Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 08, 2018, 09:09:21 AM
Christ, I shouldn't drink, it makes me a mopey SOB. What set me off as well was I got a call from the army (Greek) saying I need to do my service, of which I responded with "yeah, no, I'm not doing that", they basically said I can't go back to Greece without being picked up and drafted into basic training.
I wasn't planning on going back any time soon, but it still bummed me out.

Oh, yeah.  I know a couple of guys who are dodging ICE because they skipped service in Mexico.  So they're sort of between the devil and the deep blue sea.

And pouring booze on a specific problem, I DO endorse.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Printed out about 300 flyers. This was a poor decision. For reference:

I ran out at Stuart St. Barely a block after the first turn.

Cain

When in doubt, the number of fliers produced should be OVER 9000

Q. G. Pennyworth

Smashed my hand but good in the door yesterday. Old client killed my access to photoshop. I've got InDesign still running but the next time windows decides to restart that'll be closed so I'm trying to smash together some multifolds and new pages before I lose access for a bit.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Handed in my Letter of Resignation at work today. I'm the second person to do so in the past week, so I think the bosses are worried about a mass exodus...again.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Apply peer pressure to former co-workers.  "Go on, quit...all the cool kids are doing it."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Faust on June 08, 2018, 09:09:21 AM
Christ, I shouldn't drink, it makes me a mopey SOB. What set me off as well was I got a call from the army (Greek) saying I need to do my service, of which I responded with "yeah, no, I'm not doing that", they basically said I can't go back to Greece without being picked up and drafted into basic training.
I wasn't planning on going back any time soon, but it still bummed me out.

Getting kicked out of an army is a life experience. Why are you depriving yourself? If you last more than a couple of days pull a Shawn Nelson and you'll be out in no time.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Maybe one day, I don't speak Greek so it wouldn't be the easiest (that's not a disqualification though). There's not a hope of work being OK with that, I don't remember ever being busier, we're seriously considering supply as well as energy demand services, so there's a lot of research to be done on that.
I'd have to spend the time in Greece, service can be anywhere between 1-6 Months unless a war breaks out in which case you end up in active service. They don't provide even a basic income, just food and accommodation so that would leave herself with the mortgage unless I saved up enough to cover it for a long period.
They are basically an alien nation, getting kicked out wouldn't offset the fact that I have only a passing relationship with the country.  What really got my goat is; My mother and father broke up when I was six, my mother moved to another part of Greece and tried to start a new life, she didn't want to come back to Ireland, but as a woman they wouldn't let her work more then 20 hours a week, which made it impossible to support me, my brother and her. Hence why we left. The Country that offered no support to my family has the galling audacity to now think that I in some way owe them service.

I don't consider myself Greek, I'm Irish, if I was to have service to a nation it would be here, to ideologies of neutrality that I respect. I don't recognize them as having any authority over me. If that means never setting foot back there again, fine. Anyway, rant over.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

I'm steadily getting used to the raw physical nature of my work. The first couple of weeks saw me REALLY wrecked after a shift, and now I'm merely exhausted after doing a two person palletizing job by myself for 8 hours. Probably be doing the same thing again tonight. I've worked 4 days a week so far and clear about $300 a week after taxes. Compared to what I'm used to this is an exorbitant amount of money. I'm going to save as much of it as I can and try to get a vehicle before the contract ends in October. Then I'll have more options for employment.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on June 13, 2018, 01:40:17 PM
I'm steadily getting used to the raw physical nature of my work. The first couple of weeks saw me REALLY wrecked after a shift, and now I'm merely exhausted after doing a two person palletizing job by myself for 8 hours. Probably be doing the same thing again tonight. I've worked 4 days a week so far and clear about $300 a week after taxes. Compared to what I'm used to this is an exorbitant amount of money. I'm going to save as much of it as I can and try to get a vehicle before the contract ends in October. Then I'll have more options for employment.

Watch your back.  I mean your literal back.
Molon Lube

Cain

Just don't literally watch it, because that will lead to neck problems.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 13, 2018, 05:07:44 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on June 13, 2018, 01:40:17 PM

Watch your back.  I mean your literal back.

I am, thanks. I stretch and use the best body mechanics the situation permits. I also just bought some Naproxen to help with swelling and various aches. My body has limits and I listen to them. But nothing has been pulled or torn. At the moment that I'm typing this with about 440mg of Naproxen in my system I feel pretty good overall.

Quote from: Cain on June 13, 2018, 05:18:09 PM
Just don't literally watch it, because that will lead to neck problems.

:lulz: :lulz: Got it!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Make sure you have low-to-moderate alcohol intake with naproxen.  It can really fuck up the liver.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on June 13, 2018, 07:20:29 PM
Make sure you have low-to-moderate alcohol intake with naproxen.  It can really fuck up the liver.

That goes with any anti-inflammatory.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Board is fucking up, it keeps saying that the message body of a post is blank when it's not.

In the theology thread.  I just wrote out a response and it will not accept it.
Molon Lube