News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

http://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/film/ECE9952439/bjoerk-anklager-lars-von-trier-for-sexchikane/

Serious topic, however, I don't think Google translate has quite got the knack for Icelandic

*edit* also bad for Danish, which it's supposed to be in.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

"The world-famous Icelandic singer Björk writes in a Sunday message on Facebook that she has been exposed to sexchikans from a Danish film director"

Wasn't this David's plan from Alien: Covenant?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Trivial

"Björk accuses Lars von Trier of sex chickens"
"Björk and von Trier were the rapids in film recordings, says von Trier. He denies sexual harassment."
"It has not been the case. But that we were smoking unfriends, that's a fact."
"On the other hand, she delivered one of the greatest performances in my movies at all," he says.
"I therefore receive this with open mouth and polyps."
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Not sure if bad translation or Bjork being Bjork.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Trivial on October 18, 2017, 05:31:02 PM
"Björk accuses Lars von Trier of sex chickens"
"Björk and von Trier were the rapids in film recordings, says von Trier. He denies sexual harassment."
"It has not been the case. But that we were smoking unfriends, that's a fact."
"On the other hand, she delivered one of the greatest performances in my movies at all," he says.
"I therefore receive this with open mouth and polyps."

I'm pretty sure this is actually song lyrics. It's classic Björk.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

I thought Mad Max: Furry Road was a typo.

I hate everything and I want to die.
Molon Lube

Cain

It's guns, gas and gods, not gators, geckos and gerbils.

Bruno

League of the South is having a "White Lives Matter" rally in the town square of my little town next Saturday. Locals are planning a peaceful demonstration at another location. The mayor and city council had a meeting yesterday with business owners on the square. They advised them to close their businesses for the day, and board up the windows.

This also happens to be my last day on the job at the grocery store gas station where I have worked for the last two years. It's about 3 miles away from the rally. So far all I can think of to do is to openly and loudly talk about "That Nazi party they havin over on da square, taday" with customers.

ETA: I should also possibly mention that one of the areas of town where residents self-identify as being "Da Hood" is two roads over from the square.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Going to be working some weird hours during the next month.  I am going to try to finish my last 3 unfinished stories.

Not sure what's going to happen to LDW, because one of the two main characters, well, she isn't worth writing about.  But Tales From Fat Ernies and the Universe 5 book might get done.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Apparently, the safety committee has been handed the responsibility of determining our critical spares requirements.

:retard:
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2017, 01:12:39 AM
Apparently, the safety committee has been handed the responsibility of determining our critical spares requirements.

I see no problem with this.  What could possibly go--

:nuke2:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 24, 2017, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2017, 01:12:39 AM

I see no problem with this.  What could possibly go--

:nuke2:

Problem solved.  But the safety manager, who looks like, acts like, and probably is Mr Rogers, won't come out of his office until I go home.  The safety technician, who works for him and largely orchestrated this, has taken impromptu vacation, and my boss has suggested - and this sounds familiar - that I take some anger management classes or some shit.  I manage my anger just fine.

God, it feels so good to drop the wrath again.  I don't feel as if I've really been me since 2015.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Just once, I'd like to get some video of this sort of thing. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 25, 2017, 12:31:16 PM
Just once, I'd like to get some video of this sort of thing.

I am once again in a position where even still shots are a termination offense.   :sad:
Molon Lube