News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Complain about upper-middle class white suburbians and there shitty takes on poor people and food, and I get unsolicited advice on literally some of things I was shitting on the Susans of the worlds about. I don't know what I expected, but god  dammit I don't want or fucking need crockpot cooking advice.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Vanadium Gryllz on January 09, 2018, 11:43:28 AM
So i'm moving to Malaysia at the end of the month. Flying out this weekend - a week in Dubai for training then a week in Vietnam visiting customers before my contract even officially starts before finally ending up in Kuala Lumpur.

Pretty excited. Kinda nervous.

Thanks to those of you who encouraged the decision. I should still be about.

Good luck, that sounds pretty awesome man. Travel safe and try and stay out of prison in Dubai.

No, seriously, don't piss anyone off there or this ends badly before it even begins.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 11, 2018, 06:56:19 PM
Complain about upper-middle class white suburbians and there shitty takes on poor people and food, and I get unsolicited advice on literally some of things I was shitting on the Susans of the worlds about. I don't know what I expected, but god  dammit I don't want or fucking need crockpot cooking advice.

I saw your thread, but I didn't see the person you were responding to.
Molon Lube

Cain

Crockpots: for when everything needs the consistency of gruel, and all the flavour of a mishmash of leftovers.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 11, 2018, 07:21:32 PM

I saw your thread, but I didn't see the person you were responding to.

My cousin and one of my army buddies, who weren't totally providing the unsolicited crockpot advice, but still it's grating.

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2018, 08:15:30 PM
Crockpots: for when everything needs the consistency of gruel, and all the flavour of a mishmash of leftovers.

Perfect for White Suburbia.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2018, 08:15:30 PM
You sir, need more chili in your life.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

What comes out of crockpots doesn't count as chilli.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

3 days in FB jail for taunting a crunchie (some "Jan" guy).

:lulz:

Cain, can you do me a favor and post that I'm out for 72 hours?
Molon Lube

Cain

Will do. Must have missed this drama too, so will look for that as well

Don Coyote

WHAT THE FUCK IS A CRUNCHIE?

AND WHEN DID I TURN ON CAPSLOCK?

AND FUCKING YOU CAN MAKE CHILI IN A FUCKING CROCKPOT, IT'S JUST SUBSTANDARD BECAUSE IT CAN EASILY TURN IN WEIRD BEAN PORRIDGE WHICH IS AWFUL I SPEAK FROM THE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING TO EAT THAT BECAUSE MY PARENTS WOULD MAKE TOO MUCH SOUP, STEW, CHILI AT A TIME AND FREEZE IT BY THE GALLON

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on January 04, 2018, 01:17:14 PM
I will admit that my concern is that she is going to deny everything, and turn it into a "he said, she said" kind of a thing.  In that situation, I would walk, even without a job to go into, the moment the references from HR allowed me to put down a deposit on renting elsewhere. 

I've already stomached more shit than I should have from management, but management is mostly a distant concern and I can ignore them due to the unsociable hours I work.  There's no-one around to tell me at 3am I should be doing pointless patrols or putting up posters that no-one will ever look at.  I would be handing over to this person on a daily basis, however.  Sooner or later I'd end up clocking her one or simply refusing to do the handover at all. 

There would also be the issue that, yes on paper it's one person's word against another.  But I'm a senior residence supervisor, with 3 years in the company, no record of making spurious allegations, no record of any form of vendetta with this staff member beyond the concerns sent about her lack of work ethic.  In that case, management refusing to take my side would be akin to saying they think I'm making shit up for some reason.  And if they really think I'm that delusional or vindictive...well, why am I being entrusted with 200+ students again?

I've sort of reached a state of zen-like detatchment about the issue, on one level.  Because of the way in which it happened, I wasn't able to vent about it for hours (I quietly fumed on a train, before concluding that no matter what, there was nothing I could do at this point and so I should concentrate on other things).  Since getting back, I've not been able to talk about it either, because no other members of staff know about this incident.  You would think that would make me feel like I'm bottling it up, but it's almost the reverse.  I already decided, on the day, what my response would be if management didn't do the right thing. 

So really I've just been waiting, to see what will happen.

It's a real shame that the result can't be filmed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 12, 2018, 05:36:28 PM
Will do. Must have missed this drama too, so will look for that as well

It was on a closed page called Mass Debaters.
Molon Lube

Cain

Ah, OK.  Obviously "squealing to the mods" is some new addition to the debate rules.

Don Coyote

Nothing quite like having to spend the fucking time to get support for my side of a disagreement that shouldn't even be a fucking issue. "No granny, your grandson is not sleeping in some 30 year old crib that's been in storage for 30 fucking years that is also a drop-side crib. I don't give a shit."