News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Petulantly separating families and then saying it's the democrats fault for not letting him build his wall is the start of it. At some point this year people are going to walk into the oval office to find him stabbing Melania repeatedly and saying "STOP MAKING ME DO THIS".
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

"We're taking really good care of them but you can't look unless you give us 2 weeks warning so we can hose them down pretty the place up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/absolute-outrage-fla-lawmakers-not-allowed-into-kids-shelter/ar-AAyTVPS?ocid=spartanntp
Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

Here's what it actually does...
1. Codifies Jeff Sessions' "zero tolerance" directive until new immigration legislation is passed.
2. Limits the definition of family to parent-child pairs. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. are excluded.
3. Puts families under Homeland Security custody during criminal, immigration cases. Previously, children and detained families had to be held in facilities contracted by the Department of Health and Human Services.
3c. Authorizes the military to build new prisons for migrant families.
3d. Allows all Federal departments to offer their buildings as prisons.
3e. Authorizes the DOJ to try to wriggle out of the Flores Agreement.
4. Orders parents to be prosecuted first in immigration courts

Text of EO: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/affording-congress-opportunity-address-family-separation/

Cain

Quote from: Cain on June 14, 2018, 08:00:52 PM
So, speaking of work...

HR have rescheduled another meeting with me.  Given we've only arranged two meetings thus far, and both have had to be rescheduled (in each case adding an extra week into the process), that is quite impressive.

Oh well, at least this means I can have some beers and watch Egypt vs Uruguay tomorrow.

And....rescheduled again.  No date given this time, just a "I will be in touch with future date".

:lulz:

I was "joking" that this would happen just the other day with my co-worker.

LMNO

Honestly, what the fuck, Cain.

Feels like you have to bring up a second complaint to HR... about how HR is treating you.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Okay, starting to wonder if my blood sugar is fucked up or maybe it's just my strips. Woke up, blood tested at 124, tested again to be sure, it shot up to 147.now, maybe I'm just way too stressed about the whole baby gulags thing, but fuck there's no way that's accurate. Took two metformin just in case.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Faust

Quote from: Scott The Cuck on June 21, 2018, 12:15:27 AM

Here's what it actually does...
1. Codifies Jeff Sessions' "zero tolerance" directive until new immigration legislation is passed.
2. Limits the definition of family to parent-child pairs. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. are excluded.
3. Puts families under Homeland Security custody during criminal, immigration cases. Previously, children and detained families had to be held in facilities contracted by the Department of Health and Human Services.
3c. Authorizes the military to build new prisons for migrant families.
3d. Allows all Federal departments to offer their buildings as prisons.
3e. Authorizes the DOJ to try to wriggle out of the Flores Agreement.
4. Orders parents to be prosecuted first in immigration courts

Text of EO: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/affording-congress-opportunity-address-family-separation/

That last one makes it nigh on impossible for families to regain custody of their children, whole thing could take years and cost a fortune. It's stupid and petulant. I cant build my wall so I will hurt people and make a money pit.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 21, 2018, 03:12:52 PM
Okay, starting to wonder if my blood sugar is fucked up or maybe it's just my strips. Woke up, blood tested at 124, tested again to be sure, it shot up to 147.now, maybe I'm just way too stressed about the whole baby gulags thing, but fuck there's no way that's accurate. Took two metformin just in case.

A few things:

1.  What time did you last eat (last night, presumably, but when precisely)?
2.  Two metformin isn't a thing.  It's not insulin.
3.  Are you constantly testing yourself on the same finger?
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

1. I had dinner later than usual, around 8ish.
2. *Shrugs* seems like it usually works for me. Keep in mind I weigh more than most people.
3. I generally test on whichever finger feels less sensitive than the others.

I'd be willing to chalk this up to bad diet, except there was a another thing last week where I woke up and tested at 57 despite feeling completely normal, and then retested at like, 97. So I'm wondering if my testing equipment is just off. I haven't had the solution to test this vial of test strips, so it's possible that my data for the last few weeks is inaccurate
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 21, 2018, 06:30:02 PM
1. I had dinner later than usual, around 8ish.
2. *Shrugs* seems like it usually works for me. Keep in mind I weigh more than most people.
3. I generally test on whichever finger feels less sensitive than the others.

I'd be willing to chalk this up to bad diet, except there was a another thing last week where I woke up and tested at 57 despite feeling completely normal, and then retested at like, 97. So I'm wondering if my testing equipment is just off. I haven't had the solution to test this vial of test strips, so it's possible that my data for the last few weeks is inaccurate

Are you using C25 strips?

And I have had bad batches of strips, but they tend to consistently test high or low.  It's also possible that the testing computer itself is fucked.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Yea, I talked to the local pharmacist today, they said it could be the glucometer itself. I do remember one incident a while back where control fluid seeped into the slit where the strips go, maybe that's fucked it up.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Or it could just be the Chinese food yesterday.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on June 21, 2018, 12:43:18 PM
Honestly, what the fuck, Cain.

Feels like you have to bring up a second complaint to HR... about how HR is treating you.

Which would be the second complaint of that kind, since the first complaint was, essentially a) you're making me work alongside the person who broke into my flat, b) and you took 5 months to make a decision on that.

Apparently she's got to do more "investigating", so either HR really fucked up somewhere, management really fucked up somewhere, or this whole incident is about to get turned around on me (in which case, I'm already packed to move, and I go nuclear on them).

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 21, 2018, 07:28:46 PM
Or it could just be the Chinese food yesterday.

I could see late-evening Chinese giving you a high result, but not two different results.

Also, blood sugar does most of it's horrible damage while you're sleeping, because you are doing nothing to burn it up...And unlike normal primates, our systems don't just handle it.

So it's worth mentioning that I rarely eat after 7:30 PM.  125 isn't terrible for daytime, but it's lousy for sleeping hours.
Molon Lube