News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

This is the post that got me banned, from 2012:

QuoteIrishmen produce twice the fecal matter that humans produce. This is why Ireland is covered in 20 pound piles of shit. It is a hyperactivity of the intestines at the expense of higher brain functions. Perhaps the most vulgar thing about the Irish is that they aren't embarrassed by being Irish; they think it's normal. Which only further serves to illustrate their degeneracy.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, turns out that there's a breed of tomato that sets off my digestive enzymes as badly as potatoes.

Had some last night at 6 PM.  Blood this morning was 169, and 164 20 minutes ago.  I could use my blood for pancake syrup right now.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 08, 2018, 12:50:37 AM
Also, turns out that there's a breed of tomato that sets off my digestive enzymes as badly as potatoes.

Had some last night at 6 PM.  Blood this morning was 169, and 164 20 minutes ago.  I could use my blood for pancake syrup right now.

Fuck. I thought my shitty sugar for the day was bad.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 08, 2018, 01:09:45 AM

Part of the whole thing is experimenting when you've been stable for a while.  I've been averaging 105 for a few months, so try tomatoes.

*BOOM*

Nope.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 08, 2018, 01:32:52 AM

Part of the whole thing is experimenting when you've been stable for a while.  I've been averaging 105 for a few months, so try tomatoes.

*BOOM*

Nope.

I made the mistake of being polite to my in-laws, who are fucking diabetic and my MIL is on insulin, and eating a small amount of Chinese takeout. My sugar was 141 when I went to bed and was between 121 and 156 all fucking day.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 08, 2018, 03:42:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 08, 2018, 01:32:52 AM

*BOOM*

Nope.

I made the mistake of being polite to my in-laws, who are fucking diabetic and my MIL is on insulin, and eating a small amount of Chinese takeout. My sugar was 141 when I went to bed and was between 121 and 156 all fucking day.

You CAN have Chinese food, if you can figure out which ingredients are setting you off.

I can have General Tso's chicken, for example, but orange chicken is just a box of self-abuse.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Wifey and I bought a condo!

I am slowly becoming part of The Machine.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

POFP

A customer submitted a support case with my organization using an automated system that includes one of those AIs that start chats with you on the webpage if you're waiting for a response. Well, even though the AI Chat window blatantly states that it's not a real person, the customer argued with it as if it were. When it told the customer that it is "Still learning" since it's "only been alive since 2017," she responded with "Oh, that is such an excuse."  :lulz:

She also felt the need to tell it that she gets "mad easy," and then decided to curse at it, but with exclamation points and underscores  :lulz:

Our team is losing our shit right now, because she's also misusing the case submission system, and resubmitting her chats as a case with updated portions of the conversation. So we're just getting a steady stream of unusable tickets that are chuck full of  :lulz:

EDIT: She just fucking apologized to the AI. Which made me realize that if/when AI do want to take over the world, they will do so without much resistance.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Some say the best revenge is living well.

*I* say the best revenge is hiring all the best talent off of your former employer.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, I presented some things to the board today.  It went well, all things considered.  I showed them horror, and they said "how much to fix it?"

I told them, and they said "Okay."

This isn't natural, really.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: PoFP on February 08, 2018, 10:03:10 PM
A customer submitted a support case with my organization using an automated system that includes one of those AIs that start chats with you on the webpage if you're waiting for a response. Well, even though the AI Chat window blatantly states that it's not a real person, the customer argued with it as if it were. When it told the customer that it is "Still learning" since it's "only been alive since 2017," she responded with "Oh, that is such an excuse."  :lulz:

She also felt the need to tell it that she gets "mad easy," and then decided to curse at it, but with exclamation points and underscores  :lulz:

Our team is losing our shit right now, because she's also misusing the case submission system, and resubmitting her chats as a case with updated portions of the conversation. So we're just getting a steady stream of unusable tickets that are chuck full of  :lulz:

EDIT: She just fucking apologized to the AI. Which made me realize that if/when AI do want to take over the world, they will do so without much resistance.

Tell her the bot has been reported to HR for sensitivity training.

Cain

So, the co-worker who broke into my flat apologised to me today.

I think my reaction is best summed up by this smiley:  :kingmeh:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2018, 04:07:38 AM
So, the co-worker who broke into my flat apologised to me today.

I think my reaction is best summed up by this smiley:  :kingmeh:

"I'm sorry I broke into your room and stole your stuff to buy rock, but I am very sensitive and the world is hard."
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah.  She also wrote me an email (which I've not read) and bought me a present to say sorry (which I've not looked at).  6 weeks after the event, no less.