News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Trivial on April 17, 2018, 04:34:29 PM
Friend of a friend was in some PTSD study that involved MDMA.

I had never considered that one, but it does also appear to have Sigma Receptor activity. Specifically, it appears to over-activate Sigma-1 Receptors at recreational doses (In that reversing this action seems to decrease the drug's side effects), meaning it would likely activate them at realistic levels at the therapeutic (lower) dose. I'm definitely thinking some sort of interplay between Sigma-1 receptor agonism and increases in monoamine transmission (Dopamine, Serotonin, etc.) are the main causes for the therapeutic effects of these drugs at this point. I suspect a combination of Dextromethorphan and small amounts of Hyperforin (Found in St. John's Wart) might be adequate OTC treatments for both PTSD and Depression. Only small amounts of the Hyperforin would be recommended, as too much Serotonin transmission causes Serotonin Syndrome.

Hopefully the MDMA and Ketamine trials work out as well, as they would likely be stronger treatments when combined with the usual therapy.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

So I honked and gave a thumbs up to several groups of pro-education protestors on the way home from work.

Then it occurred to me to ask "what kind of society needs to protest in favor of education?"
Molon Lube

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Frontside Back

In a far away country my physical body happens to reside in, the media has been attacking a certain celebrity for their methamphetamine (read: pervitin) use for weeks now. Bringing such a topic to a public discourse gets my cockroach-senses tingling. How long do I have to flee the country?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cain

If it's the country I'm thinking of, you should point out to your co-nationalists that an awful lot of Soviets were killed by dudes on pervitin.  Taking it is practically patriotic.

Frontside Back

Nationalism on meth, what could possibly go wrong  :lulz:

And with all the hippies upgrading their toy drugs, they'd have lot more people to lure into the carnage.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

minuspace

Your Honor, defense proffers that the District Attorney presents itself as the "Doctor of convenience" in evidence for discovery thereof.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Speaking of Nazis, check out this diary https://imgur.com/a/22mHD

In the space of 2 months, Hoffman goes from "we will crush the untermenschen Russians" to "we will be lucky to get out alive".  There's also bonus whining about Russia's "gangster methods".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 19, 2018, 02:09:43 PM
Speaking of Nazis, check out this diary https://imgur.com/a/22mHD

In the space of 2 months, Hoffman goes from "we will crush the untermenschen Russians" to "we will be lucky to get out alive".  There's also bonus whining about Russia's "gangster methods".

This should be printed everywhere, because everyone seems to have forgotten how this always ends.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, I'm writing again.

I have decided to try something that is both optimistic and horrifying.  1st chapter up on Monday evening.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 21, 2018, 05:25:54 AM
So, I'm writing again.

I have decided to try something that is both optimistic and horrifying.  1st chapter up on Monday evening.

Yay!  :banana:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hirley0

Quote from: LuciferX on April 19, 2018, 02:04:28 AM
Your Honor, defense proffers that the District Attorney presents itself as the "Doctor of convenience" in evidence for discovery thereof.

Cain

So, it turns out the penalty for breaking and entering into someone's flat is...a written warning.

At least it is apparently the case...I don't know because no-one has actually officially told me.  I had to rely on my co-worker to pass on the gossip.

minuspace