News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2018, 09:32:09 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2018, 08:08:55 PM
Kinda, though her skin colour would not make her very welcome there.  She's more Kingston, Jamaica.

Have you asked her to shut her stupid face?

Pretty much every day.  God I wish I had firing power.  Half the department would be gone, but it'd still give better service as a result.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2018, 09:56:39 PM
Kinda, though her skin colour would not make her very welcome there.  She's more Kingston, Jamaica.

Pretty much every day.  God I wish I had firing power.  Half the department would be gone, but it'd still give better service as a result.

You should seriously cultivate the behavior of the lead actor in Black Books.  I mean, if you haven't already.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I just realized that the Three's Company theme song passed the galactic central point 10 years ago, and in 20 more years we shall have annoyed ALL of the neighbors.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Interesting thought:  The same gene that expresses as a love for mariachi music also is responsible for polka.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2018, 05:06:26 PM
Interesting thought:  The same gene that expresses as a love for mariachi music also is responsible for polka.

Wait....

I need to think about this.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 03, 2018, 06:36:49 PM

Wait....

It's true.  Both forms of music involve accordions and the implied need to rupture everyone's eardrums with the excessive volume needed to drown the accordions out.

There is nothing good about either genre, they are in fact the SAME genre, and that genre is based on an angry demon-god who aims to punish us for whatever the fuck we did to piss it off.  It's the only explanation.  Science cannot tell you WHY accordions do what they do.  If you chop one in half, there is NOTHING INSIDE that would make that HORRIBLE NOISE.  Like bag pipes, only with less spit.
Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

I never made the connection myself. But, now that you've brought it to my attention, I admit that it does make perfect sense.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 04, 2018, 02:33:56 AM

I never made the connection myself. But, now that you've brought it to my attention, I admit that it does make perfect sense.

This is exactly the sort of thing that prevents me from being an atheist.
Molon Lube

Trivial

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2018, 06:43:25 PM

Wait....

It's true.  Both forms of music involve accordions and the implied need to rupture everyone's eardrums with the excessive volume needed to drown the accordions out.

There is nothing good about either genre, they are in fact the SAME genre, and that genre is based on an angry demon-god who aims to punish us for whatever the fuck we did to piss it off.  It's the only explanation.  Science cannot tell you WHY accordions do what they do.  If you chop one in half, there is NOTHING INSIDE that would make that HORRIBLE NOISE.  Like bag pipes, only with less spit.

So like my mom's hometown was made up of Polish and German immigrants two generations ago.  Now it's filling up with Mexicans.

The music has stayed the same.

No one has made bratwurst tacos yet.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Trivial on July 04, 2018, 05:09:49 AM

AGAIN, this is why I can't be an atheist.

Everything around me implies a hostile deity.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Trivial

This is how Trivial made us all millionaires.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2018, 06:43:25 PM

Wait....

If you remove the accordions from polka, I think it becomes ska
which is the comic sans of music genres, just saying

Quote from: Faust on July 04, 2018, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: Trivial

This is how Trivial made us all millionaires.

Yeah, jesus, that sounds great - taco shell with bratwurst, sauer kraut, mustard... sign me up

Chelagoras The Boulder

I think I remember reading that mariachi music actually is the product of European immigrants to Mexico, so there's probably something to this.

Also, bratwurst tacos have got to be the best premise for a food truck I've heard in forever.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2018, 09:32:34 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on July 02, 2018, 07:45:51 AM
Got set up with a new glucometer. Blood Sugar seems to be doing fine, i'm having pretty controlled readings so far, with none of the weird spikes i was seeing before.

Instrumentation issues are a bitch.
Yuuuuuup. Tho I got the results from my last A1C back. 5.4 %. So, I guess I'm technically normal now? Gotta see the doc to see what that means going forward. Wondering if this means I can stop taking metformin and possibly enjoy a beer on a regular basis again.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

shamelessPuck

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2018, 09:56:39 PM

I feel you there.  The nice detail I ended up at last night watching people watch fireworks quickly devolved into a group of my coworkers laughing along to stories of cops beating the shit out of people.  I do not like cops and increasingly do not like most of my coworkers.  On the plus side, two of my friends and I somehow convinced people in management that they should let us make people suck less at the types of calls that the three of us like to do.