News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 02, 2017, 04:18:03 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 02, 2017, 03:56:29 AM
Basically, if you're prediabetic, you have two choices:

1.  Treat yourself as if you're diabetic, and then be able to do stuff once in a while if you like.

2.  Ignore it and then never be able to have a beer or a piece of pie again.

Also, option 3:  You go blind and your toes rot.

Well the thing is, I THOUGHT I was eating like a diabetic because I was eating like my wife. It could be midnight baby stress. My whole life is stress.

So go get your A1C taken.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

While I wasn't looking, the left became puritanical.

They seem to have mistaken "havin' a good time" with "privilege", and "getting your monkey on" with "non-consensual arse-biscuitry".

I hearby resign from the WSotTC, on account off all they wound up doing was moving the tracks to a better neighborhood.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Don Coyote

I checked the Physician's Desk Reference. Turns my psych med can cause hyperglycemia.  :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 03, 2017, 05:46:52 PM
I checked the Physician's Desk Reference. Turns my psych med can cause hyperglycemia.  :argh!:

So smack it down with some metformin.  It's like $0.05/pill, and all but two of the side effects are beneficial.

The two bad ones are: 

1.  During the first two weeks, 90% chance of horrible intestinal maelstrom, which is unpleasant.  I went through this, but didn't really notice a difference.
2.  Acid ketosis can occur, but if it doesn't happen within two weeks, it won't.  You will know it if it does, on account of high fever and the super power of puking 12 feet across a room.  This is very rare, but if it happens, you have to stop taking it, because it will eventually kill you.

Any doctor will prescribe it for hyperglycemia or diabetes, because it does about 5 good things for you and only has the above possibilities.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 04, 2017, 05:02:23 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on December 03, 2017, 05:46:52 PM

So smack it down with some metformin.  It's like $0.05/pill, and all but two of the side effects are beneficial.

The two bad ones are: 

1.  During the first two weeks, 90% chance of horrible intestinal maelstrom, which is unpleasant.  I went through this, but didn't really notice a difference.
2.  Acid ketosis can occur, but if it doesn't happen within two weeks, it won't.  You will know it if it does, on account of high fever and the super power of puking 12 feet across a room.  This is very rare, but if it happens, you have to stop taking it, because it will eventually kill you.

Any doctor will prescribe it for hyperglycemia or diabetes, because it does about 5 good things for you and only has the above possibilities.

Metformin and lamictal do not play well together, in that it will cause metformin to stick around longer than it should. I'll talk to my psych about that, and maybe be getting a new primary care physician as the one I currently have fucked up the renewal for my lamictal.

Cain

I'm being made to do online training.  About radicalisation.

I'm actually doing the test, mostly for the lolz, but I'll be damned if I'm emailing my certificate to the training coordinator, when I have an entire thesis on this topic.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2017, 04:03:46 AM
I'm being made to do online training.  About radicalisation.

I'm actually doing the test, mostly for the lolz, but I'll be damned if I'm emailing my certificate to the training coordinator, when I have an entire thesis on this topic.

this is like that time I had to take online training about how to not fall for email scams.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Cain

What they didn't tell you is that the test itself was an online scam.

Cain

So, I haven't made a post on actual in the office work stupidity in a while.

Here you go:

Today, our front door broke (our day shift colleague, upon hearing the engineer wouldn't be back for a couple of hours, allowed a student to try and fix it, breaking it further, but that's another story).

So, anyone could stroll in the front door.

Our reception Xmas tree requires an extension cord to power the lights. The socket for said cord is behind the office main door, while the tree is outside. So, the cord prevents the door from locking.

We have a safe in which all the master keys for the building are kept, inside the main office. No-one ever actually locks the safe.

The door broke at some point while my colleague was on a 2 hour break, meaning in that 2 hour window literally anyone could have strolled in and taken a key giving them full access to the building without even breaking a sweat.

MMIX

LOL Cain. Your secret santa has a really weird sense of humour.
also Is it really appropriate to call it a safe if it isn't locked? Its actually just a cupboard.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

A really small, metallic cupboard with an elaborate lock.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Chelagoras The Boulder

So I went to a diabetes class this past weekend and they clarified that , no, no matter now low glycemic wine and spirits are, metformin plus alcohol equals hospital visit. So that was a fun illusion while it lasted.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."