News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 08, 2018, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 07, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 06, 2018, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2018, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: EK WAFFLR on August 06, 2018, 07:28:21 PM
Wife's been down with strep for a week, in the middle of her preparing for her final apprentice exams (floristry). I'm fucking exhausted. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just looking forward to having my days in the usual routine.

I hope your wife gets better.  I am a little shocked that a combat florist would be knocked down by a little strep, though.

Strep sucks ass. I was fairly convinced I'd woken up with an especially aggressive and painful form of cancer when it hit me, and I've got goddamned tentacles for a face.

The nurse winced.

I am a walking strep factory.  I hardly notice the stuff anymore, but I trot in and get it checked in case it's the strain that causes rheumatic fever.  On account of I am a colony of A and B.  I am like humanity's appendix; here to re-infect you all if your biome gets too nice.

The Husband has gotten Scarlet Fever twice, so strep is an absolute code red in our household.

Scarlet fever or rheumatic fever?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/why-grocery-stores-will-win-the-meal-kit-wars/ar-BBLA3Xq?ocid=spartanntp

QuoteChef'd, a meal kit startup that tried partnering with recognizable names like Atkins and Campbell Soup suddenly shuttered its home delivery service in mid-July. It's now trying to sell kits in grocery stores, which may be the right move, according to R.J. Hottovy, a senior restaurant analyst at Morningstar.

:lulz:

DO NEVER TEST.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2018, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 06, 2018, 08:38:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2018, 07:31:05 PM
Quote from: EK WAFFLR on August 06, 2018, 07:28:21 PM
Wife's been down with strep for a week, in the middle of her preparing for her final apprentice exams (floristry). I'm fucking exhausted. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just looking forward to having my days in the usual routine.

I hope your wife gets better.  I am a little shocked that a combat florist would be knocked down by a little strep, though.
Hope you wife gets well soon.

also i would totally watch an anime about combat florists.

No, son, this is NORWAY, not Japan.  There is no anime.  It's all live action, and no stuntmen.  I've seen it happen.  Weaponized chrysanthemums are no way for a man to die.

After getting a second diagnosis of sinusitis on top of the strep, she passed her exams with flying colours today, proving that she's way over qualified to put up with me. But I don't complain.

She made the examiners (the people who decide whether your work is good or bad. I've no fecking idea what they're called in mercan) cry.
Whether this was because of her beautiful decorations or the fact that she made a rose shiv is unknown.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

So, it's finally happened.  Management are restructuring the department.  Among the highlights of our new deal:

- A £4k pay cut
- Reduction of staff to a single person per shift
- Rota changes that will involve working 4 nights a week and, once a month, 7 days or nights in a row.
- That we still do all our existing duties except those with regard to safeguarding
- That staff on-site will have to move out
- That we will be effectively demoted to "residential assistant" roles from our current roles.
- 3 people will be made redundant due to lower staffing needs

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2018, 08:57:31 PM
So, it's finally happened.  Management are restructuring the department.  Among the highlights of our new deal:

- A £4k pay cut
- Rota changes that will involve working 4 nights a week and, once a month, 7 days or nights in a row.
- That we still do all our existing duties except those with regard to safeguarding
- That we will be effectively demoted to "residential assistant" roles from our current roles.

What are their objectives, other than guaranteed abject failure?
Molon Lube

Cain

Make as much money as possible while paying as few people as possible, as little as possible.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2018, 09:33:02 PM
Make as much money as possible while paying as few people as possible, as little as possible.

So, yeah.  Abject failure.

My guess is they are planning on unloading the contract or business onto some sucker, very soon.  With 9 months.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Between now and then, what could possibly go wrong?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on August 10, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

Who cares?

By the time you see a stupid decision even happen, let alone the results of said stupid decision, the principal of the decision has already absconded with the loot, leaving one or more patsies behind.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2018, 10:26:08 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2018, 09:33:02 PM

So, yeah.  Abject failure.

My guess is they are planning on unloading the contract or business onto some sucker, very soon.  With 9 months.

There may not even be a business in 9 months.  Brexit is coming, and no-one has a fucking clue how badly it might bugger up EU student numbers.

rong

i got a new motorsickle

it is very fast

it looks like this:

it is correct
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

minuspace

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2018, 11:57:09 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on August 10, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

Who cares?

By the time you see a stupid decision even happen, let alone the results of said stupid decision, the principal of the decision has already absconded with the loot, leaving one or more patsies behind.
Nothing compares to you.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2018, 06:42:36 PM

Scarlet is what I have been told. He was 4 and 14 the times it happened, long before I was around.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 13, 2018, 12:18:08 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2018, 06:42:36 PM

Scarlet is what I have been told. He was 4 and 14 the times it happened, long before I was around.

Strep usually leads to rheumatic fever, which is deadly enough all by itself.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2018, 08:57:31 PM

- A £4k pay cut

Holy shit.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]