News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

HR bailed on their meeting with me in regards to my grievance, notifying me about an hour before it was due to happen, and rescheduling for next week.

For those keeping track, this incident happened 6 months and 1 week ago.

Doktor Howl

I now have incontrovertible evidence that two of my guys are ghosting hours on the weekend.

So that's two open job slots, and I have a great deal of work to be done.  :tgrr:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Fuck it.  It is what it is.  Or as Cain quoted like 8 years ago:

QuoteWhat is true is already so.
Owning up to it doesn't make it worse.
Not being open about it doesn't make it go away.
And because it's true, it is what is there to be interacted with.
Anything untrue isn't there to be lived.
People can stand what is true,
for they are already enduring it.
—Eugene Gendlin
Molon Lube

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Ziegejunge

Thank you to past-Cain and present-Doc for that Gendlin quote. It arrived at an opportune time for me. Happy Friday, y'all.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 01, 2018, 09:15:40 AM
Ghosting means working off the clock, right?

No, it means being on the clock when you're not at work.
Molon Lube

rong

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 31, 2018, 11:40:29 PM
Fuck it.  It is what it is.  Or as Cain quoted like 8 years ago:

QuoteWhat is true is already so.
Owning up to it doesn't make it worse.
Not being open about it doesn't make it go away.
And because it's true, it is what is there to be interacted with.
Anything untrue isn't there to be lived.
People can stand what is true,
for they are already enduring it.
—Eugene Gendlin

That's a fabulous quote.  Proof is that you remembered it for like 8 years
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2018, 04:01:11 PM

Ah, I'd never heard the phrase, so I googled it and the first result I saw had it the other way around.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 01, 2018, 06:12:00 PM

Ah, I'd never heard the phrase, so I googled it and the first result I saw had it the other way around.

A ghost on the payroll is a salary for someone that doesn't exist, and is actually funneled to someone else.
Ghosting hours is being clocked in when you're not at work, collecting pay.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

A ghost on the payroll is a salary for someone that doesn't exist, and is actually funneled to someone else.

That certainly makes more sense than you firing someone for working for free.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 01, 2018, 06:29:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

That certainly makes more sense than you firing someone for working for free.

That is also not permitted, as the state labor board assumes that you are coercing them into working for free.

However, it's not an automatic termination, and it's not being fired for cause.
Molon Lube

Zenpatista

So I got stuck cleaning out a walk in fridge / freezer. The freezer room in the back has been especially full of surprises. This is in an old (1960s era) biological science building. So far, I've encountered a lot of mold, tritium labeled sugars, highly toxic proteins (like ricin, but from a different plant), and an open vial of 32P labeled ATP. The good news is that the tritium labeled stuff was barely radioactive and sealed up correctly. The 32P-ATP was about a decade old so probably no longer at the 100 mCi on the label and even the original amount is not bad if you're handling it correct. As a wise man often says, "This is all normal." What I really wanted to share was this pic though. https://postimg.cc/image/x8j85dpgt/

I don't know this Kang character, but my compliments on the Easter egg.

Cain

Quote from: Zenpatista on June 02, 2018, 06:50:36 PM
I don't know this Kang character, but my compliments on the Easter egg.

He's a warlord from Dimension X

Doktor Howl

Colby Dykes, a friend of mine on FB, got all crazy and did THIS.  I must respond.

QuoteOh, to speak of Sam Tarwell.

To tell of his life is to risk summoning cthulhu for the purpose of telling it to lick your barnacle covered taint, but I'll attempt it anyway, Nyarlathotep be dammed.

In school he was as mediocre as one could possibly be, if you overlook him killing half his classmates by making chemical weapons in math class, killing another half by building a genocidal AI in choir, and the last half from causing internal bleeding by giving them all unending "pink bellies" in gym. He was mediocre because there was no one left to compare him to, therefore leaving him no one to be averaged against.

In the military he was awarded 35 individual medals for his mission to *-----redacted---* in the year *------redacted----* for the purpose of *-----redacted----*. Reading that mission report will cause your eyes to bleed with patriotism, which is now being referred to by doctors as "rapid onset ocular cancer", but that's commie talk and fuck them.

His life after the military is fulfilling in its own right, as he holds the lives and well being of several hundred wealthy senior citizens in the palm of his hands. He occasionally executes them on a whim, as tin pot dictators living in Tucson Arizona are known to do. Sometimes he feeds them to the homeless, sometimes he lets piranhas loose in the pool, and other times he simply steers the more visually impaired ones towards woodchippers and let's them do it themselves.

He is a walking version of "the aristocratics!" Joke, but only if it is was written by Bob Sagat and read aloud by bobcat goldthwait while he gargles a big glass of Tim conways jizzum.

He is a man who will be greatly missed now that he is gone. He's not dead mind you, he has simply escaped the facility and has therefore doomed us all to an awful awful death as he sabotages every water treatment plant in America, and reroutes all sewage lines into the city water. With the exception of flint Michigan that is, which he will singlehandedly repair. In Sam's own words "they've suffered enough, now it's everyone else's turn.".

Farewell and Godspeed you magnificent fuck.

Farewell.
Molon Lube

Cain