You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 26, 2018, 12:30:13 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 26, 2018, 12:00:15 AM
I finally got myself decent employment today! I'll be working in a local bakery just a few blocks from where I live. It's through a staffing agency right now but after 3 months of good work they should hire me in.

It's been almost two years since I last held a real, well paying, full time job. It's third shift so I'm going to be doing A LOT of adjustment for the next few months, but I'm finally getting back to being able to take care of myself again after years of crippling depression. This is a huge step in the process of my recovery. I'm excited!

Advice for working graves:

1.  Go to bed the moment you get home.
2.  Don't drink coffee until midnight.
3.  Forget all about alcohol.
Thanks for the advice!
I'll keep that in mind. The alcohol thing is easy because I don't drink very often anyway, a few rants aside.

For the most part I should be able to crash right away, barring appointments and errands. As for coffee I take Vyvanse, an amphetamine derived stimulant, I  should be able to just power through most nights without coffee. I do love me some coffee though.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

How to get kicked off a Jordan Peterson board:

Step 1:
Quote"Okay: Imagine it's a Saturday, and you are hugging your knees in the shower and crying, because you realized that the government is never actually going to provide a pussy ration. The radio, though is playing Morrissey - the crown prince of sad - and he tells you that deaf girls are terrible at warning people of disaster and that it sucks to be famous because your friends all hate you for having new shirts. So instead of cutting your wrists the long way, you instead get out of the shower and use EXTRA eyeliner because the world is full of bastards and you don't care.

And THAT, my friends, is postmodernism."

Step 2:
QuoteElliot Rodgers was a lunatic.
Molon Lube

Cain

Step 1 is especially important, for nightshift.  Related to that, keep regular sleep times.  Nothing will fuck you up as fast as playing around with your sleep pattern, before you know it, all your time off will be lost due to shitty sleep schedules, if you're not careful.

Take it from someone who is now in their 3rd year of night shift work.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm going to try staying up all night and taking my meds in the evening today to prep myself for when I go in for the first time tomorrow night. I will likely be on this shift for the forseeable future. I think that getting into the pattern of sleeping right away when I get off shouldn't be too hard to do. The way the blinds are in my bedroom allows a LOT of light in. Going to have to find a way to adjust to that.

I'm in a mentality where failure is not an option. "I WILL adjust" is what I tell myself. This is an opportunity that I need in my life. I've spent so much time dependant on the system and the kindness of my family. It's been a humbling experience that I've grown from, but all I want is to get my independence back.

I'm told that the job is hot too. On its own not a big deal, but I'm out of shape and sweat like hell when I walk more than a mile or so. I'll have a bandanna to keep it out of my eyes, but I expect to be soaked when I get done each day until I adjust. It's going to be a hot, tiring, sleep deprived summer, but I'm feeling like I would work in hell itself if I could walk there every day. I don't have a vehicle anymore so the opportunity to work nearby for a decent wage is almost... Nah I will just outright call it a Godsend. I'm sure not going to take it for granted at any rate.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Joe Cosby, one of the greatest ranters in the CotSG, died early yesterday morning.

I've know this guy on Usenet and then FB for something like 20 years.   :cry:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 29, 2018, 02:28:33 AM
Joe Cosby, one of the greatest ranters in the CotSG, died early yesterday morning.

:sad:

I have had him as a fb "friend" for several years. It's not like I knew him personally, but he was always posting insightful content or just wonderful weirdness. I'm sad to hear of his unexpected passing. I'm also sad to see you saddened by the passing of a friend. Hang in there Roger. Was he a regular poster here? Like could a memorial thread with links to his content be set up, or would that not be appropriate?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Had a pretty good first night of work. I'm exhausted but not wrecked. I moved hundreds of 35 lb bags of bread crumbs and palletized them. I'm basically being paid to work out, which I need almost more than the money... almost. I feel like I really accomplished something for myself today. I begin to let myself believe that the worst of the depression is over and my life will recover. I'm extraordinarily grateful for the folks, friends, and other support systems that made my recovery back from suicidal depression possible. I have to also give myself credit for the great deal of hard work I put into my recovery. My councilors have told me that I don't give myself enough credit and have frequently encouraged me to do so.

I feel like I just got out of "the crack" Roger wrote about in Little Orange... I think I got the title right. I need to read it again I think.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 29, 2018, 01:32:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 29, 2018, 02:28:33 AM

:sad:

I have had him as a fb "friend" for several years. It's not like I knew him personally, but he was always posting insightful content or just wonderful weirdness. I'm sad to hear of his unexpected passing. I'm also sad to see you saddened by the passing of a friend. Hang in there Roger. Was he a regular poster here? Like could a memorial thread with links to his content be set up, or would that not be appropriate?

I was about to ask if he was on FB, as I recall seeing his name come up now and then in some people's feeds.  Sorry for your loss, guys.

Doktor Howl

Roseann's show got cancelled because she apparently couldn't listen to LMNO and the Department of Silence, and just HAD to sing out with her hatred of Blacks and Muslims.

Called this months ago.
Molon Lube

Cain

And bonus groundless Soros accusations.

One day, someone is going to have to tell the story of how Soros became the boogieman for the American right (it involves Glenn Beck mainstreaming militia conspiracy fodder, for those wondering).

Zenpatista

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2018, 09:28:41 PM
And bonus groundless Soros accusations.

One day, someone is going to have to tell the story of how Soros became the boogieman for the American right (it involves Glenn Beck mainstreaming militia conspiracy fodder, for those wondering).

Somehow I read that as "mainlining militia conspiracy fodder". I'm not sure, but I think the misreading is an improvement. I could see Beck racking up rows of conspiracy powder while Alex Jones is in the background snorting lines off of a bump stock.

Cain

It's pretty much the same thing.  Substandard shock jocks cut their political talk show act with a bit of conspiracy....but then they get a taste for it and get addicted.   Before they know it, they're snorting down whatever crap they can find, even if it was made by Nazis and cut with rat poison.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on May 30, 2018, 03:26:07 PM
It's pretty much the same thing.  Substandard shock jocks cut their political talk show act with a bit of conspiracy....but then they get a taste for it and get addicted.   Before they know it, they're snorting down whatever crap they can find, even if it was made by Nazis and cut with rat poison.

Mainline demon, alien, nephilim shit or GTFO!!!
:fnord: :fnord:
:fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Chelagoras The Boulder

Had an interview with a new mental health agency. I haven't signed a job offer yet, but i seemed to ace the interview, because they gave me some livescan forms, and their running my driving history, so i think i basically got it. Announcing it here so my fucking bosses cant see it.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."