News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

I remember when my dad was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma. Scariest time of my life. He took well to the chemotherapy but it was so advanced that it still could come back any time in any system. There is nothing to do but hang in there man. And yeah fuck cancer.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK CANCER

Ziegejunge

Bu🤠ns

Good Luck to you and your family, Roger--I'm so sorry to hear that.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2017, 03:22:18 AM
My mother has cancer.

Oh fuck.

I wish I could do more than say that man. Anything I can do, just shout.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Freeky

POFP

So sorry Roger. Cancer is the worst.

I hope she kicks its ass.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Hope your mom kicks cancer in the nads.

I've officially joined "pillz here"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 28, 2017, 02:49:44 AM
Hope your mom kicks cancer in the nads.

I've officially joined "pillz here"

I told you, eventually everyone will.

Also, Hugh Hefner died.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

I'm on a regimen of pillz for life now. It's not worth trying to deal with my head by myself and also I have hypertension without some correction.

On a personal note I'm soon moving in about mid October if all works out. I won't have 24/7 Internet access anymore so I may be spotty about comms for a while until I find decent employment. New place is subsidized housing and WAY nicer than my current rat hole squat. It's 30% of my income or $50 whichever is more. Caps at $650 all utilities included.

I'm really hoping to get work at the local brewery. Pay starts at $14 and goes up to $18/hr pretty quickly based on number of hours worked. If I get that job and can handle it I'm not waiting on the disability appeal. I'm starting to recover from the depression and the appeal is a long shot. Downside of the brewery is it smells like a beer-fart and there's potentially broken glass to deal with. The new place is downtown so finding other work is easy if I don't get in at the brewery. Much up in the air right now, but things are looking up!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 28, 2017, 09:41:15 PM
I'm on a regimen of pillz for life now. It's not worth trying to deal with my head by myself and also I have hypertension without some correction.

On a personal note I'm soon moving in about mid October if all works out. I won't have 24/7 Internet access anymore so I may be spotty about comms for a while until I find decent employment. New place is subsidized housing and WAY nicer than my current rat hole squat. It's 30% of my income or $50 whichever is more. Caps at $650 all utilities included.

I'm really hoping to get work at the local brewery. Pay starts at $14 and goes up to $18/hr pretty quickly based on number of hours worked. If I get that job and can handle it I'm not waiting on the disability appeal. I'm starting to recover from the depression and the appeal is a long shot. Downside of the brewery is it smells like a beer-fart and there's potentially broken glass to deal with. The new place is downtown so finding other work is easy if I don't get in at the brewery. Much up in the air right now, but things are looking up!

Good luck.  A job at a brewery is something you can eventually retire from.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2017, 11:54:45 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 28, 2017, 09:41:15 PM

Good luck.  A job at a brewery is something you can eventually retire from.

Thanks! I figure 30 years should set me up pretty good if I just stick to it. I've also decided to entirely quit smoking grass for at least 20 years. I'll reassess when I'm 55, but it's not been doing my life any good I realized. It's bad for my emotional stability as well as my occupational well being and gives little real benefit in return. I'm not even sad about it. It's almost like I'm angry and NEED to change things. I don't know if that's healthy but it's a damn sight better than despair and depression.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl