News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 21, 2018, 05:25:54 AM
So, I'm writing again.

I have decided to try something that is both optimistic and horrifying.  1st chapter up on Monday evening.

Wonderful!

I'm trying something as well, but I want to see if I can get 25% through before sharing.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 21, 2018, 10:47:11 PM
So, it turns out the penalty for breaking and entering into someone's flat is...a written warning.

At least it is apparently the case...I don't know because no-one has actually officially told me.  I had to rely on my co-worker to pass on the gossip.

So, any word on a new job?  Because.... yeah.

Cain

I keep on applying.  I've also packed up a good 50% of my room, and I'm going to work on the other 50% in the next few days. 

Also, the meeting was Friday, early afternoon, and it's now Monday.  Still no email informing me of the outcome.

Bruno

Somebody's getting puddin in jail-o.

3 guesses who, and the first two don't count.

:lulz:
Formerly something else...

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bruno

Trivial

I think country music started sucking when they stopped signing about prison.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Bruno

I've never been a fan of country music, but the stuff coming out these days makes the older stuff sound almost good in comparison. I've come close to just dropping an armload of stuff and running out of the Dollar General with my hands over my ears.

I could literally write a country music song about that, and it would be a better song than that shit.

LMNO

I dare you to do that.  It's honestly harder than it looks like to write a goodbad country song.

Bruno

It would literally be just a list of things I was carrying, and/or things I saw at the store arranged so that they would rhyme occasionally.

Maybe if I find some time this weekend....

ETA: also, at least 70% of the rhymes would be between the word "dollar" and the word "holler". If I really wanted to be "clever" I would use the word "holler" to mean "to yell" sometimes, and to mean "A small rising valley region between two hills or mountains" other times.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Emo Howard on May 03, 2018, 08:24:38 PM
It would literally be just a list of things I was carrying, and/or things I saw at the store arranged so that they would rhyme occasionally.

Maybe if I find some time this weekend....

For inspiration, look up "Howling Willie Cunt - World of filth"

Offensive Country music is an art form.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Don Coyote

Fixing to try out an actual med used to treat ptsd.

Cain

So, my solictor and I have drafted a letter of grievance over the whole break-in incident.

Fun starts on Monday. Solicitor thinks I could angle for constructive dismissal, but he recommends it as a final option, due to the way work tribunals are these days (lol tories).

The police have also been informed, so that's adding some pressure into the mix.  It will take a while to build, but I'm looking forward to the police dropping by the main offices to pick up the papers on the disciplinary process.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on May 04, 2018, 08:41:33 AM
So, my solictor and I have drafted a letter of grievance over the whole break-in incident.

Fun starts on Monday. Solicitor thinks I could angle for constructive dismissal, but he recommends it as a final option, due to the way work tribunals are these days (lol tories).

The police have also been informed, so that's adding some pressure into the mix.  It will take a while to build, but I'm looking forward to the police dropping by the main offices to pick up the papers on the disciplinary process.

Best of luck Cain, if they have a standard HR doc with the template "Any action criminal or otherwise that brings the company into disrepute" they wont have a leg to stand on.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

The solicitor noted the discplinary procedure was curiously....lacking, but there is indeed a section which states that.  I raised it myself, with my own management, who I think are sympathetic to the argument (they themselves were not part of the decision making, and were not, apparently, made aware of the decision either).

But there's a whole long list of things they can demand immediate dismissal or transfer for. And a lot of those involve theft, gross misconduct or bringing the company into disrepute.