Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on March 21, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2018, 03:52:54 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on March 20, 2018, 03:37:58 PM
Down to 211 from 235-240. Turns out raising a kid and cutting out all that sugar/carbs is a weight loss plan.

So is writing down everything you eat, so you can shame yourself out of a trip to the fridge.

Diabetics:  Bad people AND OCD.

I'm hoping to avoid that, the writing things down thing, I already shame myself out trips to the fridge or buying certain things at the store.

It's more important than metformin.  169% dead serious.  It is the difference between a 5.5 A1C and getting toes amputated.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 21, 2018, 11:50:54 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2018, 04:41:59 AM
I am disturbed by the fact that I now wear suits or "business casual" more often than jeans & a black tee shirt.  And that my engineer boots have been under the bed for weeks.

This can't be good for me.

WELCOME.

Thanks!  WHY DO I FEEL SO DIRTY?
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2018, 12:48:52 AM
Down to 211 from 235-240. Turns out raising a kid and cutting out all that sugar/carbs is a weight loss plan.

So is writing down everything you eat, so you can shame yourself out of a trip to the fridge.

I'm hoping to avoid that, the writing things down thing, I already shame myself out trips to the fridge or buying certain things at the store.

It's more important than metformin.  169% dead serious.  It is the difference between a 5.5 A1C and getting toes amputated.

God. My fucking mil everytime I mention how my sugar's been or what my A1C is: "Why are you worried? Those great numbers." For a fucking diabetic maybe. My A1C is 5.7 which is still prediabetic but it's so far the "well check every 6mon to a year" not "well every 3 months we want your blood you degenerate sugar fiend."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on March 23, 2018, 01:06:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2018, 12:48:52 AM

God. My fucking mil everytime I mention how my sugar's been or what my A1C is: "Why are you worried? Those great numbers." For a fucking diabetic maybe. My A1C is 5.7 which is still prediabetic but it's so far the "well check every 6mon to a year" not "well every 3 months we want your blood you degenerate sugar fiend."

Mine is 5.6, which only requires 2 MORE pills a day, monk-like discipline, and starvation.

What's amazing is that I used to take drugs to fuck myself up, and now I take them to be LESS fucked up.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

In short, if you're prediabetic, you can act like you're diabetic and occasionally have a beer, or you can ignore it and never have a beer again.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: trix on March 20, 2018, 03:39:10 PM
So a break-in happened a few houses down from my girlfriend's parents house, and the police were going around asking the neighbors if they saw anything.  They got to my gf's parents, and knocked on the door.  Gf's mom opens the door and greets the officer, and while they are talking, the family dog manages to escape.  The dog (Buster) got out onto the porch and was growling at the cop, and the cop decided to go right up to Buster and try to grab him.  Buster nipped the cop on the ankle and backed off.  Cop swears, takes a step back, pulls out his pistol, and in what is clearly an act of revenge and absolutely not self-defense, shoots Buster three times, killing him.

Cop goes to hospital, plays it up like the wound (which I was told barely broke the skin) was a huge thing.  The family, hysterical and wrecked (major animal lovers), file a formal complaint with the police department.  The police department, I'm guessing to strengthen their case in case they get sued, FINE the family a bunch of money for "out of control animal" AND charge them for the hospital bill despite the wound not requiring stitches or anything more than a fucking band-aid.

Buster, the 9 year old Australian Shepard, was a friendly family dog.  Great with kids, loved people, and was protective of his property from strangers.  He was absolutely NOT any sort of menace.  There wasn't a mean bone in his body.

And people wonder why I hate the police as much as I do.

This is why opening the door when the cops visit is a bad idea.  If you have a dog you absolutely should require a warrant, for the dog's safety.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2018, 12:49:12 AM
I am disturbed by the fact that I now wear suits or "business casual" more often than jeans & a black tee shirt.  And that my engineer boots have been under the bed for weeks.

WELCOME.

Because humans were not meant to live like this.

axod

Quote from: LMNO on March 23, 2018, 11:42:16 AM

WELCOME.

Sometimes, I let my clothes go to lunch without me.
just this

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 23, 2018, 11:42:16 AM

WELCOME.

Stomping in Italian shoes is just plain wrong.  It's not satisfying.  It feels as if I am just mailing it in.  :sadbanana:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So my common areas manager, we'll just call her "Linda", is a bundle of anxiety and bad wiring.  She can run a crew, but it's more or less the absolute limit of her capabilities on a good day.  Anyway, she fucks up really, really badly.  Like "the board wants her ass on toast" bad.  To make a long story short, she had her crew strip about 6 acres of landscaping to make weed control easier.  Which must have seemed like a good idea at the time.  I guess.

I step in and haul her out of the fire, at no small effort or indeed "cost to my own standing", despite the fact that she and her entire department are being transferred to another (new) director on April 2nd.

She spends the next 3 days jumping at shadows.  I tell her to relax.  Things seem to be okay.

Then the HR lady tells me that she, this morning, has complained about me for "not taking her situation seriously" and for "talking to one of her guys without talking to her first" (the discussion was a purely personal one about which military units we had been in, as opposed to work issues), and she now seems to think that I am to blame somehow for her egregiously insane fuck up in the first place.

Obviously, at this point she is entirely on her own.

So when you wonder why upper management seems to be full of complete pricks, now you know.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

:lulz:

In other news, I just got an email from Comcast telling me that I have used 90% of my GB allowance for this month.

There is no GB allowance in my contract.

Fuckers have started already.
Molon Lube