, and Whovians are bitter nerds who obsess over a lacklustre program.

More at 11.

I know little about the first two categories, but I firmly agree with the last one.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

It's about 2 euros for a half-litre of ice cold Pilsner Urquell in a tourist trap.

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2017, 08:24:43 PM
It's about 2 euros for a half-litre of ice cold Pilsner Urquell in a tourist trap.

And the food? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess mostly organ meats and tubers.

Cain

It's like a shit-tier mix of German and Hungarian cuisine.  So yes.  Lots of pork and beef products, lots of cabbage, lots of bread, lots of paprika.

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2017, 08:31:41 PM
It's like a shit-tier mix of German and Hungarian cuisine.  So yes.  Lots of pork and beef products, lots of cabbage, lots of bread, lots of paprika.

Well... and mind you this is coming from someone who gets a McDouble and an ice cream cone from McDonalds at LEAST 3 times a week... entirely out of convenience, I assure you... that doesn't sound too shabby. So I'm going to choose to read that as "Lots of pork and beef products, lots of cabbage, lots of bread, lots of paprika, except it's terrible!"

Cain

Well, lets say its not the choice cuts of meat I'm seeing.  Which when the meal is like 70% meat is not great

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 17, 2017, 07:44:15 AM
Stoics are dumbasses.

Their philosophy is sound, but they are not sound. There's just as much dumbasses in Stoicism as in any ism.

I take what I like from Stoicism, and tell the rest to go fuck themselves.

"If the rock hits you, holler."
Said no Stoic ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2017, 07:07:36 PM

More at 11.

The old Dr Who, back in the 80s, was pure Buldada.  We all loved it because it was AWFUL.

The crime here is not who is The Doctor, but the fact that they have a budget.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.