News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 01, 2018, 05:06:59 PM
Quote from: axod on August 01, 2018, 03:07:45 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on July 31, 2018, 06:11:26 AM
so, I am on workman's comp with a back sprain and a side of sciatica, because apparently i am a 50 year old construction worker and nobody bothered to tell me.
feel ya thar. if I retire before 80, they giveses us free psychoneuroimunology. Uncle BadTouch?

What?

Was wondering about that myself.

Cain

The current crop of students have taken to pestering me with bizarre questions, such as "where is an open church" (at 2am), "what is the National Express" (a shitty bus service relying entirely on name recognition for business) and "where is Tilbury" (Port of London, aka the worst place in the world to be when Brexit hits).

minuspace

Quote from: LMNO on August 01, 2018, 06:28:11 PM
so, I am on workman's comp with a back sprain and a side of sciatica, because apparently i am a 50 year old construction worker and nobody bothered to tell me.
feel ya thar. if I retire before 80, they giveses us free psychoneuroimunology. Uncle BadTouch?

What?

I bet you GENESYS mistakenly put her into a medical experiment and she thinks it /may have been Uncle BadTouch,

axod

Quote from: LuciferX on August 02, 2018, 04:10:14 AM
Quote from: LMNO on August 01, 2018, 06:28:11 PM

What?

I bet you GENESYS mistakenly put her into a medical experiment and she thinks it /may have been Uncle BadTouch,
Bet you wouldn't be so glib if the skunks of NIMH were trying to get in your's. :argh!:
just this

Doktor Howl

Who among us has never wondered where we stand?  Who among us has never longed to see Ann Francis back on film?  You want to see King Kong, but you cannot.  He and Fay Wray wandered off years ago, and all you can do is turn on AMC and hope for the best.  All you can do is wonder how many films Claude Raines was in where you couldn't see him.  You may wonder if he got paid for that.  Many people wonder the same thing.  Tell me true:  Who among us has never been caught in a celluloid jam?  Who among us has never wanted to build a creature?  You will have to settle for androids; it is almost like a...
Molon Lube

minuspace

...n Upgrade. Works, but does not scream confirmation.

On an entirely unrelated note, someone was playing something about the Montaulk experiments on the resonant intertubes in the rec room. Something about someone being sent to the future... I then had to go into town and get something from the computer store. It had been replaced by an ice-cream shope, overnite it seemed. I turned to head back to my car, and as I'm waiting at the light to cross the street, a kid pulls up on a hoverboard and starts carving up the corner. Intersections are not what they used to be.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on August 02, 2018, 10:34:58 PM
...n Upgrade. Works, but does not scream confirmation.

On an entirely unrelated note, someone was playing something about the Montaulk experiments on the resonant intertubes in the rec room. Something about someone being sent to the future... I then had to go into town and get something from the computer store. It had been replaced by an ice-cream shope, overnite it seemed. I turned to head back to my car, and as I'm waiting at the light to cross the street, a kid pulls up on a hoverboard and starts carving up the corner. Intersections are not what they used to be.

LATE NIGHT SCIENCE FICTION DOUBLE FEATURE PICTURE SHOW
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2018, 09:30:54 PM
Who among us has never wondered where we stand?  Who among us has never longed to see Ann Francis back on film?  You want to see King Kong, but you cannot.  He and Fay Wray wandered off years ago, and all you can do is turn on AMC and hope for the best.  All you can do is wonder how many films Claude Raines was in where you couldn't see him.  You may wonder if he got paid for that.  Many people wonder the same thing.  Tell me true:  Who among us has never been caught in a celluloid jam?  Who among us has never wanted to build a creature?  You will have to settle for androids; it is almost like a...

This post makes me shake, it makes me want to take Charles Atlas by the hand.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mysterious-foul-odor-plagues-utah-city-if-you-smell-something-say-something/ar-BBLrXYR?ocid=spartanntp

I know what's happening here.  So do the city utility people, I am guessing.  They are not using enough water in their system.  But just try to get the city board to admit that they're not properly funding their water & sanitation.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

What is this world coming to, friends, when Cat Fancy Magazine eliminates their scratch & sniff section?  Who profits from this?  Why must they kill the only things in this world that love me back? 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on August 03, 2018, 07:46:01 PM
Flint 2.0?

No, this is more horrible, because bottled water won't save you.  When a sewer goes bad, you gotta leave town.
Molon Lube

minuspace

EK WAFFLR

Wife's been down with strep for a week, in the middle of her preparing for her final apprentice exams (floristry). I'm fucking exhausted. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just looking forward to having my days in the usual routine.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on August 06, 2018, 07:28:21 PM
Wife's been down with strep for a week, in the middle of her preparing for her final apprentice exams (floristry). I'm fucking exhausted. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just looking forward to having my days in the usual routine.

I hope your wife gets better.  I am a little shocked that a combat florist would be knocked down by a little strep, though.
Molon Lube