News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I actually didn't mention the best part of that whole thing here.

The sexual assault was made by one of our resident students, and I was the one who dealt with the situation.  Management went completely AFK, I had threats to get a foreign embassy involved (all the students are international), I had threats made against the student alleged to have done the deed by another staff member, I couldn't initially ID the student in question because we didn't have basic working office equipment, if proper staffing levels had been put on to allow for regular patrols (since this was a massive arrival day, with 70+ students and 4 groups arriving) then the incident may not have occured ....

It was a clusterfuck of a night

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2018, 07:07:07 PM
I actually didn't mention the best part of that whole thing here.

The sexual assault was made by one of our resident students, and I was the one who dealt with the situation.  Management went completely AFK, I had threats to get a foreign embassy involved (all the students are international), I had threats made against the student alleged to have done the deed by another staff member, I couldn't initially ID the student in question because we didn't have basic working office equipment, if proper staffing levels had been put on to allow for regular patrols (since this was a massive arrival day, with 70+ students and 4 groups arriving) then the incident may not have occured ....

It was a clusterfuck of a night

Sorry to hear you had a bad night. Your shit reminds me that there are worse things than doing a 2 person palletizing job by yourself all night, and that really sucks on its own. Hang in there Cain. I hope that you find better work one fine day.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

It's alright.  My incident report made note of all of these things.  As an official document relating to the event...well, it has to be a part of the internal records relating to the event.  Of course, I have a copy saved, both in my emails and on my personal drive, but even if it were to go missing, that would be extremely serious.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Faust on July 04, 2018, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: Trivial

No one has made bratwurst tacos yet.
This is how Trivial made us all millionaires.

Yes, bratwurst tacos do sound like an idea whose time has come.

But, I can't help thinking kielbasa tacos would be a big hit too.

(Trivial can have the credit for that too, as she inspired my simple Polish variation.)
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

I have not slept in...37 hours.  This does not bode well.

Capeditiea

Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2018, 03:19:32 AM

aim for a whopping total of 167 hours :D
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

Doktor Howl

If this is becoming regular, go see the pusher man doctor.

I sometimes went 30-40 hours without sleeping back in the day.  It's hell on Earth.
Molon Lube

Capeditiea

but on a more serious note. i become cookie... and develop a migraine by 30 hours... :O
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 07, 2018, 02:52:28 PM

If this is becoming regular, go see the pusher man doctor.

I sometimes went 30-40 hours without sleeping back in the day.  It's hell on Earth.

Yeah, it's not fun.  It's mostly just the heat - it builds up due to the poor ventilation, so even leaving the windows overnight only slightly cools it down.

And then it builds back up during the day while I sleep...it's not fun.  Given it's 20C outside at night (and so closer to 25/30C in the building) I'm just waiting for the first student to collapse from heat exhaustion and/or dehydration.  If I hadn't slept today, I was going to call in sick and book myself into the nearest hospital with A/C.  But a combination of complete and utter exhaustion and repositioning my fans did the trick.

Cain

Also I'm on holiday in 2 days, and since the heat wave is showing no signs of giving up, I'll definitely be booking myself into a nice hotel somewhere.  A/C, a bar, quiet...that's all I need.

Junkenstein

Don't forget to call a locksmith and install hidden cameras before you leave.

Because you know your shit is going to be rooted through.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Trivial

I dunno where the youtube thread is but I found this and it's much better than the American one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02pNUKInBo&feature=youtu.be
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Bruno

Behold: Liberty University's The Trump Prophecy: The Movie

QuoteA collaboration between an independent Christian filmmaker and one of America's largest evangelical universities is showcasing the growing prominence of a provocative belief about President Donald Trump ― that he was divinely appointed to lead the United States.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/liberty-university-helps-create-movie-trump-chosen-by-god_us_5b119d9ce4b02143b7cc6cfb?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003
Formerly something else...

Cainad (dec.)

On Thursday, the protest/blockade of ICE offices in Philadelphia got broken up by police around noon...

Not that I would know anything about such disruptive, potentially unlawful activities, but it sure seemed to be going strong about 6 hours later. If Twitter is to be believed, they're still there.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 08, 2018, 06:16:11 AM
Behold: Liberty University's The Trump Prophecy: The Movie

QuoteA collaboration between an independent Christian filmmaker and one of America's largest evangelical universities is showcasing the growing prominence of a provocative belief about President Donald Trump ― that he was divinely appointed to lead the United States.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/liberty-university-helps-create-movie-trump-chosen-by-god_us_5b119d9ce4b02143b7cc6cfb?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

How do these guys miss the whole "The age of prophets is over?"  It's RIGHT THERE IN THE BOOK.
Molon Lube