Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on November 16, 2017, 03:17:20 PM
Sad to say, after many years, The Frost Heaves have broken up.  No acrimony, just run its course.

I'll be curating and uploading various albums, demos, remixes, and the like over at http://frostheaves.bandcamp.com.

Current mood: sad, but resigned to it.

:(

No more desert driving music.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO on November 16, 2017, 03:17:20 PM
Sad to say, after many years, The Frost Heaves have broken up.  No acrimony, just run its course.

I'll be curating and uploading various albums, demos, remixes, and the like over at http://frostheaves.bandcamp.com.

Current mood: sad, but resigned to it.

End of an era.

And I think the break up of The Frost Heaves is sending ripples through the universe as it took me several times to even type coherently.

LMNO

Quote from: Hoopla on November 16, 2017, 09:19:30 PM
Sorry to hear that LMNO.

That wasn’t the only band you were in though, was it?
I still have Donald., but that's more political punk. 

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 16, 2017, 09:37:42 PM
:(

No more desert driving music.

I took to the habit of multitracking our practice sessions, so there may be some posthumous releases, at least.

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 16, 2017, 11:14:54 PM

End of an era.

And I think the break up of The Frost Heaves is sending ripples through the universe as it took me several times to even type coherently.

That's what happens when you write a song about the Old Ones.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Freeky

Chelagoras The Boulder

Man, dontcha just love it when people are so concerned about you and your diabetes they make themselves a bigger nuisance than the diabetes itself?

also sorry to hear your bands breaking up, LMNO
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 19, 2017, 10:55:33 PM
Man, dontcha just love it when people are so concerned about you and your diabetes they make themselves a bigger nuisance than the diabetes itself?

also sorry to hear your bands breaking up, LMNO

Have you been getting advice from crunchies yet?

"No need for Metformin, just eat lots of kale and use essential oils."
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Cousin wants me to go vegan. Sister wants me to get a gastric bypass or something. Because supporting me in how i actually WANT to handle my diabetes would just be pure madness.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 19, 2017, 11:41:20 PM
Cousin wants me to go vegan. Sister wants me to get a gastric bypass or something. Because supporting me in how i actually WANT to handle my diabetes would just be pure madness.

Just do what the doctor says, maintain a diet diary, and tell them you'll consider their ideas.

Do not consider their ideas.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh dear.  I've just seen where the Christmas party, not the school's but the other one, is being held.  A very exclusive club for former and current members of the special forces and intelligence community.

Must...not...get...drunk...mock SAS...for...being...caught...by...Libyan..farmers...

The Wizard Joseph

Job didn't work out. Long story short I had a massive panic attack followed by uncontrollable suicidal thoughts. I admitted myself for psychiatric care and was in for a little over a week. Not sure where things go from here but I've applied for assistance with the division of vocational rehabilitation. It's a little over a month before they determine my eligibility then we'll see how things go.

I miss having wifi access all the time. I'll still be checking in from time to time as I can here and on fb.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 20, 2017, 11:40:32 PM
Job didn't work out. Long story short I had a massive panic attack followed by uncontrollable suicidal thoughts. I admitted myself for psychiatric care and was in for a little over a week. Not sure where things go from here but I've applied for assistance with the division of vocational rehabilitation. It's a little over a month before they determine my eligibility then we'll see how things go.

I miss having wifi access all the time. I'll still be checking in from time to time as I can here and on fb.

Take care of yourself.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

Sister's husband has taken to throwing screaming fits if she tries to use the internet or watch tv.  She's also informed me that she doesn't have things that are hers anymore including a laptop I got her because he breaks them.  Yet he manages to not break his crap.

She hasn't left yet because reasons.  I know it's hard, I'm not in her shoes, etc, but geh.

It will be hard to not murder him at Thanksgiving.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

My boss has completely lost her mind.

Not speaking figuratively, here.  That's two people in a row that her position has driven crazy.

I love the work, but the people are either crazy or whingers or both.
Molon Lube