News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2018, 09:30:34 PM
So, the Houston shooter was a Nazi. 

I am shocked.

What an unusual twist!

What was making me laugh was the byline that was something like "deadliest shooting since feb '18". You fucks can't even manage six months good-ish behaviour.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Had a helicoptor circling around outside for about the past 30 minutes.  Guess someone important was finally murdered by an idiot on this road or something.

Doktor Howl

I am, today, extra-bitter about all of the bogus apocalypse predictions from 2012 forward.  :rogpipe:
Molon Lube

Faust

We're having the referendum on abortion today. We have a clause in our constitution saying Mother and child have equal rights to life. This blocked abortion completely in Ireland, and had a side effect that a woman has to literally be approaching death before doctors will intervene to end a pregnancy (they let a woman get septicemia rather then perform the abortion to save her life and she died which sort of triggered today's vote).
I've voted yes to remove this clause, because I trust women to know when they need an abortion (for whatever reason, not just health). But I suspect this is probably the last time they could call this referendum and have a high chance it wont go through.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Faust on May 25, 2018, 08:58:31 AM
We're having the referendum on abortion today. We have a clause in our constitution saying Mother and child have equal rights to life. This blocked abortion completely in Ireland, and had a side effect that a woman has to literally be approaching death before doctors will intervene to end a pregnancy (they let a woman get septicemia rather then perform the abortion to save her life and she died which sort of triggered today's vote).
I've voted yes to remove this clause, because I trust women to know when they need an abortion (for whatever reason, not just health). But I suspect this is probably the last time they could call this referendum and have a high chance it wont go through.

Good luck. Somehow I have a surprising amount of Irish or Irish-adjacent content on my Twitter feed, so I woke up to a ton of posts about this.

Cain

Have fun throwing eggs at the American anti-abortion activists who have decided to go to Ireland to, uh, tell the Irish what they think they should do.  Huh.  Well, that's always worked out well historically, foreigners telling Irish people what to do.

Faust

That has actually been really funny, we have staunch anti abortion die hards in this country, and even they were out for blood when they found out foreign money was behind posters and foreign canvassers were coming in. It triggers the "800 years" reflex nationalism that at this point has become genetic.

There's talk of charging them on filing for a holiday visa under false pretenses, they may all end up with a criminal charge.

Doktor Howl

Not much in the way of sleep last night.  I feel as if I am walking around with Chris Christie strapped to my back.  :(
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Faust on May 25, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
That has actually been really funny, we have staunch anti abortion die hards in this country, and even they were out for blood when they found out foreign money was behind posters and foreign canvassers were coming in. It triggers the "800 years" reflex nationalism that at this point has become genetic.

There's talk of charging them on filing for a holiday visa under false pretenses, they may all end up with a criminal charge.
Okay, now that's just lovely.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 25, 2018, 02:04:50 PM
Quote from: Faust on May 25, 2018, 08:58:31 AM

Good luck. Somehow I have a surprising amount of Irish or Irish-adjacent content on my Twitter feed, so I woke up to a ton of posts about this.

I read that dual-citizenship and other overseas Irish are flying back for the vote.

Faust

Yes, 50k people left since 2007 because of the economic crises a lot are flying back, and there are loads of duel nationality who live abroad who are eligible to vote if they lived here in the last few years.

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on May 25, 2018, 04:31:54 PM
Quote from: Faust on May 25, 2018, 03:56:08 PM

Okay, now that's just lovely.

Part of it is that fear that's there since Russia/Cambridge Analytics/Facebook meddling with elections theres bean a reactionary fear to any money coming in from overseas to push an agenda, the anti-abortion side have been propped up by the US, but the same reaction would be there for any nation trying it. There were also semi-professional anti abortion canvassers flown in, they are the ones who might get charged, I don't agree with charging them with a crime, but I also don't agree with paid scabs being flown in.

I'm sure the pro-choice side were doing the same thing but they were either better at hiding it, or didnt get funded as much.

Faust

I should clarify, the scabs who might get charged were 8 people who've been here for the last month going door to door. None of the people flying home to vote are.

The Wizard Joseph

I finally got myself decent employment today! I'll be working in a local bakery just a few blocks from where I live. It's through a staffing agency right now but after 3 months of good work they should hire me in.

It's been almost two years since I last held a real, well paying, full time job. It's third shift so I'm going to be doing A LOT of adjustment for the next few months, but I'm finally getting back to being able to take care of myself again after years of crippling depression. This is a huge step in the process of my recovery. I'm excited!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 26, 2018, 12:00:15 AM
I finally got myself decent employment today! I'll be working in a local bakery just a few blocks from where I live. It's through a staffing agency right now but after 3 months of good work they should hire me in.

It's been almost two years since I last held a real, well paying, full time job. It's third shift so I'm going to be doing A LOT of adjustment for the next few months, but I'm finally getting back to being able to take care of myself again after years of crippling depression. This is a huge step in the process of my recovery. I'm excited!

Advice for working graves:

1.  Go to bed the moment you get home.
2.  Don't drink coffee until midnight.
3.  Forget all about alcohol.
Molon Lube