News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 31, 2018, 11:37:27 AM
I taught me first lab section yesterday

Oh right. In my absence I graduated college, got into grad school, got engaged, got laid off the week before school but that's ok because they're giving me great severance, school's paying me better and I'm too busy regardless

Also, he's playing bass in a pretty great protest band.

hooplala

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 31, 2018, 11:38:11 AM
Quote from: The Hoopla on January 31, 2018, 03:48:24 AM
I've started writing again and it feels really goddam good.

And me and the wife are looking at buying a place. So... things.

What are you working on?

A fantasy story that's been percolating in my head for a couple years. Nothing earth shattering.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

tyrannosaurus vex

In the past 6 months, I have paid mechanics in the neighborhood of $1600 to fix a problem with my car that still exists. But before you start feeling any vague sense of sympathy, I should tell you that by "mechanics" I mean the only place within a convenient distance from my house, which is Big O Tires. Maybe someday I'll learn that real mechanics do not work there, but so far, my stupidity on the matter has proven to be stubbornly persistent. On the bright side, my car overheated this morning too far away from home to take it back to that place, so now it's at a proper shop being seen to by a guy with a greasy beard, which makes him automatically more trustworthy than the fake-smiley little shit at Big O.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO on January 31, 2018, 01:02:00 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 31, 2018, 11:37:27 AM
I taught me first lab section yesterday

Oh right. In my absence I graduated college, got into grad school, got engaged, got laid off the week before school but that's ok because they're giving me great severance, school's paying me better and I'm too busy regardless

Also, he's playing bass in a pretty great protest band.

8)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

So, I might actually be able to talk about one of the secret projects I've been working on.  Have to get it vetted before I release it, of course, but it will be a good example of how large datasets, AI and counterterrorism come together.  The software in particular will have a lot of other applications, including poliical campaigns, advertising etc so even if this particular application doesn't interest you, it may still be worth a look.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
So, I might actually be able to talk about one of the secret projects I've been working on.  Have to get it vetted before I release it, of course, but it will be a good example of how large datasets, AI and counterterrorism come together.  The software in particular will have a lot of other applications, including poliical campaigns, advertising etc so even if this particular application doesn't interest you, it may still be worth a look.

I'm down.
Molon Lube

minuspace

I'd be interested in something like that, esp. if it can be scaled-down to work with smaller sets. I'm assuming it has something to do with predicting behaviour?

Cain

Will probably be a couple of weeks before it is written and cleared, but once it is I'll throw up a version of it here.

And Lucifer, surprisingly no.  You could use it that way, but only indirectly.  It's actually much cooler and more widely applicable than that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

Trivial

Quote from: LuciferX on February 03, 2018, 07:43:22 AM
I'd be interested in something like that, esp. if it can be scaled-down to work with smaller sets. I'm assuming it has something to do with predicting behaviour?

I touch many big datas, I am curious. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Cain,

Would you do me a favor and let people know I'm on a 7 day FB ban for something I posted 6 years ago?  Thanks.
Molon Lube

Cain

Will do.  A lot of that going around lately.  Was it at least something funny?

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 05, 2018, 09:58:41 PM
Cain,

Would you do me a favor and let people know I'm on a 7 day FB ban for something I posted 6 years ago?  Thanks.

Thoughts and prayers