News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

No longer homeless, woo, should have internet in the next week.

Now onto arguments about decorating, herself wants to go with a contemporary style while I want literally everything in the house to be a mix of Vantablack and International Klein blue.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

So the cold calling job is working out so far. Mostly folks don't answer. I'm learning to deal with the jerks by laughing (to myself) at the sheer troll of it. Mostly folks are polite but firmly uninterested in a free Kirby demonstration. Shocking, I know. I have yet to set an appointment, but I still have the new guy effect going on. Imitating the plastic optimistic attitude is no problem.

Kinda want to look more into the Sub Genius stuff. I hate being upbeat for a living, but maybe success is not about what I like or hate.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

When you're pissed that your in-laws were totally fine with putting your infant in a fucking 30 yr old deathtrap and letting him sleep in the bassinet you brought over on HIS FUCKING STOMACH WITHOUT SUPERVISIONS but you also need them to watch him for a couple of hours next week. Also, they appeared to have allowed (forced) him to drink from the bottle until the liner had fully collapsed from the suction. And yet they think his gas was from Catherine's diet and not the FUCKING SUCKING SO MUCH AIR DOWN.

Gonna be scheduling my psych appts on the days my wife has off from now on.

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

In less ANGER news, I have lost around 20 pounds, and almost everything with starch in it tastes sweet to me.

Trivial

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 17, 2018, 06:46:03 PM
In less ANGER news, I have lost around 20 pounds, and almost everything with starch in it tastes sweet to me.

Man, bread must be like cake.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Don Coyote

sooooo we have a crib now, that I don't think we need, that I have to assemble, in our one bedroom apt, that I am sure doesn't have enough room for this crib, and I will not be willing to put it in the fucking livingroom. Said crib is also part of the "should never have been a issue but is somehow still fucking drama," and to add on to that drama her parents are mad at me for something she said to them about if I decide while assembling this crib that it isn't suitable for our son. And I probably offended both them multiple times by flat out saying that as someone who has worked in two different manufacturing fields and as a contractor, I do know more about shit like furniture. AND my mother-in-law tried to fucking argue with me about the sleeping on the stomach thing because 30 fucking years ago THAT was the advice. Like, bitch I don't give a fuck? AND if I see someone holding our son with his eyes closed when I know for a fact he works the nightshift and is 67 years old damn fucking right I am call attention to that shit. I don't give a flying fuck if you have a flat spot on your head because you fucking dropped on it. If those fucks drop him because they fell the fuck to sleep I will not be nice to these grown ass twice my fucking age adults. If this drama continues I will significantly less polite and aggressive about the care our son.

Don Coyote

AND I can't even complain about this to my mother because we have mutually disowned eachother over her causing an anxiety attack and continuing to stay married to her shitty husband, who is apparently a Trump voter.

LMNO

Don Coyote

Thanks. I'm doing what I can. I hope this gets resolved, otherwise I have to do some short notice rescheduling of an appt next week because I'm not going over there to have them watch the baby otherwise.

LMNO

Roger, I came up with a new business term: "Fostering Engagement Towards Our Goal-Setting Success."

minuspace

I don't like to complain but it's like I started already, so, partner on project I've been working on for past 14 months stole a little money and then disappeared, gone, just gone. This just two weeks before closing on first round of funding: part of the money stolen was directly from financiers. I don't know  to think, and it seems like I got tinnitus, which figures. They want to get a PI... I'm just kinda done with people.

The Wizard Joseph

Yeah. People were definitely a bad Idea from the beginning.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl