News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Trivial on August 19, 2017, 02:28:30 AM
Holy fuck my sister's in-laws.  Her husband's sister: "Not sure why you're bothering leaving now, he'll be dead in maybe 5 years."

Wow.  :aaa:

POFP

Cut my thumb open when washing a food processor blade. Nerve damage is certain at this point, as I can't feel up to an inch past the cut. Had to super-glue the fucker shut!

Took 25 minutes to get it to stop bleeding the first time. Then it took over 2 hours the second time (I must have accidentally ripped it open a bit more.). During which time I bled all the way through a hand-towel AND a rag. I had to put so much pressure on it, it gave me a blood blister around the cut.

I can't believe I ever doubted the super-glue method, though. I'm never using bandaids for incision wounds again.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

The Spanish police are not fucking around when it comes to the Barcelona cell.  Out of a suspected 12 members there are:

3 on the run
6 shot dead
2 blown up (self-inflicted)
1 in the ICU (also self-inflicted)

Trivial

Quote from: PoFP on August 21, 2017, 04:19:53 PM
Cut my thumb open when washing a food processor blade. Nerve damage is certain at this point, as I can't feel up to an inch past the cut. Had to super-glue the fucker shut!

Took 25 minutes to get it to stop bleeding the first time. Then it took over 2 hours the second time (I must have accidentally ripped it open a bit more.). During which time I bled all the way through a hand-towel AND a rag. I had to put so much pressure on it, it gave me a blood blister around the cut.

I can't believe I ever doubted the super-glue method, though. I'm never using bandaids for incision wounds again.

Never tried that but I don't know if I've ever had a cut that would work.  I gouged a finger once with a hedge trimmer, had flap that i compressed shut and it healed ok.  It feels pretty odd now, there's feeling in that spot,  but it's wrong.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

POFP

Quote from: Trivial on August 21, 2017, 05:11:40 PM
Quote from: PoFP on August 21, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

Never tried that but I don't know if I've ever had a cut that would work.  I gouged a finger once with a hedge trimmer, had flap that i compressed shut and it healed ok.  It feels pretty odd now, there's feeling in that spot,  but it's wrong.

Yeah, it's the best method for things like that. Super-glue seems to significantly reduce scarring (Not that that really matters to me, as I've never cared about scarring.), and is perfect for situations in which you have to hold two pieces of skin together to keep a wound from bleeding. I recommend using the most viscous super glue you can find, as the nail glue I used is not so viscous, and ended up spreading further than intended and insta-gluing my uncut thumb to one flap of the wound, which is the reason why it took so long to get to stop bleeding the second time around. I had to immediately rip my other thumb off the flap before it bonded completely to the skin flap. It was almost completely bonded though, so it extended the cut another half inch (basically into the start of my thumb nail) when I ripped it back.

I completely get what you mean by "there's feeling, but it's wrong." It's essentially like an incomplete nerve signal. Only pieces of the information make it back, and it feels off, in an indescribable way. Makes me think of TV interference, or a radio fading in and out between two radio stations.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Trivial

Freeky

Quote from: Trivial on August 21, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
Update: baby not getting moon powers.

Booo.

Also I dunno what kind of super glue you used, but I hope it was medical grade. The stuff for objects is toxic, I believe.

POFP

Quote from: Freeky on August 21, 2017, 09:21:08 PM
Also I dunno what kind of super glue you used, but I hope it was medical grade. The stuff for objects is toxic, I believe.

I had suspected the same thing when the idea was proposed to me.

Cyanoacrylate is all it said on the bottle, but I had looked up the other types (n-butyl and 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate, for example), and as far as I know, it would just cause burning sensations due to its curing process being exothermic in some circumstances for certain types. I think the main toxicological factors have more to do with the fumes. Either way, I think it should be fine. A little bit of glue toxicity (Which, none of it would be deadly by any stretch, in the case of cyanoacrylate) is way better of a situation than having to pay a thousand dollars for a couple stitches.

Freeky

Freeky

I bought ten pounds of white peaches today at the store and have six more at home. These will be dried and made into tea stuffs. Yay.

Trivial

Ah, post "Be a Viking not victim" speech the layoffs commenced.

Not affected but feh, typical.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Trivial on August 21, 2017, 11:21:53 PM

What? Summary and key phrases from speech needed, sounds like cocaine fueled corporate bullshit at its finest. I mean sure if pillaging and plundering is your business model but I'm pretty sure you don't work at a bank.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Trivial

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 22, 2017, 12:35:55 AM
Quote from: Trivial on August 21, 2017, 11:21:53 PM

What? Summary and key phrases from speech needed, sounds like cocaine fueled corporate bullshit at its finest. I mean sure if pillaging and plundering is your business model but I'm pretty sure you don't work at a bank.

PM for fun.

*edit*  Did it send?  I have nothing in "sent".

Don Coyote

Out of the blue I noticed one Zak Smith, a DIY/OSR D&D dude, has blocked me on twitter, which has me baffled, much like when I found out that fucking Jessica Price from Paizo had me blocked on twitter. I'm torn between assuming it's because of a subtweet about some OSR publishers supporting the free speech of Nazis, because literally everything else that I tweet either has nothing to with him or is supportive of his books, or asking him directly.

Also what gives with folks not blocking you on all social media? It's not like my handles are radically different across platforms.

The Good Reverend Roger

Annnnnnd Fred turned 30.

I am going to crawl off onto an ice floe now.

:cramulus:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.