News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Invisible Man on November 27, 2017, 11:33:34 PM
Your sanity is worth more than a job.

Fact.

I have some consultant crap going on for a few weeks with someone else, but time to hit the job search.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 28, 2017, 12:56:45 AM

Fact.

I have some consultant crap going on for a few weeks with someone else, but time to hit the job search.

Good luck. It's hard to tell how a job hunt in December will go... sometimes people are desperate to hire sometimes reluctant. I hope it's the former for you.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Invisible Man on November 28, 2017, 02:14:19 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 28, 2017, 12:56:45 AM

Fact.

Good luck. It's hard to tell how a job hunt in December will go... sometimes people are desperate to hire sometimes reluctant. I hope it's the former for you.

Also, half the hiring team are on vacation.  But thanks.
Molon Lube

Cain

Don Coyote

Actual thing my FIL said to my wife: "You two read too much" because we were given a book by her fucking insurance company and kind of take the word of some doctors about what is currently consider DANGEROUS don't put your fucking baby in this style of crib. Like for fucksake, our son is literally half the size she was at birth and almost a third the size of her younger brother, so excuse us if don't our baby to be put into a potential fucking deathtrap just because they both survived it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 30, 2017, 03:38:23 AM
Actual thing my FIL said to my wife: "You two read too much" because we were given a book by her fucking insurance company and kind of take the word of some doctors about what is currently consider DANGEROUS don't put your fucking baby in this style of crib. Like for fucksake, our son is literally half the size she was at birth and almost a third the size of her younger brother, so excuse us if don't our baby to be put into a potential fucking deathtrap just because they both survived it.

"You read too much"?   :crankey:
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 30, 2017, 03:49:46 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on November 30, 2017, 03:38:23 AM

"You read too much"?   :crankey:

Right? So basically, our kid isn't sleeping over at grandma and grandpa's until I see their old ass drop-side crib is gone. Even though they said they's listen to us, it smells like "uh hu sure. It's cute you kids are being so overly-protective of your baby like all new parents."
Like, we have degrees and we are older than our parents were with their first children. We might actually not be over-protective of our 4 pound baby who showed up two weeks early.

Don Coyote

Now that my wife is done incubating the spawnling and her blood sugar looks normal atm and that she's been told to stop her metformin and she doesn't need to monitor her levels, we have surplus strip. My fastings have been 113 and 116. I guess I'm going to die.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 01, 2017, 07:20:10 PM
Now that my wife is done incubating the spawnling and her blood sugar looks normal atm and that she's been told to stop her metformin and she doesn't need to monitor her levels, we have surplus strip. My fastings have been 113 and 116. I guess I'm going to die.

That's high-ish, but not crazy.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 02, 2017, 01:17:22 AM

That's exactly what my MIL said.  :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 02, 2017, 03:23:29 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 02, 2017, 01:17:22 AM

That's exactly what my MIL said.  :argh!:

When I was diagnosed, my fasting blood sugar was 177.  A1C was 8.7

116 is "watch it, buddy".
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Basically, if you're prediabetic, you have two choices:

1.  Treat yourself as if you're diabetic, and then be able to do stuff once in a while if you like.

2.  Ignore it and then never be able to have a beer or a piece of pie again.

Also, option 3:  You go blind and your toes rot.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 02, 2017, 03:56:29 AM
Basically, if you're prediabetic, you have two choices:

1.  Treat yourself as if you're diabetic, and then be able to do stuff once in a while if you like.

2.  Ignore it and then never be able to have a beer or a piece of pie again.

Also, option 3:  You go blind and your toes rot.

Well the thing is, I THOUGHT I was eating like a diabetic because I was eating like my wife. It could be midnight baby stress. My whole life is stress.

Trivial

Friend of mine has a prize winning show dog and people that want puppies.  Dog goes into labor, puppy gets stuck breech friend goes to emergency vet.  Vet wants $5,000 up front for heartbeat monitoring, imagery and a spay.  Heartbeat monitoring is unnecessary because whether puppies are alive or dead is inconsequential to needing the c-section.  Imagery isn't needed as a puppy is already stuck so whether or not the c section occurs isn't up for debate.  Because it's a breeding dog she doesn't want the spay.

All emergency vets open were from the same company and said exact same thing.  She went home and pulled the dead puppy, normal vet was then available,  c-section saved two puppies but they lost another.

Friend of hers had similar story, only vet wanted blood work on top of that. Person agreed, vet waited for blood work to get done before c section, lost all puppies  and spayed the dog.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.