News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Half-Eaten Waffle on August 04, 2017, 12:21:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 03, 2017, 11:57:03 PM
Quote from: The Half-Eaten Waffle on August 03, 2017, 08:41:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 02, 2017, 02:45:14 AM
Quote from: The Half-Eaten Waffle on August 01, 2017, 08:53:40 PM
Hiya people.

hola, un Silla Alta!

Thank you, and a very good high chair* to you too.

*I hope I got my Spanish right.

Close enough.

Anyway, I just suddenly and without warning to traded to some British company.  I'm in the same office, the pay is slightly better, but it would have been nice to apply or interview or be told before my first day on the job.  Apparently, my contract allows for this, and so I had to do another I9 and W2 to keep doing the same thing for the same people.

Has anyone ever told you you  job is kind of weird?

I blow up sewers and get handed around like a durdy hoar.

So no.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I'm off to battle prairie sharks for a week.  Be nice to each other.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on August 05, 2017, 05:12:06 PM
I'm off to battle prairie sharks for a week.  Be nice to each other.

Have fun!  Don't take any shit off of those Montana PITA freaks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Less than two days back at work and:

1) I have been locked out of my work computer account.  No emails, no access to the server, no access to student records, no access to maintenance.
2) I have been put on an entire shift for my own, despite being away for a month
3) It's also a weekend
4) I've had to sit through two 45 minute long handovers that should've taken 5 minutes due to co-worker incompetence and dithering
5) I've had to explain to students that no, they cannot just invite friends here overnight, and no they cannot give me money to make that happen.  There are 3 notice boards on every floor with this information, along with it being in their induction pack and told to them upon arrival
6) Had to explain to students where the laundry is, despite being part of the induction
7) Had to explain to a student where their kitchen is, despite them being here for a week at this point.
8) Found multiple clerical errors

Freeky

That school is a travesty and would probably burn down at some point without you there, even if you really don't care anymore your competence is like the only thing holding that place up.

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Vanadium Gryllz

That sucks dude I hope you get a chance soon. Sounds like you're wasted at that place.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Well I have two masters degrees and the person next step down in terms of chain of command not only doesn't have any, she doesn't know what the tab button on the computer does.  We work with computers on a daily basis and she's been here 18 months.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on August 06, 2017, 10:16:03 PM
Well I have two masters degrees and the person next step down in terms of chain of command not only doesn't have any, she doesn't know what the tab button on the computer does.  We work with computers on a daily basis and she's been here 18 months.

Has she time traveled to this age from a hundred years ago, to not know what the tab button does?

Trivial

After having a rant that my sister is a liar, belittling her in front of the kids, and threatening to call the cops on her and his own father for robbery (??), brother-in-law can't possibly understand why my sister wants to leave him.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Freeky

Quote from: Trivial on August 08, 2017, 02:40:09 AM
After having a rant that my sister is a liar, belittling her in front of the kids, and threatening to call the cops on her and his own father for robbery (??), brother-in-law can't possibly understand why my sister wants to leave him.

Wow. That is wildly... something.

Trivial

Quote from: Freeky on August 08, 2017, 02:54:23 AM
Quote from: Trivial on August 08, 2017, 02:40:09 AM

Wow. That is wildly... something.

He's something.  He's probably mentally ill - he won't go see a doc, flatly refuses.  What he doesn't get is that when my sister disagrees with something that he can't just go say what a terrible person he thinks she is, accuse her of lying,  and do so for about twenty minutes.  He thinks that that is an argument and just doesn't get why she has a problem.  Or denies that they even had an argument. 

Last one was him calling an exterminator for their brand new house because the dog has ticks, therefore infestation.  Sister says that isn't what an exterminator should be called for.  He calls her a liar, a terrible person and an idiot.  She filmed it.

At least this time his dad got a piece of what has been going on.  They didn't believe my sister that he had a problem.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Freeky

Fuckin' christ. And I remember now, he sounds VERY ill.  :sad:

Cain

Quote from: Freeky on August 07, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 06, 2017, 10:16:03 PM

Has she time traveled to this age from a hundred years ago, to not know what the tab button does?

Her gender and sex politics certainly have.

I won't recount the time she embarrassed the entire team, herself, a new student and their family because the parents were a gay couple and she couldn't stop making a complete arse of herself about it.